• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

cubby

Live Long and Prosper
Bold Member!
https://www.washingtonpost.com/worl...b01f6c-273a-11e6-8329-6104954928d2_story.html

A 17-year-old girl has died while undergoing female circumcision in Egypt, prompting health authorities to shut down the hospital and refer doctors for prosecution, a senior health official said Tuesday.

The centuries-old practice, believed to control women’s sexuality, was criminalized in Egypt in 2008. But it remains widespread in the country, where an estimated 90 percent of women have undergone some form of the procedure.

Lotfi Abdel-Sameeia, a senior Health Ministry official, said Manar Moussa and her twin sister underwent the surgery in the city of Suez on Saturday. The other girl survived, but Manar died of a suspected stroke while under anesthesia.

The Suez city health inspector in charge of issuing the burial permits reported his suspicions to health and security authorities after examining the body. A forensic report has yet to be released to determine the cause of death, Abdel-Sameeia said.

Authorities ordered the hospital closed on Monday and referred two doctors and the head of the hospital for prosecution. Abdel-Sameeia said they face allegations of conducting a banned procedure and causing Manar’s death. He said the hospital has received several warnings before over its poor health record, including its lack of an intensive care unit.

It never ends...:(

Those poor girls and what they go through. Such a barbaric and disgusting procedure with a lifetime of physical and emotional pain.

For all this hospital had a poor health record, it sure as hell beats having it done on a clay floor under a palm roof with no anesthetic and no sterilisation of the "surgical implements".

And there is always a risk involved with surgery. Always.

The other girl survived, but Manar died of a suspected stroke while under anesthesia.

This site supports those who support the mutilation of little girls genitals.

This is a story about a medical mistake. I personally support this ritual of faith,

don't cry for the dead girl...cry for the one that lived and has

to walk around with beautiful scars that SOME of you will now call a deformity.

This is a story about a medical mistake. I personally support this ritual of faith,

I don't support anything against someone's will. They go through so much pain during and after. Making sex and childbirth much more painful and yes, it is a deformity. No need to change what we are born with unless it's your choice.

No need to change what we are born with unless it's your choice.

Its a right of passage, not a deformity...they don't call it that. They do not call it

that and they're insulted when you or anyone of us do.

Consider that it WAS her choice.

Last edited:
Its a right of passage, not a deformity...they don't call it that. They do not call it

and they're insulted when you or anyone of us do. Consider that it WAS her choice.

You honestly think it was? Is it choice, when the older generation are pushing for it? We have young women taken from the UK to the Middle East "on holiday" to have it done. They sure as hell don't choose it, and if they had known about the plans of their elders, they would have thrown themselves on the mercy of the nearest customs official at Heathrow airport.

I find this case slightly less horrible than some, because the young woman was 17 and may have had some inkling what was going to happen, and because her parents treated it as a medical procedure instead of letting it happen in an unsanitary setting. I still think it is a terrible thing to do to a woman.

and they're insulted when you or anyone of us do. Consider that it WAS her choice.

Nah, I'm good. It's my opinion and it still stands. Whether they are insulted or not. It's still barbaric.

I find this case slightly less horrible than some, because the young woman was 17 and may have had some inkling what was going to happen, and because her parents treated it as a medical procedure instead of letting it happen in an unsanitary setting. I still think it is a terrible thing to do to a woman.

17 or 7, are any of these girls educated properly on the longterm horrific effects of this procedure? Something tells me, fuck no.

Nah, I'm good. It's my opinion and it still stands. Whether they are insulted or not. It's still barbaric.

There is one big problem with what you're saying here.... your stance isn't an opinion. Your take on this matter is fact based.

Somalia has FGM, the West has drugs like Prozac, etc.

I don't get it. You're comparing an actual, genuine medical treatment with a procedure that's completely unnecessary from a medical standpoint. I won't even get into the fact that a lot of these are done outside of hospitals, by people without formal medical training or qualifications.

They are brainwashed to think it's a "right of passage"
... Just like we are to think we need a "tit job" to be beautiful ..

I will never understand why you would want to take away a womans pleasure in sex.
Seeing and feeling a woman getting off is the most insanely satisfying sensation in the world...(next to really good chocolate or bustin' my own nut).

Maybe if these goat rapers understood what it is to come out of the effing past and into the now.
Thrilled these two butchers are facing some kind of punishment...cock removal perhaps?
THAT type of 'beheading' I could easily get behind.

I will never understand why you would want to take away a womans pleasure in sex.
Seeing and feeling a woman getting off is the most insanely satisfying sensation in the world...(next to really good chocolate or bustin' my own nut).

Because we're all dirty little sluts I tell ya! ;)

Yeah but our parents don't drag us to get them done.

Sick dads pay for the view and sick mothers in the tattoo parlour signing the waver for

their twelve year olds belly button piercing.

Me every time I see it: daddy will stay forever now. (sneer)

Last edited:
Sick dads pay for the view and sick mothers in the tattoo parlour signing the waver for

they're twelve year olds belly button piercing.

What?

they're twelve year olds belly button piercing.

My dad never payed for the boob job i wanted.... Asshole. And I had to wait until I was 16 (legal age in Iowa) to get my belly pierced because my mom would have killed me. I still dont have the boob job by the way

@Katie23 I wasn't talking about you...I was talking about lots of other families.
[doublepost=1465262554,1465262350][/doublepost]

Horrible parents in the tattoo parlour letting their twelve year olds get peircings

Oh hunni I know you werent talking about me <3 i just had to vent lol! After breast feeding 2 kids my boobs are like deflated punching bags lol! Still waiting on that boob job :p

@CSItoBe

Did u respond to lith's comment?

