• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.
CBS News senior correspondent John Miller suggests the suspect had to have practiced shooting because the shooter had a 50 percent hit ratio, twice of what a police officer might hit during a street setting.

“Here’s an individual who we see kind of lolling in court but who went into that theater, actually shooting and hitting with bullets more than 52 people of the 70 injured,â€￾ Miller said on “CBS This Morning.â€￾ “Here’s a guy who went in with what we think was about 100 rounds; that gives him a 50 percent hit ratio.â€￾

Miller later added that the alleged shooter Holmes was able to transition quickly between the three guns he was carrying.

“He was working effectively with three weapons,â€￾ Miller explained. “So the idea that transitioning from three weapons he could have a 50 percent hit rate on moving targets in a confusing environment really goes to the idea that he’s been practicing somewhere.â€￾

Holmes made his first court appearance Monday. Unshaven and appearing dazed, Holmes sat virtually motionless, his eyes drooping as the judge advised him of the severity of the case. At one point, Holmes simply closed his eyes.

He never said a word.

Prosecutors said they didn’t know if he was being medicated. His demeanor, however, angered victims’ relatives. Tom Teves, whose son, Alex, was killed in the attack, watched Holmes intently throughout the roughly 12-minute hearing, sizing up the 24-year-old former doctoral student.

“I saw the coward in court today and Alex could have wiped the floor with him without breaking a sweat,â€￾ Teves said. His son, a physical therapist, dove to protect his girlfriend during “The Dark Knight Risesâ€￾ shooting at a multiplex in nearby Aurora in the Denver suburbs.

The court appearance gave millions the chance to scrutinize Holmes’ every movement, every flutter of his heavy eyelids and form their opinions.

“It struck me that this is a person who’s been through an emotional maelstrom and therefore might be totally wiped out emotionally,â€￾ said Dr. Jeffrey Gardere, an assistant professor of behavioral medicine at Touro College of Osteopathic Medicine.

Gardere said there could be “a psychotic process going on and we see that being acted out there. Or there might be some sort of malingering going on. In other words, trying to make himself look worse than he actually is. Or maybe a combination of all of those things.â€￾

The hearing was the first confirmation that Holmes’ hair was colored. On Friday, there were reports of his hair being red and that he told arresting officers that he was “The Joker.â€￾ Batman’s nemesis in the fictional Gotham has brightly colored hair.

Authorities have declined to confirm if Holmers told officers that he was Batman’s enemy. Investigators found a Batman mask inside his apartment, a law enforcement official close to the investigation said Sunday on condition of anonymity because he was not authorized to speak to the news media.

Holmes, whom police say donned body armor and was armed with an AR-15 rifle, a shotgun and handguns during the attack, was arrested shortly afterward. His home was booby-trapped with a trip wire, explosives and unknown liquids that took a day to disarm.

Police have said Holmes began buying guns at Denver-area stores nearly two months before Friday’s shooting and that he received at least 50 packages in four months at his home and at school.

Holmes, who is being held in isolation, is refusing to cooperate, authorities said. They said it could take months to identify a motive.

http://washington.cbslocal.com/2012...ect-practice-shooting-before-batman-massacre/

Damnit Doc... I'm a comedian not a right wing left wing centrist bleeding heart talk show host!

How many demirits do I get?

Saw the father to the 6yo victim on the news tonight... clearly devastated.
He says Holmes committed a terrorist act and therefore should be treated like one.

GOOD VIDEO HERE.

AURORA, Colo. — Veronica Moser-Sullivan was the youngest person killed in the Aurora Century 16 Movie Theater shooting. She was 6-years-old.The little girl was at the movie with her mother, who was also shot. Her mother was in critical condition Monday night.
Veronica’s father, Ian Sullivan, is heartbroken.
But he says he’s holding onto his fondest memory of Veronica, a father-daughter camping trip that happened just a few weeks ago.
“That was the lat time…the last time I got to see her. The last time I was able to hold her and tell each other that we loved each other,” Sullivan says.
[...]

Christian Bale visits children in hospital and memorial.
33bfiio.jpg

Christian Bale Visits Colorado Shooting Victims

AURORA, Colo. (AP/CB4)
– Batman star Christian Bale visited survivors of the Colorado theater shooting Tuesday and stopped by a community memorial to victims of the attack that killed 12 people and injured 58.
Bale visited with little advance warning and also stopped by a community memorial to victims near the movie theater that was showing “The Dark Knight Rises” when the gunfire erupted.
[...]
Bale first visited the Medical Center of Aurora. A large group of people could be seen outside the hospital’s entrance.Janie Bowman-Hayes, assistant vice president of surgical services at sister hospital Swedish Medical Center, said she and co-workers were attending a luncheon at The Medical Center of Aurora to thank staff who tended to victims. “When we got there, then we found out he was there,” she said.

