• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

thequeenofsorrow

Trusted Member
http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/21739497/detail.html

DENVER -- A Lakewood man has been arrested in connection with the death of a 3-month-old infant.

Investigators are trying to figure out how the infant died. Officers were called to the 100 block of South Quay Street after 10 p.m. Thursday on a report the infant had died.

They arrested the 24-year-old father, Marcus Leyba, and took him to the Jefferson County Jail on a charge of child abuse resulting in death.

His supporters are saying a vaccine killed the baby. Blah. He was arrested on suspicion of child abuse resluting in death....

private but at least you can see his "son"/dog and his older daughter. He hasnt been on since July. http://www.myspace.com/mystic_ways112

HISPANIC MALE!! WHO HAS HIS SHIT TOGETHER,I AM A PROUD FATHER OF 2 BEAUTIFUL LITTLE GIRLS. MY DAUGHTER ROSALYN IS 2 YEARS OLD AND MY OTHER DAUGHTER IS DUE SEPTEMBER 6. HER NAME IS GOING TO BE LILLIAN I AM SO EXCITED!!I HAVE A SON HIS NAME IS ICESIS,HE'S A DOG. .. .. .. .. .. .. ..

can't find pic. someone with the same name has a facebook acct but from NM

Inmate Booking Details
Name: MARCUS ANTHONY LEYBA
DOB (Date of Birth): 09-28-1985
JCID: P00998627
Booking Number: 0918210
Race: WHITE
Height: 5'11 "
Weight: 150
Visits Remaining This Week: 1
Booking Date: 11-27-2009
Arresting Agency: LAKEWOOD POLICE DEPARTMENT
Details For Charge # 1
Charge: CHILD ABUSE KNOWING RECKLESS CAUSE DEATH
Bond Amount/Type: $0.00
Eligible for Bail? No
Fine Cost: $0.00
Expected Release Date:
Bail Reference:
Next Scheduled Court Date: 11-30-2009
Court Time: 1000
Court: DIVISION F
Docket Number: PEND
Type Of Hearing: ADVISEMENT

Last edited:
For his family's Sake I do hope the infant had a bad reaction to a vaccine and that the police have just jumped the gun.

I really hate this last name. Reminds me of the word labia.

I think the facebook might be him. If so he's creepy looking. It appears he may have some family in Albuquerque. Still lookin

Leyba will make his appearance in Jefferson County Court next week. He was arrested two years ago on a charge of cruelty toward a child......

This says it all for me. Another baby beating bastard. Nothing he can be grateful for now. Hopefully he will have a lot of Thanksgivings in prison to think this one over.

Rest in peace baby girl.

If there wasn't previous child abuse issues... Considering I have had a child who had a severe reaction to a vaccine and almost died from it... IF there wasn't previous abuse... IF...

If there wasn't previous child abuse issues... Considering I have had a child who had a severe reaction to a vaccine and almost died from it... IF there wasn't previous abuse... IF...

Please share about this vaccine reaction, Immortal!! That's terrifying!

My daughter developed Viral Meningitis at 6 weeks old from the Hep B shot in 1997... (She is 12 now and the possible damage is neurological at this point as she needs meds for mood stabilization).... She spent a week in the hospital and we almost lost her... if I hadn't been so aware of her acting strange and that her screaming was out of pain (and the 106 fever...) we would have if we'd even been 12 hours later according to the hospital at the time.

My other daughter (who is 16) got the Chicken Pox vaccine at 2 years old... then had 6... yes SIX doctor confirmed cases of the chicken pox that were considered "mild cases"....

Both of these are reasons that Itty Bit (who is 27 months) and the new baby (due in March) are on 6 month delays for all of their shots.

Stupid person posting---

What's a "six month delay?"

I believe IO means she had the pediatrician put her baby on a 6 month slide on vaccines instead of starting at 2 mo., (actually their are now some newborn shots some hospitals try to administer in the hospital), she'd be starting at 8 mo. I believe. At least that's what I did with my 1st born who was born a preemie. You have the right to do so but you must submit it in writing and insist on it and discuss with your baby's doctor. My son wasn't allowed around large groups in public so keeping him indoors much of the first 4 mo. was hard but helped with the delay on his shot schedule as to not expose him to a slew of things he might have caught.

My husband's nephew had a reaction to the vaccination, although I don't know which one it was. He developed a high fever, but the doctor sent him back home. As a result of the doctor's neglect, the child is now blind, deaf, and cannot function for himself. He's 10, and quite a handful for his mom.

This is so off topic and I am so sorry.

I have an inherent mistrust of vaccines because my ma didn't believe in them but I have a really close friendship with my pediatrician. The way we work things is my kid only gets the shots her kids do.

