• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Satanica

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-38735358
Lawrence Ripple robbed a Kansas City bank, last September, and then waited in the lobby until police came.

He told investigators he would rather go to jail than live at home, and now faces up to 20 years.

His wife accompanied him to court, but has not commented, reported the Kansas City Star.

Mr Ripple handed the bank clerk a note, demanding cash and warning he had a gun, according to court documents.
[....]
In the lobby, he stopped, took a seat and told the guard he was the "guy he was looking for".

Mr Ripple had also picked a bank with a police station on the same block.

A police statement said that Mr Ripple had an argument with his wife earlier in the day.
_93790742_lawrence-ripple.jpg

I wonder if he's come to regret it. Would LOVE to hear his wife's side of things.

This man could be a national treasure without even knowing it.
He took firm decisive action to get distance between himself and a woman who was upsetting him.
Instead of domestic violence, he manages to get himself looking at 20 years of housing niice and save.

It reminds me of a sentiment from a film....

Brooks was here.

Sometimes an unsavoury choice is the best choice.

Instead of domestic violence, he manages to get himself looking at 20 years of housing niice and save.

He could've probably killed her and got less time than that.
[doublepost=1497458818,1485353689][/doublepost]http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/06/1...cape-wife-gets-home-confinement-sentence.html
A Kansas man who robbed a bank last September and told police that he was hoping to get caught so he would get prison time to escape his wife, was sentenced Tuesday to six months of home confinement after pleading guilty, The Kansas City Star reported.
[....]

Well, he should just be thrilled about this or he considers it a fate worse than death. I wonder is he's still with his wife, although the article makes it sound like he is, and how does she feel about it.

His public defender told the court that ripple had lived a law-abiding life and was in a stable relationship with his wife. He has four step children, the report said.

Cruel and unusual punishment

His wife must be a real bitch, and not just cuz she's from Kansas

Back