Bale, humble and dressed casually in a black t-shirt and jeans, thanked the staff, shook hands and agreed to have his photo taken with employees, Bowman-Hayes said.“He just said he wanted to come to thank all of us because he has been thinking about this. He knows the whole world has been thinking about this,” she said. “He took it upon himself to come and thank us.”
[...]
After visiting The Medical Center of Aurora, Bale stopped by a community memorial to the victims near the movie theater. He walked among the 12 crosses erected for each of the slain victims, and many people there didn’t realize who he was or chose to leave him alone.
. . . .
It’s also reported that Bale visited a fire station to meet some of the first responders.
A Warner Bros. spokeswoman told The Denver Post that Bale was representing himself, not the movie studio.
[...]

CBS News senior correspondent John Miller suggests the suspect had to have practiced shooting because the shooter had a 50 percent hit ratio, twice of what a police officer might hit during a street setting.

“Here’s an individual who we see kind of lolling in court but who went into that theater, actually shooting and hitting with bullets more than 52 people of the 70 injured,â€￾ Miller said on “CBS This Morning.â€￾ “Here’s a guy who went in with what we think was about 100 rounds; that gives him a 50 percent hit ratio.â€￾

A police officer on the street 1) generally doesn't want to hurt anyone just stop them from whatever, 2) is generally not shooting at sitting targets, 3) retains some sanity and humanity.

A five year old could hit a large percentage of sitting targets less than 5 feet in front of their face... that guy is an idiot.

A police officer on the street 1) generally doesn't want to hurt anyone just stop them from whatever, 2) is generally not shooting at sitting targets, 3) retains some sanity and humanity.

A five year old could hit a large percentage of sitting targets less than 5 feet in front of their face... that guy is an idiot.

Not to mention that seated people in a packed movie theatre can hardly be considered a "street setting" with open areas, moving targets. It's like a can of sardines ... packed, seated, unmoving.

Although 12 deceased victims is 12 too many, given the setting it could have been so much worse and I'm thankful that it wasn't.

Going to google whether Colorado has the death penalty. I'd fry this guy myself.

Those who commit mass murders are often angry and isolated, but usually aren't mentally ill, violence experts said Friday after a shooting during the midnight screening of "The Dark Knight Rises" in an Aurora, Colo., movie theater. James Holmes was arrested as a suspect in the shooting that killed 12 people and wounded 59 others.

“It takes a certain degree of clear-headedness to plan and execute a crime like this,” said James Alan Fox, a criminal justice professor at Northeastern University in Boston, who has written several books on mass murder and school violence.

There are exceptions – Jared Loughner, who shot and killed six people in Arizona in 2011, gravely injuring then-member of Congress Gabrielle Giffords, was diagnosed with schizophrenia. Mental health experts say people with mental illness are not any more likely than anyone else to become violent, however.

Mass murderers “often times feel that they are right and everybody else is wrong,” Fox said in a telephone interview. “They really tend to externalize blame, to see other people as responsible for their problems."

This story on NBC News is really insightful.

I think this guy thinks he's going to get away with it by pretending to be schizophrenic but there's too much planning involved AND he's been specifically studying schizophrenia so I don't buy it. He's got a chip on his shoulder for something and considering they are saying now that he was going to local prostitutes in recent months, I think it boils down to anger that "girls won't play with my wiener unless I pay them to."

Last edited:

It's not like we didn't already know most senior correspondents at the networks are complete morons, but its nice to have them open their mouths and prove it

They do but I think it's only been used once in 30+ years.
Time to clear the cobwebs and get on with it. I'm mostly on the bench with the DP but tell ya, he damn well better be glad he didn't pull that shit in Texas. 1/2 the folks would have fired back.

he looks like he could be related to Carrot Top in that mug.

Mass murderers “often times feel that they are right and everybody else is wrong,â€￾ Fox said in a telephone interview. “They really tend to externalize blame, to see other people as responsible for their problems."

Substitute "mass murderer" with almost anything -- kids, the bellicose, political wonks, alcoholics -- and it's still true. These profile characteristics are not narrow enough to make "mass murderer" equal "crazy" not to identify a mass murderer before he gets started.

James Holmes Facebook tribute pages: Should person behind largest be sterilized?

Surprising? No. Repulsive? Hell, yeah. In recent days, we've seen the rise of numerous Facebook pages paying de facto tribute to James Holmes, the alleged Aurora theater massacre shooter.

Most of these efforts are being ignored, or close to it -- but one has collected hundreds of "likes" at this writing, as well as becoming a repository for memes that make light of slaughter.

A cursory Facebook search this morning turned up somewhere in the range of thirty pages minimum devoted to Holmes. Some of them are negative, like one titled "I Would Give Up Batman For James Holmes To Get The Death Penalty," but the majority appear to be focused on shock value, as witnessed by descriptions of Holmes as a "monarch," an "entertainer" and a "comedian" -- this last designation being among the most popular.

Many of these pages have attracted likes in the single digits, with a few in the forty or fifty range. However, the largest one I've found -- it was shared over the weekend by a clearly disgusted fan of the Westword Facebook page -- has 417 likes.

