• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Satanica

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...der-texas-el-paso-juarez-mexico-a7375606.html
[....]
Samuel Velasco Gurrola faces life in prison after he executed the grisly plot with the help of his two siblings in the US town of El Paso in Texas.

Mr Velasco, 41, wanted to kill his wife Ruth Sagredo so she couldn’t testify against him in a sexual assault case, according to CBS News.

He hired a hitman in 2008 to murder Ms Sagredo’s father in Juarez, the city in Mexicowhich shares a border with El Paso, in an attempt to lure her to the funeral.

But that didn’t work and a month later Mr Velasco’s sister-in-law was also found dead in the Mexican city. Ms Sagredo was killed at her sister’s funeral procession.

The jury took just three hours to convict Mr Velasco of seven separate accounts in what prosecutors called an “evil plot”.
[....]
CvAIsnPXEAA6x49.jpg

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/man-murder...=rss&utm_content=/rss/yahoous/news&yptr=yahoo

Samuel Velasco Gurrola, 41, conspired to kill his wife Ruth Sagredo and her family with the help of his two siblings in the US town of El Paso in Texas.

He initiated his murderous plan in 2008, when he hired a hitman to murder his father-in-law Francisco Maria Sagredo Villareal, in Ciudad Juarez.

He reportedly intended to kill his wife as she crossed the border to pay her last respects to her father, however, he was unable to carry out the plan.

A month later, Gurrola's sister-in-law was found dead in the Mexican city. As Ruth Sagredo joined her sister's funeral procession, Gurrola murdered her.

According to CBS News he wanted to kill his wife to prevent her from testifying against him in a sexual assault case in which she was a witness. The case was dismissed after Sagredo was killed.

Vice News reports that Gurrola, his brother Emmanuel and sister Dalia were allegedly at the head of a drug trafficking gang dubbed the "Velasco Criminal Enterprise".

It is alleged that the siblings planned and executed a wave of "extortion and kidnapping" in the US and Mexico from 2009 to 2013.

Gurrola now faces life in prison after the jury took just three hours to convict him on seven separate counts.

His lawyer told CBS News he would appeal the decision. "They deliberated for a long time but they did reach a decision based more on the emotional aspect, tugging on the heartstrings, than looking at necessarily some of the contradictory facts."

He is set to be sentenced in January.

According to CBS News he wanted to kill his wife to prevent her from testifying against him in a sexual assault case in which she was a witness. The case was dismissed after Sagredo was killed.

See, his plan worked like a charm!

Except for the whole life in prison for murder thing, oops! Well at least the sex assault charge was dropped!
laugh1.gif

There used to be a kind of riddle going around, and it was said that if you guessed it, it proved you were a sociopath. It went:

A young girl is at her mother's funeral. She meets a young man she had never seen before, but who's there as a part of family. She instantly falls in love with him. A few days after, she kills her sister. Why? ... :lock:

Now this is the part where you wager a guess as to why he'd kill her sister. And even if you do, I doubt it means anything except you're clever. Answer is below.

********************************************************************************************************
She only wanted to see the young man again, assuming he would show up at her own sister's funeral. ;)

Anyway (yeah, see I thought that was relevant as hell, then I typed it all out and turns out it's not... But that was a lot of typing, so....)
(You're welcome!) :woot::woot:

Anyway, it's something I've come to expect from Those With Nothing to Lose: Doing anything (including burning down the house of your victim and her grandparents so she won't be able to tell the court you're a diddler, remember that one? Robert Seman? I'll put a link if I can.) :mad:

http://www.wfmj.com/story/29296951/...-for-murders-of-corinne-gump-and-grandparents

Doing anything to keep a witness from showing up to court. Never sparing a thought for how they're gonna look when all the witnesses against them show up dead. Their clever plan, they didn't think it through quite well enough! :facepalm:

And every time, of course, they do much more time for the murder than they'd have done had they just left it the hell alone. One of society's well-oiled machines: Dumbassery -- taking out the witless one moron at a time! :confused:

There used to be a kind of riddle going around, and it was said that if you guessed it, it proved you were a sociopath. It went:

A young girl is at her mother's funeral. She meets a young man she had never seen before, but who's there as a part of family. She instantly falls in love with him. A few days after, she kills her sister. Why? ... :lock:

Now this is the part where you wager a guess as to why he'd kill her sister. And even if you do, I doubt it means anything except you're clever. Answer is below.

********************************************************************************************************
She only wanted to see the young man again, assuming he would show up at her own sister's funeral. ;)

Anyway (yeah, see I thought that was relevant as hell, then I typed it all out and turns out it's not... But that was a lot of typing, so....)
(You're welcome!) :woot::woot:

Anyway, it's something I've come to expect from Those With Nothing to Lose: Doing anything (including burning down the house of your victim and her grandparents so she won't be able to tell the court you're a diddler, remember that one? Robert Seman? I'll put a link if I can.) :mad:

http://www.wfmj.com/story/29296951/...-for-murders-of-corinne-gump-and-grandparents

Doing anything to keep a witness from showing up to court. Never sparing a thought for how they're gonna look when all the witnesses against them show up dead. Their clever plan, they didn't think it through quite well enough! :facepalm:

And every time, of course, they do much more time for the murder than they'd have done had they just left it the hell alone. One of society's well-oiled machines: Dumbassery -- taking out the witless one moron at a time! :confused:
My guess was going to be that the young man was her own nephew!
Geez, what the hell does that make me:eek:???

