• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Dakota

FORUM BITCH / Beloved Cunt
Bold Member!
It was confirmed today that the body in the backyard is that of missing Stephanie Kirk.

Human remains were found Friday night in the backyard of William Clyde Gibson, a New Albany man charged this week with murdering two women.

Floyd County Prosecutor Keith Henderson said the remains were believed to be a third victim, although charges had not been filed as of 10:15 p.m.

It looked as though the remains had been there for weeks or months, Henderson said.
[...]

Gibson, a registered sex offender, had been living at the home, which was his mother’s until her death in January.
[...]

The discovery comes on the heels of an Ohio River search near the New Albany waterfront this week. Clark County Sheriff Danny Rodden said Thursday said that police were searching that area for Stephanie Marie Kirk, a 35-year-old Charlestown woman who was last seen March 25 as she left a friend’s home in New Albany to meet a man at a bar.
[...]

Gibson was charged Tuesday in the deaths of Christine Whitis, 75, of Clarksville, Ind., who was found strangled in his home last week, and Karen Hodella, 44, a hairdresser from Florida whose body was found near the river in Clarksville in January 2003.

Michelle Rucker, Hodella’s oldest daughter, said Friday that her mother had been in Indiana less than a day when she called her family in Florida and asked for money to take a bus ride home.

Hodella told her family that “a nice man was buying her drinksâ€￾ at a Southern Indiana bar, but she was worried about her safety and wanted to come home the next day. She was in Indiana visiting her boyfriend’s family, but she was fighting with him at the time.

“We never heard from her again,â€￾ Rucker said. “She was in Indiana one night and was missing the next day.â€￾

Hodella’s body was discovered several months later after washing up from the river near Emery Crossing Road, Rucker said, adding that her mother’s boyfriend returned to Florida.

She said someone who worked at the bar told the family that the man buying her mother drinks had given her a ride. Clarksville police Maj. Darrell Rayborn said police followed up on the report of Hodella leaving with a man, but no one could determine who the man was.
[...]

In Kirk’s case, police have said it is unclear whether she ever made it to the Uptown Bar in New Albany, where she was to meet a man she had met the night before. It is believed he was going to take her on a motorcycle ride, police said. The man was described as white and between 55 and 60 years old.

Police initially reported that his name may be Jeff Cohen, but they said Thursday that a person by that name may not exist.

Gibson was arrested on drunken-driving charges last week after being spotted driving Whitis’ car on Grant Line Road.

He was sentenced to seven years in prison after he pleaded guilty to robbery and sexual abuse in a 1991 attack on a woman during the day in an open area in the Galleria mall in downtown Louisville. Court records show he fondled her and stole her purse after pushing her into a phone booth, and later he said he was heavily intoxicated and on cocaine.

At the time of his arrest in 1991, Gibson had been working as a tree trimmer for several years and had been married for 13 years. He had a long history of drug and alcohol abuse and arrests for assault, wanton endangerment and driving drunk, court records show.

In a January 1992 interview with a psychologist, Gibson said that when he drinks heavily, “it’s hard to predict what I might do,â€￾ according to the records.

But a psychologist found in 1999 that he was at “low riskâ€￾ for being arrested again as a sex offender and was unlikely to reoffend. According to the assessment, Gibson was unable to have children, which he said exacerbated his use of alcohol and drugs.

The records also indicate Gibson has borderline intelligence and was emotionally immature. He was described as a well-liked, “extremely shyâ€￾ person who didn’t know how to respond when introduced to people.

He was discharged from the Army in 1979 for bad conduct and had spent a year in the military’s prison in Leavenworth, Kan.
http://www.courier-journal.com/arti...-find-human-remains-murder-suspect-s-backyard

20120428-06.jpg
3nF4F9a.jpg
t5RLc0A.jpg

Hodella / Whitis / Kirk

another Meth head with his face scabbing up to fuck lol been quite a few recently on a more serious note tho wtf

When I get drunk sometimes I try and show my boobs in public or get jiggy with my husband when he's sleeping. Haven't killed anyone (yet).

