• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Satanica

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
http://time.com/4506035/twin-brother-confesses-murder-illinois/
[....]
Karl Smith, 38, came clean in a courtroom about killing a man in 2003—a crime that police had pinned on his brother, Kevin Dugar, for 13 years, the ChicagoTribune reports.

“I’m here to confess to a crime I committed that he was wrongly accused of,” Smith said as his brother looked on, wiping tears from his eyes.

The two brothers had often impersonated each other since they were young, and they were pretending to be each other in 2003 when Smith said he shot into a group of three people, killing one. “We was acting as one,” Smith testified, according to the Tribune. “Where I was, he was, acting like each other. He pretended to be me, and I pretended to be him.”

The admission prompted immediate doubt from prosecutors, who say Smith is already serving a 99-year prison sentence for a separate crime in 2008 in which a 6-year-old boy was shot in the head during a home invasion and armed robbery, according to the Tribune. Prosecutors say Smith came forward only after an appeals court upheld his conviction in that incident.

“He’s got nothing to lose,” Assistant State’s Attorney Carol Rogala said, according to the newspaper.

Dugar was convicted of first-degree murder in 2005 and was sentenced to 54 years in prison.
twin_brothers_homicide.jpg

Kevin / Karl

Last edited:
Not for nothing but....other than the fact that they are black with facial hair they really don't look all that alike. They clearly aren't identical so if there is any DNA evidence from a weapon recovered that might be one way to find the truth.
Other than that I don't know why he would confess now if he wasn't the one who did it. Its not like twins haven't let their siblings take the fall for their crimes before.

Not for nothing but....other than the fact that they are black with facial hair they really don't look all that alike. They clearly aren't identical so if there is any DNA evidence from a weapon recovered that might be one way to find the truth.
Other than that I don't know why he would confess now if he wasn't the one who did it. Its not like twins haven't let their siblings take the fall for their crimes before.
Except
https://www.google.com/search?q=do+...ericamovil-us&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8
Identical -- or monozygotic -- twinsform when a single fertilized egg splits in two after conception. Because they form from a single zygote, the two individuals will have the same genetic makeup. Their DNA is virtually indistinguishable. However,fingerprints are not an entirely genetic characteristic.Oct 17, 2015
There was another case where the evil twin was trying to frame his identical twin.

I'm calling bullshit on this confession.
He has nothing to lose and a lot to gain if he gets his brother out.

Except
https://www.google.com/search?q=do+...ericamovil-us&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8

There was another case where the evil twin was trying to frame his identical twin.

I'm calling bullshit on this confession.
He has nothing to lose and a lot to gain if he gets his brother out.
He could spend a good portion of his life behind bars that's a lot to lost.
I remember the evil twin case which is why I mentioned siblings letting their other half rot. It does happen.
Either way I ain't shedding not one tear for these dick stains coz one of them was riding shotgun while the other one shot a six year old kid. Not exactly an upstanding duo.

He could spend a good portion of his life behind bars that's a lot to lost.
I remember the evil twin case which is why I mentioned siblings letting their other half rot. It does happen.
Either way I ain't shedding not one tear for these dick stains coz one of them was riding shotgun while the other one shot a six year old kid. Not exactly an upstanding duo.
What I meant by nothing to lose, the one that is confessing is already sentenced to 99 years for another crime. So what he has to gain is getting his brother released. Then his brother can make his prison stay easier by providing him with money on his books. If you have money on your books, you have anything you wsnt.
You can trade snacks for drugs or protection or what ever.

I think they would look more alike if they posed in the same way....i see a strong resemblance. I look totally different depending on pose and lighting....

This took a while:

Chicago man who spent nearly 20 years in prison for murder released after twin brother confesses to crime​

A convicted felon who spent nearly 20 years in prison for murder was released after his identical twin brother turned himself in for the crime.

Kevin Dugar was released from Chicago's Cook County jail on Wednesday after a motion for bond was granted. In 2003, Dugar was convicted for a gang-related murder in Chicago. His twin brother, Karl Smith, confessed to being the culprit 10 years later in a letter he wrote to Dugar.

"I have to get it off my chest before it kills me," Smith wrote in a 2013 letter to his imprisoned brother, as he confessed to the crime. "So I’ll just come clean and pray you can forgive me."

Although a judge denied a retrial for Dugar in 2018, questioning the credibility of the confession, the decision was later reversed by the Court of Appeal. Dugar's attorney, Ron Safer, argued that a jury would determine a different outcome, given the new evidence to the case.

A pair of identical twins I grew up with tried to blame each other in a paternity suit and it did gum up the legal works for a while with no definitive way to pin it on one or the other. A wise family court judge got them to each admit they'd had sex with the girl at some point so she imposed a child support settlement on both of them. Told em idc how you work it out between each other but you are gonna cough up $700 a month between you and pay for your kid. Their appeal was ultimately denied, but they did score some minor settlement adjustments over the years, claiming various financial hardships. The little girl came out great, despite the loser twins. She graduated from WVU a couple years ago with a degree in mechanical engineering.

Back