• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Morbid

Rooster Illusion
Staff member
PALISADE, MN
– Police have charged a man after they say he killed his crying newborn by throwing her across his kitchen.

Police were called to the home of 33-year-old John Peterson after the mother of the 5-week-old girl called to report the girl was having trouble breathing.

Peterson said that the girl was being fussy earlier then stopped breathing. Paramedics performed CPR on the child and get a pulse before taking her to the hospital.

After examine the girl, hospital staff would tell police the girl was suffering from a severe head injury, and suspected abuse.

When police interviewed Peterson, he admitted he’d lied and that he had accidentally dropped the girl in the sink and she’d hit her head on the sink’s divider.

The girl was taken off life support a few days later and pronounced dead. After doctors concluded the girl’s head injury couldn’t have come from a standard fall, police interviewed Peterson again.

When presented with evidence that he was lying, Peterson finally told the truth about what happened. He said that he lost his temper when the newborn would not stop crying, and he threw her 12 feet into the air, from the living room to the kitchen.

Peterson said the infant landed on her back and skidded across the floor before hitting her head on the bottom of the cupboards.

Police subsequently arrested Peterson, charging him with second-degree murder. He is currently being held in the Aitkin County Jail on $1 million bail. He’s looking at a possible 40 years in prison if convicted.

This article was written by Morbid for The Dreamin Demon - the Internet's self-appointed buzzkill.

Continue reading...

Poor baby. Damn some people just should not breed. How can these monsters just be walking around, meeting people and making babies? They are able to just blend in with the rest of us and no one suspects a thing. All monsters are human, so fucking true.

He essentially threw the baby like a football.

How could anyone possibly think this is a way to get the baby to stop crying?!

Oh wait.... I guess it worked.

40 years isn't nearly enough time, not by a long shot. Unless he's thrown across the yard every single day of that 40 years.

How anyone could get that mad at an infant for doing what infants do...really ticks me off. Think about it before you decide to get a woman pregnant. People need to really think about what it takes to care for a baby. Plan on the unexpected...babies cry...sometimes just to cry...plan on going with little to no sleep...trips to the dr and for baby supplies at the most inconvenient times. Some folks just don't get it. The image in my mind of this poor baby girl hitting the floor and sliding and slamming with such force into the cabinets just kills me. RIP baby girl.

I am sorry to say this was probably a blessing for this poor child. This scum would have abused and neglected her and god only knows what else. i wonder if women are that desperate to have a penis is their life that they would settle for something like that. Sadly he will get a plea deal because he will say he did not mean to or know that throwing her would cause her death. When he gets out either the mother will take him back or another desperate woman will take him in.

Can't stop picturing that poor baby flailing in the air then hitting the floor like rag doll. when my babies were newborns I was terrified I'd drop one of them. They were so little and delicate, always imagined they'd go splat like a water balloon. Intentionally throwing a new born? horrible

He looks like a retarded gorilla.
Such a level of cowardice to abuse a baby, child or woman.
He needs suffering everyday from now on.
Bread and water and beatings

Think about it before you decide to get a woman pregnant.
He didn't decide, he was careless. They were careless. He was probably sick with apprehension at the thought of having a child, then that pewling baby drove him crazy. Within a few weeks! He lost his breeding ticket. Send him to prison, give him a vasectomy, because he may be able to breed when he is eventually released.

A 34-year-old Palisade man was sentenced to 17½ years in prison for killing his infant daughter last November by throwing her 12 feet into the air and across a kitchen.

John Douglas Peterson was convicted Sept. 27 in Aitkin County District Court of second-degree murder without intent in the death of the 5-week-old girl. A separate charge of second-degree felony murder was dismissed.

Peterson was sentenced to serve his time at the Minnesota Correctional Facility in St. Cloud. He was given credit for 36 days already served.

According to the criminal complaint, authorities were notified by the girl's mother about 1 p.m. Nov. 18, 2016, that the girl was taking deep breaths and was barely breathing. Peterson told a first responder the girl had been fussy, then began having breathing problems and stopped breathing completely. CPR was performed on the girl prior to the ambulance arriving at the house.

The girl was transferred from Riverwood Healthcare Center to Children's Hospitals and Clinics of Minnesota in Minneapolis, where staff notified Aitkin County authorities on Nov. 19, 2016, that the girl had likely been the victim of physical abuse due to three separate bruises. She died on Nov. 21, 2016, as a result of "significant head injuries," the complaint stated.

Peterson initially denied to Children's staff that the baby fell. He later told Children's staff he wasn't truthful and he dropped her in the sink, where she hit the front of her head on the sink's divider and became unresponsive. A doctor from Midwest Children's Resource Center, a department at Children's specializing in child abuse, examined the girl and determined her injuries couldn't have been caused by the fall Peterson described.

In an interview with authorities, Peterson said he lost his grip while trying to pick the girl up because she was fussy and flailing. He said the girl fell, hitting her head on the middle of the sink before ricocheting and hitting her head on the bottom of the sink. He said she was gasping for air when he picked her up.

However, when authorities pointed out his explanation didn't match the girl's injuries, Peterson said the girl also fell from the sink to the floor and "everything happened so fast and he was trying to prevent her from hitting the floor and because he was trying (to) catch her, it was like he pushed and tried to grab her at the same time and she hit the ground and it was ugly," the complaint stated.

http://www.wday.com/news/4337838-minnesota-man-sentenced-killing-5-week-old-daughter

flipn freak, am agreeing woth TSG I hope they drop kick him across the excercise yard every day to watch him bounce

Where was mom during all this?
She could have been any where.
This wasn't a dick of the month, this was the baby's father. One should be able to leave they baby with the other parent and expect to return to a live and uninjured baby.
No ridicule to the mom on this one.

She could have been any where.
This wasn't a dick of the month, this was the baby's father. One should be able to leave they baby with the other parent and expect to return to a live and uninjured baby.
No ridicule to the mom on this one.
Wasn't attacking mom- just wondering if she was home or had left dad with baby. Yes you should be able to leave dad with his own kid which makes this even more horrifying.

Back