Most of the posts have been written in what the page's creator seems to believe is Holmes's authorial voice. Here's the latest:

I want you guys to understand this. Whatever you have to say to me, I don't care. Whenever you report me. This page isn't affected. (I've been reported over like a billion times and nothing has happened). And if you are going to try and report me, stop wasting your time by telling me and others. I don't give a shit. Also, I don't believe in karma, and I don't believe in hell. Please keep this in mind when you post. Unless its something smart or funny, Please know; I'm just going to laugh at you and all you're doing is wasting your time. Thanks.

Also on view are a number of photos and memes attempting to extract the blackest of black humor from this horrific situation. Some examples:
[...]
http://blogs.westword.com/latestword/2012/07/james_holmes_facebook_tribute_pages.php

Aurora theater shooting: Five twisted theories about the attack

In the days since the Aurora theater shootings, the blogosphere has erupted with theories intended to explain the inexplicable -- why James Holmes allegedly opened fire at a midnight screening of The Dark Knight Rises.

Predictably, these analyses range from the somewhat plausible to the incredibly bizarre and frequently offensive. Here are five examples.
With all the speculation about whether James Holmes was heavily medicated during his first court appearance, expect to hear plenty of discussion about the subject of what pills he may have been taking -- with "Aurora, Colorado Massacre's Main Suspect James Holmes -- SSRIs?" on the Truth Is Contagious website offering one of the more extreme examples.

"The Pavlovian mass media-manufactured reaction to...Colorado bloodbath is 'Ban all guns!' However, the question in my mind is, was James Holmes on an SSRI?" the piece begins. "If so, it fits a pattern in the Prozac Nation.

"The Obamanation are in full force against the despicable diabolical evils of medical marijuana dispensers... but won't touch the walls around the pharmaceutical cartel even though most mass shootings of recent times have involved the killers on SSRIs, killers such as Virginia Tech monster, Cho Seung Hui."

According to the anonymous author, "Israelis kill Palestinians routinely, but they don't usually kill each other in US-style massacres, even though ordinary Israelis are heavily armed. Many Swiss households come equipped with assault rifles and semi-automatic rifles, yet US-style blood festivals are almost unheard of.

"Was James Holmes on Zoloft, Prozac, Paxil, Luvox or some other perfectly legal suicide and homicide-inducing drug?" the item wonders. "That is the question and if the answer is YES, how much longer will Amerika tolerate the problem-reaction-solution, War on Drugs, and then turn its attention to fighting a real war on drugs?"
[....]
MUCH MORE AT LINK
http://blogs.westword.com/latestword/2012/07/aurora_theater_shooting_theories.php

Another copycat.............

Neil Trescott, Maryland mass shooting suspect, arrested

Authorities in Prince George's and Anne Arundel counties have foiled what they believe would have been a mass shooting by a man who was about to be fired from his job, police sources tell ABC 7 News.

Continue reading
Colorado movie theater shooting photos: Horror inside Aurora movie theater

PHOTOS
Colorado movie theater shooting photos: Horror inside Aurora movie theater
Law enforcement sources tell ABC 7's Brad Bell that the suspect, Neil Trescott, was arrested in Crofton on Thursday night. According to officials, the man was facing termination from his job at Pitney Bowes, the document, mailing and shipping company.

Watch a 1 p.m. press conference on the shooting here.

The suspect made a reference to the Joker, a source said, in a similar statement allegedly made by the man suspected in last Friday's Aurora, Colo. movie theater shooting.

Investigators say a search of Trescott's home turned up more than 20 guns, including assault rifles and handguns, and thousands of rounds of ammunition.

DOCUMENT: Read the search warrant that led to Trescott's arrest.

Law enforcement sources say the suspect allegedly called a former co-worker and threatened that he wanted to shoot his former boss. He allegedly made threats twice.

Another law enforcement source says the suspect was prepared to act on his threat. Pitney Bowes' Maryland offices are located in Lanham.

A law enforcement source told ABC 7 that they believe the foiled shooting "could have been another Aurora," making reference to the mass shooting that happened last Friday in suburban Denver.

On July 20, a man shot more than 70 people inside an Aurora, Colo. movie theater during a midnight screening of The Dark Knight Rises. The accused shooter, James Holmes, will be formally charged in connection with the shooting next week.

This is a breaking story. Check back for updates.

http://www.wjla.com/articles/2012/0...ct-arrested-in-anne-arundel-county-78231.html

Speaking of crazy theories. I know somebody who believes this shooting was set up by our government. All in a ploy to take our weapons away. So that way when the government comes to attack us we are unarmed.

:shot:

CRAZY.jpg

Last edited:
Mr. Cubby says they can have his ammo one bullet at a time.

Needless to say he dont' believe in Gun Control, Gun Safety and Personal Control, why yes, yes we do, but not GUN CONTROL.

I think if we can solve the problem of PERSONAL CONTROL, that might solve the Gun Control problem.

Better make that the super heavy duty reynold's wrap cause the shit is getting thick and deep up in there!

I did immediately wonder why no one pointed out Joker's hair is green. Figured they just didn't know The Bat.

Especially when that person is obvious aping insane facial expressions. Part of his plan to get away with it... because he thinks he's smarter than everyone else.

Back