Children that are even suspected to be at all compromised should put them off as long as possible.

Her initial vaccines were 3 months behind (instead of newborn it was done at 3 months) and the more they were trying to do at once, the longer the spread became. I believe in vaccinating - but I feel that they overwhelm their little immune systems too early.

I nursed Itty Bit (still do unless I am cramping) - and I really believe that if I hadn't she would've been a sicker child - she hasn't ever been sick or even had a cold... even though I had the plague this last week and a half.

289wsuq.jpg
Family members say the man now charged with first-degree murder in the death of his 2-and-a-half-month-old baby girl tried to strangle his own mother shortly before they found his daughter dead in his bed, according to court records.

Marcus Leyba, 24, also faces a charge of child abuse resulting in death. His next scheduled court appearance in court on Feb. 1.
[...]

According to an arrest affidavit, the trouble started as Thanksgiving dinner was wrapping up inside the home.

Relatives who were there told investigators that first Leyba got into an argument with the baby's mother, Jennifer Chavez, who then left the home with an older child.

That is when investigators say Leyba began arguing with his own mother. The fight became so intense relatives told investigators they had to "pull him off his mother" because he was trying to strangle her.

After the fight broke up, according to court records, Leyba grabbed his baby daughter and took her downstairs. Relatives told investigators that they then started cleaning up from dinner.

It wasn't until about 10 p.m. that someone went to check on Leyba and his daughter and found the baby lying next to him on a bed. The baby was said to be unresponsive, according to court documents.

According to court records Lillian died after suffering from massive skull fractures.
http://www.9news.com/news/local/article.aspx?storyid=128242&catid=346

aww he's got defenders

Debbie Leyba says:
I know my nephew Marcus Leyba and he is not a murder.It is a horrible accident and he does not deserve to be called a "lethal child abuser". He is a good person who made a mistake, dont we all? He loves all of his family and we love him. So please dont be quick to judge if you dont know him. I know my nephew and he would never do anything like this intentionally.

Gary L says:
I've known Marcus for over 13 years, he is not a murderer. He's a good person who if you ask anybody that knows him or his older daughter...he's -over protective- as all loving parents are. I've been there when he held his (older now) crying daughter, whispering to her that everything was ok until she calmed and fell asleep after a bottle. Please consider that mistakes happen, and they can happen to anyone. Even somebody close to you, you wouldn't want people to immediately start calling them names and judging.

That picture is a portrayal of any parent that lost a child who's life they valued more than their own.

Please before you judge or say mean things about him, consider what's he's going through.

Leyba Family says:
Marky we love you and are praying every day for you, Jenn & the babies. The Lord knows this was an accident, and so does your Family. & this little comment above "Leyba was busted two years ago on child cruelty charges" again this is typical Jefferson County for you trying to charge a person w/ everything possible although not always true nor correct! This was an incident that involved him & his wife, not the children, but Jefferson County is NOTORIOUS for this kind of thing, they are not a fair county & their judgement on cases is more valued than the actual facts! I haved lived in Jefferson County long enough to know this is in fact true. They have too many damn cops up and down the same freekin streets w/ nothing better to do than ruin people's lives to the fullest extent that they can! You do not know Marcus nor his Family, I am his Family and can tell you this was not child abuse nor murder nor what ever else the cops and media want it to be just so they can wrap up the case. Marcus loves his children, always has, always will, he was a good Dad and this is a horrible nightmare that he is being accused of.
We love you Marky, and will ride through this w/ you all the way.

http://blogs.westword.com/latestword/2009/12/marcus_leybas_mug_shot_speaks.php

Awww poor "Marky"

RIP Lillian

How do you accidentally bash your infants skull in? He was mad at his mommy and took it out on the baby. Fucking asshole.

I suppose trying to strangle his own mother was a bad mistake, as well... Wonder how she feels about her grandchild receiving the brunt of Markys anger???

Dumbshit said:
I haved lived in Jefferson County long enough to know this is in fact true. They have too many damn cops up and down the same freekin streets w/ nothing better to do than ruin people's lives to the fullest extent that they can!

While I can agree that JeffCo cops ARE obnoxious bitches about handing out traffic citations willy nilly*... this guy wasn't bashing his kid's skull in while cruising through a yellow light so that argument is moot (god, I love that word).
I just don't get how his family can not be furious that he choked his mom and killed his baby. Something's gone mushy in all their heads.

*Especially when it's 10 til 2am, I've had a really shitty day, and I'm just trying to get to Wendy's before the damn drive-thru closes. I was only going a little too fast! I shoulda just eaten the stupid ticket.

