• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.
A man who was found dead on a west London street was stabbed as he tried to flee from a bar, police have said.

Tony Charlery, 59, was stabbed in the neck as he tried to "run away from his attackers" at the Mau Mau bar on Portobello Road in Notting Hill.

The emergency services were called late on Friday to reports of a stabbing but the grandfather died at the scene in the early hours of Saturday.

A murder investigation has been launched. No arrests have been made.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-29002735

Oh my God that's my old stomping ground. Mau Mau is at 265 Portobello Road (it was called something else back then but I can't remember what), my mate co-owned the Market Bar (now Shannon's) at 240. It was a real laid back, bohemian area then. My mum and I got our tats done at Saint's (few doors down from Mau Mau) and we cruised the antique shops and market with Screaming Lord Sutch there more than once. How very sad. It could get crazy there sometimes but nobody ever got hurt.

A man who killed a grandfather he harboured a "serious grudge" against has been jailed for life.

The police said Wesley thought Mr Charley was responsible for the death of his sister 15 years ago.

Wesley will serve a minimum of 21 years after being convicted of murder at Kingston Crown Court.

Wesley's sister Bolajai died in 1999 after falling out of a third-floor window in Earls Court, the court heard.

In 2004, Wesley attacked Mr Charlery with an iron bar outside his home and stood trial for causing grievous bodily harm with intent and was acquitted.

He later admitted he carried out the attack, officers said.

During his trial, Wesley admitted manslaughter but denied murder on the grounds of loss of control.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-32415085

Back