• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

notchback

Insensitive Asshole
Bold Member!
http://www.macon.com/news/nation-world/national/article188099994.html
Blood stains at the end of the Crawford County, Georgia driveway had been covered up with sand Monday in the spot where a dog was beheaded with a kitchen knife early evening Friday.

Clumps of dog hair were still visible on the blood-soaked blue collar nearby.

Joe Nate Goodwin says he decapitated his 2-year-old dog at the behest of the sheriff’s deputies, who had been called out to the house earlier in the day after a neighbor was bitten on the leg.

Goodwin said he wasn’t home when a deputy came by the house. The dog lunged toward the deputy, who shot it dead near the mailbox, he said.
One video opens with Hollis threatening to take Goodwin to jail. Goodwin asked what he would be charged with and the other officer responded, “you can be charged with disorderly conduct.”

“You can sit there all you want and try to record all you want to record,” Hollis says in the video.

“I’m protecting myself. Y’all come up to me... I’m reacting to having to cut my ... dog’s head off,” Goodwin shouted.

“We asked you to remove the dog’s head,” Hollis said. “And you’re refusing, right?”

“I ain’t got a ... knife to cut” the head off, Goodwin said.

In a video taken after the decapitation, Hollis and the other officer can be heard giving instructions to Goodwin’s girlfriend. Big Boy’s head was placed in a white plastic bag.

“She gonna place that into the bag and they got to freeze it,” Hollis said in the video. “That can be tested for rabies, OK?”

The other officer gave the woman a phone number and told her to “meet them at the health department in Roberta with the head. Give her a call in 15-20 minutes.”

“Tonight?” she asked.

“Yes. It has to be done tonight,” the officer said. “They have to put it in the refrigerator overnight.”

And it turns out that proper procedures weren't followed.

http://www.macon.com/news/local/crime/article188234274.html

And it turns out that proper procedures weren't followed.

I'm guessing forcing a pet owner to cut his dog's head off is indeed not proper procedure, even in the South.

And since when is refusing to cut your own dog's head off "disorderly conduct"? Or was attempting to capture the exchange on video the "disorderly" part?

Last edited:
The other officer gave the woman a phone number and told her to “meet them at the health department in Roberta with the head. Give her a call in 15-20 minutes.”

Kill her dog then demand head from her?

That's some Harvey Weinsein level shit right there.

Not only is this story crazy just from a 'whoa this is really fucked up to make someone do to a 4 legged family member' standpoint, but WTF... If there was any suspicion of the dog being rabid, how was this a good idea?

Way to potentially expose the owner to rabies along with contaminating the scene of the incident.

Totally justified lawsuit coming in 3...2...

That is absolutely NOT the recommended way to handle a suspected rabid animal. Heads should roll! :D

I figure he'll sue the city and win and then his neighbor will in turn sue him for the dog bite.

I've popped a lot of brain samples to go off to the health Dept for rabies testing.

Yikes... Yikes... Yikes... This is wrong. So fucking wrong. Not to mention messy and traumatic for the owners.

Wtf?

http://www.ajc.com/news/local/owner...forced-decapitate-dog/AOQayUfgO4ztFiKbj4F6SL/
[....]
A Crawford County couple on Thursday filed a lawsuit for damages sustained when they say officials forced them to decapitate their dog and take the head to the health department.

Joe Goodwin and Tosha Dacon are suing the county, Sheriff Lewis Walker and deputies James Hollis and Wesley Andrew Neesmith for $75,000 in connection with the Dec. 1, according to the lawsuit.

In addition to the “great physical and mental pain and suffering,” which has required counseling, Goodwin lost his job as a result of the actions, the lawsuit states.
[....]
Goodwin regrets following the orders, but did as he was told because he was afraid of being shot or taken to jail. He also didn’t think he could afford having a professional remove Big Boy’s head for a fee, The AJC previously reported.
[....]

Wow, lost his job AND needs counseling! I wonder how he came up with the $75,000 in damages?

Lost wages: $34.40 (he was a nocturnal copper recycler)
Counseling fees: .60

lucy-counselor-advice-booth1.jpg

New Double Wide Trailer (In Big Boy's memory of course): $74,965

Back