I love how People Pass Judgement!!!

I wish people would not be so fast to judge! I was there and you dont know anything at all but what you read or hear and that is called leading the story and the media and police are leading you to believe what they want you to! which are all lies!!!!!! The babys mother Jennifer Chavez is the the one who was fighting with Marcus and trying to go and party with her friends!!!!! instead of staying home with her children where she belonged!!! she is a low life who was pawning off her babies all day with Marcus's 2 little sisters and Marcus's cousin through out the day while she was drinking and carrying on!!!! AND THIS WENT ON FOR ABOUT 5 HOURS! this so called woman Jennifer Chavez was very pissed off due to the fact of his mother was not going to allow his 12 year old sister to tend to her children so that she could go partyand she had this planned from earlier in the day mind you!!!!!!! she kept bitching at Marcus to plead with his mother to let his 12 year old sister babysit, his mother kept telling him no!!! so Jennifer got aggresive and started treating Marcus shit and she was very pissed at him because his mother would not agree to let his sister stay!! Jennnifer argued and yelled at him, Marcus never said anything to Jennifer he sat there quiet and was just listening to her yelling and degrading him about how much she hated him and how much of a fucking looser he is and so on. his mother told Jennifer to take her kids and leave and at this time she is sevearly drunk!!!!! HER MAIN GOAL WAS TO LEAVE HER KIDS SO SHE COULD GO PARTY!!! here are some of the things we have had to deal with with this woman..... This woman has assult charges on Er staff!!! kicking a nurse while the nurse is trying to help her because she fell out drunk at a bar,,,, so the bartender called 911 he thought something was wrong!!!! she drinks perfusley and blacks out alot!!!!! she is permiscuis!!!!being caught by one of her bosses giving a blow-job to some man at a bus stop!!!! calling marcus at 2 in the morning saying she is half naked and drunk dont know how she got that way begging him to pick her up!!!! beating Marcus with a cell phone and drawing blood two times!! having a drug/ alcohol counsler call child pertective services on her because she seen Jennifer mistreating the older child!!!!! and mind you she was pregnant with baby Lilly!!! THESE ARE JUST SOME OF THE THINGS THIS WOMAN HAS DONE!!!! I COULD GO ON AND ON!!!!! This woman never wanted the baby Lilly to begin with!!! she wanted an abortion and that really hurt Marcus he was devastated he came and confided in me about it!! Marcus fought and tried to keep his family together dispite all!!! and looked passed all her faults he loved her uncondictionally!!! and she used him to her fullest satisfaction, Marcus worked 5 days a week sometimes up to 7 days to get the overtime to support his family!!!!! all the while she wanted to party and work at bars wanting to be the center of attention with men!! said she felt tied down and trapped!!!!!!! and she told this to one of the family members!!!! the wrong person is being prosacuted.......... she says that she was not able to take baby Lilly due to the family keeping her from doing so which is a lie,,, now I know if someone was trying to keep my baby from me I would call the police I would wait there and get my baby no matter what!! she was told three times to take her kids!!! she left with the older one and never came back....MARCUS WAS MAD AT HIS MOTHER BECAUSE HIS MOTHER KICKED JENNIFER'S DRUNK ASS OUT! Marcus and his baby are both victoms ... something happend to Lillian before the bitch left......we did not even get to grieve the loss of Lillian at all or have a proper Burial Service!!! Jennifer wanted to cremate Lillian asap!!! we wonder why!!!! Marcus's lawyer had to fight in court to get a court order to stop the cremation to get an autopsy of Lilly for the defence of Marcus!! for forensic purposes!! the bitch wanted the baby cremated right away!!!now if that were me I would want to know everything that I could find out about what happend to my Daughter!!!!! what is she hiding!!!! but the lawyer won that! and guess what this woman was seen at the bar within 5 months after this tragedy by my brother she was with another man drinking and carrying on hanging all over this man acting like nothing ever happend......And now she is pregnant not from the man at the bar!!!! but from another man and all of this before 6 months after Lillians death!!!! before the year anniversary of her babys death!!!! I wonder how many men she has gotten comfort from......you people figure it out!!!! I hope you all really think before you comment on what the media says about someone!!! before you judge someone!!! know all the facts before you start passing judgement!!! THAT BITCH NEEDS STOP LYING AND NEEDS TO BE PROSECUTED!!!!! SHE GAVE POLICE 9 DIFFERENT STATEMENTS WHAT DOES THAT TELL YOU SHE CANT GET HER STORY STRAIGHT!!!! ALL LIES BLAMING EVERYONE BUT HERSELF!!!!!NOW DONT GET ME WRONG IT TAKES TWO TO TANGLE AND I AM NOT SAYING MARCUS IS AN ANGEL BY ALL MEANS!! BUT THAT NIGHT WAS ALL JENNIFER CHAVEZ FAULT PERIOD!!!!!!!! AND THERE ARE A HOUSE FULL OF WITNESSES TO PROVE IT !!!!!!! EVERYBODY IS SAYING OHH THE POOR MOTHER!!! BUT THEY DONT KNOW THE HALF OF IT OR EVEN A QUARTER FOR THAT MATTER!!!!!!! KNOW THE FACTS

