• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Morbid

Rooster Illusion
Staff member
MORELIA, MEXICO – The man captured on camera drowning his 3-year-old stepdaughter by repeatedly throwing her into a hotel swimming pool has been jailed for 100 years.

For those of you who missed the original story last year, Jose David N. was staying with a woman and her daughter at a popular hotel last August when he took the girl to the pool after her mother fell asleep.

As you can see for yourself in the video below, Jose repeatedly throws the girl in the pool even though he knows she cannot swim. Sometimes he just drops her in the water, while other times he haphazardly slings her out into the middle of the pool.

Each time he does this, he nonchalantly walks around the edge of the pool or swims around her as she frantically tries to keep her head above water. With each toss, her attempts at swimming become weaker and weaker.

The video also shows Jose holding the girl under water for significant periods of time while other people in the pool nearby do nothing. The girl stopped breathing a short time later and was taken to the hospital where she was pronounced dead.

An autopsy would reveal the girl had died from secondary drowning, or “dry drowning.” This type of drowning can occur minutes or hours after someone has exited the water if they breathed water into their lungs.

After the video footage below was discovered, Jose was arrested and charged with aggravated murder. His defense argued that the girl died from other means after leaving the pool, but judges Juan Salvador Alonso Mejia, Ana Lilia Garcia Cardona and Noe Reyes Millan rejected the defense and found Jose guilty of aggravated murder.

Jose was then sentenced to 100 years in prison with no possibility of parole.

This article was written by Morbid for The Dreamin Demon - the Internet's self-appointed buzzkill.

Continue reading...

I wondered about why other people did nothing so I watched the video. There was only one time when other people were in the pool and they seemed to be ignoring the man and girl. Another time he seems to be saying something to someone off camera. Rest of the time he appears to be alone with the girl, or at least not interacting with anyone off camera. I noted the times on the security camera.
There were TEN separate episodes of him throwing her in or pushing her under:
9:04
9:06
9:17
9:42
9:44
10:07
10:23
12:03
12:12
12:18
Where was mom during this three hour period?

Nice to know he won't be getting out in 25yrs. This sentence makes me happy becoz fuck this guy. He doesn't deserve anything but misery for the next forever and a half.

Mom wasn't far away. She was supposedly taking a nap, (or more likely passed out) in the motel room while the scum of the earth and homicidal beast she was with got busy in the pool drowning her daughter.
Thanks. I assumed mom was passed out or hungover sick and couldn't take care of her child, so stepdad took it out on the toddler with "swimming lessons".

I remember this. I originally commented something to the effect that the way my then 3 year old daughter clung to me in pools made my heart break for this child.
I recently thought of this girl again very recently, as my now four year old daughter held onto me for dear life, while also trying to enjoy the pool like her younger brother and cousins all do. We have no idea why she fears water so much, but she has been that way since she was an infant. Even at months old she would scream her face off in baths and fall asleep, totally comfortable, in showers.
I'm glad this monster was given a nice long sentence. But my heart still breaks for the horror that little girl went through before finally giving up.

This was nothing shy of torture pure and simple.
Waterboard him for the rest of his disgusting life.

I remember this. I originally commented something to the effect that the way my then 3 year old daughter clung to me in pools made my heart break for this child.
I recently thought of this girl again very recently, as my now four year old daughter held onto me for dear life, while also trying to enjoy the pool like her younger brother and cousins all do. We have no idea why she fears water so much, but she has been that way since she was an infant. Even at months old she would scream her face off in baths and fall asleep, totally comfortable, in showers.
I'm glad this monster was given a nice long sentence. But my heart still breaks for the horror that little girl went through before finally giving up.

For your little, it may be a sensory thing. Some children/adult people are just uber sensitive to light, sounds, temps, textures of food or clothing, water....

If it becomes something that really interferes with her everyday life, there are therapists who can help with "desensitizing" (prob not the right word) and also learning coping skills for her fear of the water.

That said, she might just outgrow it! She is lucky to have loving, protective arms that she can hold onto. <3

I can't bring myself to watch the video. That still of the vid is upsetting enough.

I don't think I could watch him do that ONE time to the little girl, without saying something. I would probably call the police.

For your little, it may be a sensory thing. Some children/adult people are just uber sensitive to light, sounds, temps, textures of food or clothing, water....

If it becomes something that really interferes with her everyday life, there are therapists who can help with "desensitizing" (prob not the right word) and also learning coping skills for her fear of the water.

That said, she might just outgrow it! She is lucky to have loving, protective arms that she can hold onto. <3

I'm pretty sure it is not SPD related. We're veeerryyy familiar with that. It is usually accompanied by other quirks, but other than the water thing she's pretty average.
Interestingly enough, I just read multiple articles stating that your parents/grandparents trauma can be passed down through DNA. Guess who almost drowned as a child? Meeee.

Back