• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Satanica

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
Thanks, Keepa!

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...8d3ccb6e4b0f838c62ff227?section=us_weird-news
serveimage

Here’s a textbook case of immediate regret.

When Nick Bull decided to take Shamrock, a retired racehorse, out for a light trot, he didn’t expect to be holding on for dear life. Unfortunately for Nick, ol’ Sham decided to briefly relive the glory days.

“Whoaaa, Shamrock. Oh, Jesus Christ. Sham, Sham, whoaaaaaa. Whoa, Sham. Oh dear. Sham. Whoa. Whoa, Shamrock. Whooaaaaa,” is about as much as rider Nick Bull could scream as he went for a ride he won’t soon forget.
[....]
“Please excuse the bad language and girly screams at the end,” Bull wrote in the YouTube description. We get it, you were launched from a horse. Scream all you want.

Can't stop hearing CAKE in my head now ... the arena is empty except for one man, still driving and striving as fast as he can.

Last edited:
That reminds me of when I lost a stirrup and wound up being bounced out of an English saddle and off a horse. Luckily, there was a nice soft patch of blackberry brambles for me to land in.

--Al

He should take a few more riding lessons before he heads out on a thoroughbred again. I don't think the horse was even going that fast, but way too fast for the rider.
It's no fun having your wind knocked out.

the horse wasn't goin that fast at all but he should have immediately taken it to the green as I have no idea how it didn't stumble in the mucky muddy path

the horse wasn't goin that fast at all but he should have immediately taken it to the green as I have no idea how it didn't stumble in the mucky muddy path
I don't think the rider could get past the hedgerows before he was thrown. Horse probably thought it was back in the good old days of a morning gallop. The road looked pretty firm, just wet. I was more worried about a cobble. He gave a racehorse every signal to run by pulling back on the reins.

I just cant say a judgemental word.
I had the same experience once.
The bitch left me kissing rocks on the dirt road. I got a ride home from a passing neighbor. When i got home, there she was, standing at the tie out waiting to have her saddle removed and her after ride brushing.

When I read the title I was reluctant to click because I thought it was going to end badly for the horse. But.... baa haaa haaaaaa. Lucky for the rider Shamrock was apparently a flat racer because if he was a show jumper it might have gone even worse. A LOT worse.

@Keepalowprofile . I think all equestrians have had that experience once!

I thought it was going to end badly for the horse.
These situations rarely end badly for the horse. The horse wins that day! The rider: embarrassment, a long walk home.
if he was a show jumper it might have gone even worse. A LOT worse.
He might be a jumps racer. (A show jumper would be better trained to stop.) That doesn't mean he'd jump. Even jumpers spend most or their exercise galloping for stamina.

Last edited:
@Keepalowprofile . I think all equestrians have had that experience once!

These situations rarely end badly for the horse. The horse wins that day! The rider: embarrassment, a long walk home.

He might be a jumps racer. (A show jumper would be better trained to stop.) That doesn't mean he'd jump. Even jumpers spend most or their exercise galloping for stamina.

Show jumpers don't spend time galloping. We trot trot trot and tons of gymnastics.

When I was a kid I thought I'd ride Indian style with just the blanket. Bet you can guess how that turned out!

Back