EVERYBODY IS SAYING OHH THE POOR MOTHER!!! BUT THEY DONT KNOW THE HALF OF IT OR EVEN A QUARTER FOR THAT MATTER!!!!!!! KNOW THE FACTS

sorry for your loss and with all due respect we take things as legitimate news sources tell it...true, we were not there and we DON'T know what went on...like i said we only know what the news says

furthermore, this story's last post was in Dec 09, almost a year ago...I, myself, hadn't heard of this tragedy untill you came and posted...it was a dead thread...but now i'm gonna have to dig to see what I can find out...maybe i'll find he was aquitted... i dunno

What it boils down to is the kid is better off dead than with that pair of shitty parents (and friends/family).

Dear Angelwhatthefuckever,.....Hahahaha..ha. Where is it that you seem to believe its okay to send a drunk mom out with her kids? Was she driving? Thats ok with you, and those people? If I had a mom who was ripped and causing trouble at my house, where I supplied the booze..well, I wouldnt let her go out my door with kids. Id just let HER go. And poor marky was mad at momsies, so , instead of being a man , and walking away, he tries to choke his own mom out. Huh. Drama does not entitle a man to crush his babys skull. He had obviously no self control. He killed his baby. No ones fault but his. Idiot.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, AngelAmongous, thanks for that just barely readable screed. I see that you are passionate about your cousin's (?) innocence and his girlfriend's guilt.

If what you say about her is true, that she was a party girl, selfish, irresponsible, and a nympho to boot, I can see why you hate her. If the argument she had with Marcus was over her need to party the night of Thanksgiving, and the fact that his mother (baby Lilly's grandmother) would not allow her daughter (baby Lilly's aunt) to be dragooned into babysitting, I can see the frustration that everyone present must have felt.

You postulate that she was the one who injured the child, before she abandoned her that day. If this is so, did no one see the injuries on Lilly? Was no one tending to Lilly while the argument was going on? Did no one in the family love Lilly enough (besides presumably Marcus) to give her cuddles and attention during the course of the day, especially during the tense, loud argument? How is that no one, including Marcus, saw that Lilly needed to be taken to a hospital before Jennifer stormed out of the house with her elder child?

I would have to say it seems unlikely Lilly was mortally injured by her mother, although one cannot discount the enduring emotional damage she might have suffered.

I would say though, that Marcus may be a paragon of patience and tolerance when it comes to Jennifer and her rather slutty behavior. However . . . that doesn't explain why he then turned on his mother and tried to physically harm her. Yes, his mom may have angered Jennifer while defending her own daughter, and she might have caused the situation with Jennifer to explode when she could have just given in to Jennifer's demands. Does that seem like a good reason to strangle her? Not in my mind. If his mother was unwilling to tolerate Jennifer's outbursts, she did exactly as she ought. She kicked Jennifer out of the house. Marcus could have left with her (and the children), but he didn't.

Do they live at his mother's house? Why did he stay? Why did he blame his mother for her stance?

Okay, though, let's assume that he was blowing off steam in the aftermath of the argument with Jennifer and he directed it at his mother. That was understandable, if wrongheaded and the kind of mistake people can forgive. Also the kind of mistake that isn't against the law or the Bible. Physically harming his mother, that would be called assault, and failure to honor thy mother.

I believe he did kill Lilly, because no one could say (apparently) that Jennifer did it before she left. Everyone allowed him to take Lilly downstairs to his lair and stay there for several hours without any concern for either of them. Who expects someone to blow up like that?! That's at least semi-understandable. You all might as easily found him down there dead of a suicide as finding him asleep or high on drugs or watching TV morosely. Instead, Lilly was dead. He killed her. And not by shaking, which I might have expected from a frustrated and out of control parent. No. By smashing her head. That is no accident. No accident. No mistake. That is murder.

BTW, wanting to party isn't a sin. Killing a child is.

I can't understand any of that shit. Why the fuck do you not use paragraphs, you retard? English teachers all over the world are weeping.

she is permiscuis!

What the fuck is permiscuis? Use your goddamn spell check.

Latest posts

Back