(I'll just call it "D'D Effect Syndrome":p)

Sentenced to Life
March 23, 2017

EL PASO, Texas (KFOX14 / CBS4) — A man found guilty of killing his brother’s wife, her father and her sister in Ciudad Juarez was sentenced to life in federal prison on Thursday.
Emmanuel Velasco Gurrola, 30, pleaded guilty to three counts of conspiracy to kill in a foreign country and one count of conspiracy to violate the Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations Act.
Velasco Gurrola’s brother, Samuel, was married to Ruth Sagredo Escobedo, and in 2008, Samuel was under indictment in El Paso County for aggravated sexual assault of a child and indecency with a child, authorities said.
From September 2008 to November 2008, the court found, Velasco Gurrola initiated a plot with his brother to kill Sagredo Escobedo while she was in Mexico, to keep her from testifying in the sexual assault case.
On Oct. 3, 2008, Sagredo Escobedo’s father was killed at his home in Juarez and a month later, Sagredo Escobedo’s sister was killed in Juarez, authorities said.
On Nov. 22, 2008, while Sagredo Escobedo and her friend Robert Martinez were traveling to the funeral, the two were ambushed and murdered, authorities said.
As part of his sentencing, a judge ordered Velasco Gurrola to pay more than $1 million in restitution to the families of his victims and a money judgement for $12,460,000. He was also ordered to surrender to the government several real estate properties he owned in El Paso and Midland counties and a condominium located on the Las Vegas Strip.
Court records show Velasco Gurrola was the leader of a criminal organization that ran a cross-border car theft ring. The group was also involved in importing and distributing tons of marijuana, federal officials said.
The Velasco Criminal Enterprise operates across the United States in such places as Las Vegas, New Mexico, North Carolina, South Carolina, California and Texas. It also operates in Mexico and has base operations in El Paso, according to authorities.
The court records showed that the VCE is responsible for international and multistate distribution of marijuana, cocaine and methamphetamine, and transports narcotics from Mexico into El Paso and also through Deming and Lordsburg, New Mexico. The enterprise distributed drugs to cities throughout the U.S. and laundered drug money nationally and internationally through banks and other financial institutions.
The VCE is reportedly responsible for multiple kidnappings that were planned in El Paso and carried out in Juarez from 2008 through 2013, according to court records.
Samuel Velasco Gurrola was found guilty in October 2016 of three counts of conspiracy to commit murder in a foreign country and four counts of conspiracy to cause foreign travel for murder for hire.
He is set to be sentenced on Friday.
Velasco Gurrola’s sister, Dalia Valencia, 44, pleaded guilty to charges related to drug trafficking and money laundering. She is set to be sentenced on April 19.
Velasco Gurrola’s other sister, Monica Velasco, is a fugitive in this case. She faces charges related to money laundering and drug trafficking. Anyone with information on her whereabouts is asked to contact the U.S. Marshals Service in El Paso at 915-534-6779

Which life in prison...

The one where you leave in a pine box or the one where you become a god fearing born again man and get parole in 18 years?
It's Federal prison, so it's probably going to be the pine box.
[doublepost=1490493974,1490388017][/doublepost]http://www.elpasoproud.com/news/vel...ced-to-life-in-murder-for-hire-plot/680329404

The brother Samuel Velasco Gurrola has also been sentence to life in Federal prison.
EL PASO, Texas (KTSM) - A pair of brothers have each been sentenced to life in federal prison for their role in in a murder-for-hire plot.

Emmanuel Velasco Gurrola and Samuel Velasco Gurrola were both sentenced this week for multiple counts of conspiracy to commit murder in a foreign country and four counts of conspiracy to cause foreign travel for murder for hire.

Corinne Gump's thread here is one that will stick with me forever. One of the worst things I have ever read. :(

http://www.elpasotimes.com/story/ne...tenced-juarez-murder-for-hire-case/100664378/
An El Paso woman was sentenced to 15 years in federal prison Wednesday after being convicted of helping her brothers run a drug-trafficking group involved in the killing of four people in Juárez in 2008, officials said.

Dalia Valencia, 44, and her brothers, Emmanuel “Richie” Velasco Gurrola and Samuel Velasco Gurrola, were also ordered to together pay a fine of more than $12.4 million, according to court documents.

The U.S. Attorney's Office said that Valencia and her brothers ran a border crime group involved in marijuana smuggling, auto thefts and kidnappings for ransom in Juárez that were planned out in El Paso.
[...]

Back