Sometimes they get mixed up when u quote. I've done it a bunch of times.

And again, welcome, by the way!

FGM is practiced among some adherents of the Muslim, Christian, and Jewish faiths. FGM is also practiced among some animists, who believe in the existence of individual spirits and supernatural forces. It is erroneously linked to religion, is not particular to any religious faith, and predates Christianity and Islam.Jun 16, 2010
Q&A on Female Genital Mutilation | Human Rights Watch
https://www.hrw.org/news/2010/06/.../qa-female-genital-mutilation
Human Rights Watch

~Lithiumgirl~ This is practiced as you well know in some instances on infants before they are even a year old. How you condone this barbaric practice is beyond me. Truly beyond me!!

but I'd call it
the over sexualization of our daughters first.
So, you are entitled to the opinion that it is "over sexualization of our daughters" (which I am not necessarily disagreeing with), but you get tweaked out over those of us that say FGM is just a way to dominate and control their daughters.

I call it mutilation and deformity when a woman has her clitoris hacked off and the labia majora and minora, stitched together, leaving the smallest possible entry, to allow for urination and menstruation.

A tiny entry that scars over, designed to be literally ripped open by her husband on her wedding night when he takes her virginity.

It IS mutilation. And its designed to eradicate any possible chance of the female ever having physical pleasure from sex and intimate play. Its designed to make her fear sex and fear sexual intimacy.

Its a mutilation that often kills - as seen in this case. That often leads to hideous infections.

Its a mutilaton, that often, due to the young woman (or little girl, depending on just how perverted the family is) physically struggling in terror and sheer agony, as she is forcibly held down, so the butcher who is torturing her makes mistakes, and accidentally slashes her perineum as well. Those women become incontinent and often defecate through their vagina's, bringing further medical issues, as well as cleanliness and hygiene issues that lead to their ostracism and abandonment by their societies, because they struggle to control their defecation and urination - and thus, smell of it.

If there is a God of some form up there, he/she/it CREATED women exactly as we are. We are not designed to be mutilated and tortured as an after thought.

This act is purely and simply indicative of intellectually, spiritually and mentally primitive, unevolved cultures and religion that is male dominant and that fears women so terribly that butchering them is their preferred way to maintain control.

Its not beautiful, it's sickening. Its not comparable to hyper sexualization of women in the West. It's designed to make women incapable of enjoying the act. And to mightily fear it. Its not comparable to a piercing, or a tattoo, they are cosmetic enhancements that do not eradicate sexual pleasure or introduce mind numbing terror.

None of these things permanently butcher and disfigure little girls and permanently eradicate their ability to ever achieve orgasm, permanently cause them great fear and terror and pain just by simply 'enduring' the act of sexual penetration.

Its an unevolved, primitive, pathetic, obscene practice. And no, it is not comparable to male circumcision. Removing the additional piece of foreskin that sits above a flaccid penis does not permanently destroy a male's ability to achieve orgasm. It does not cause difficulty with urination. It does not leave a male in gripping terror everytime he has to have sex with his wife due to fear of the pain he is about to endure. It does not punish him for the so-called crime of being born to his gender. The two are simply not comparable, as much as I disagree with both.

A young girl lost her life, because a bunch of men, eons ago, deemed her sexuality to be such an extreme threat to them and their inability to control their pathetic desires. She lost her life, because her shithead society and religion said that despite God being all powerful, and we being God's greatest creation, in his own image, that God FUCKED UP, by giving women genitals and the ability to orgasm, the ability to menstruate and urinate freely. It says that all knowing, all powerful God gave men penises that they simply can't control, ergo they need to butcher little girls. How that stops a woman from being attractive to them, I don't know.

They just hate and fear and want to brutalize and punish.

Fuck. You know what? I'm a solid Atheist. But I hope sometimes I'm wrong. I really do. Because when these sick fuckers die and meet their judgement, they have to explain how they used their Lord in vain, using him as the excuse and reason as to why they butchered little girls, all because they feared how much they desired them. I want a fucking front row seat for that showdown.
[doublepost=1465383533,1465383196][/doublepost]
Yeah but our parents don't drag us to get them done.

Or ostracize us, beat us, force us to go through with it. Threaten to kill us, etc etc etc.

@sarahdownunder

Please consider that women that willingly participate in this practice do not call the

procedure FGM...they call it Buntu (or something very similar, that I'm to lazy to look up

right now but can be found in the other thread about FGM here on DD with a link to a

black female anthropologist who is modern and good looking and holds a doctorate)

Consider how offensive YOUR words are when you or anyone else really warps

for the purpose of fear mongering the name and the meaning of this practice or ritual of

of faith.

The only people that call this rite FGM, is AMERICANS, and AMERICANS do it to scare everyone.

You may hear about eight year olds that undergo the procedure willingly, little

girls who enjoy the feast and the dancing and the celebration ...know what that means?

It means their eight year olds are tougher than ours. it also means that America is intimidated

by that so they call it something horrible...Like Female Genital Mutilation.

This isn't a matter of opinion or cultural differences. It's an undeniable fact that it's wrong. This can not be argued. This isn't one of these controversial debate type of deals.

Back