When I get drunk sometimes I try and show my boobs in public or get jiggy with my husband when he's sleeping. Haven't killed anyone (yet).

Don't look now... mama's got her boobs out... showing everybody in town
:smile2:

Well, I guess murdering women is fine as long as you have been drinking.

I generally stick to dancing on table tops with a bottle of Jack in one hand and a "herbal" cigarette in the other. One time I got so wasted I passed out on the potty. Fun fun times.
Murder on the other hand is way too messy as far as clean up goes. If I don't wanna clean puke off the bathroom floor, there's no way I'm cleaning uP a dead body.

Custody battle over murder victim's daughter
LOUISVILLE, Ky. (WDRB Fox 41) -- When Stephanie Kirk went missing more than a month ago, her 13-year-old daughter Sabrina says she knew something was wrong.

"I thought it was really unusual because she wasn't taking our calls. We couldn't get ahold of her and I thought something bad must have happened," says Sabrina Kirk, the daughter of Stephanie Kirk.

The Charlestown woman was found buried behind the New Albany home of William Clyde Gibson, who was recently charged with murder in two other cases.

Sabrina's grandfather, Tony Kirk, requested a hearing for temporary custody. He says he was worried that Sabrina's father, George Vincent Tuell, would fight it. Kirk says Tuell hasn't seen Sabrina in 9 years.

George Vincent Tuell didn't request custody, but before the hearing he did bring up allegations against the Kirk family that concerned him.

"Charges of neglect and abuse against the father and mother. That was mailed to me last year. I didn't cause none of this. I was just here to check on my daughter," says George Vincent Tuell, the father of Sabrina Kirk.

Documents from the Indiana Department of Child Services say last year Sabrina was being exposed to an unsanitary environment as she was living with her mom and grandfather, with animal feces in the Charlestown home.

The family says they took care of the problem and there were no charges, but it all led to the custody hearing being an emotional one.

"Stephanie didn't deserve what she got. She didn't. But please, could you allow him to see his daughter," Jenny Tuell said to Tony Kirk.

In the end, a judge did allow Sabrina's grandfather custody, and her father says he was able to speak with her.

"I told him I was doing okay and he left me his cell phone number so I can call him," says Sabrina Kirk.

During a time that has been tough for this family, Sabrina's grandfather says having her nearby will help.

"That's where her mother wanted her and that's where me and my wife wanted her too. Yes, I'm happy with it. I'm happy with it," says Tony Kirk.

As for Stephanie Kirk's father, Tony, he says he is hoping that there will be charges soon for the death of his daughter.
[...]
http://www.wdrb.com/story/18131097/custody-battle-over-murder-victims-daughter

Detectives use radar at home of accused killer

NEW ALBANY, IN (WDRB) -- Detectives used a ground penetrating radar to search the yard of accused serial killer William "Clyde" Gibson Monday - marking another day of investigating at this New Albany home.

A source tells WDRB News detectives found a new location in the yard of interest – an area separate from where the body of 35-year old Stephanie Kirk was discovered several days ago.

The radar device, which looks like a small push lawnmower, sends radio waves that can help determine if anything is underground or if layers of earth have recently been disturbed.

[...]
"I think we are just starting. I think they'll start digging but this is just the beginning - this is the long haul for this," said neighbor Melodie Shultz.

Shultz says police have told her very little. She's known Gibson all her life. She described him as a "nice" person who was often quiet but would help his neighbors. She said he was "mischievous" in his teenage years.

"I was really surprised when I found out what was buried in the backyard. That was very shocking. I didn't think even him would be capable of that," said Gibson.

[...]
Hodella's daughter Michelle Rucker spoke to us by phone

"It's literally worse than when I got that call that she was murdered," Rucker said. If the case goes to trial, Rucker says she wants to speak with Gibson.

"I want to talk to the man. I want to know how he killed my mother and why. I want to know. I don't know anything. I feel ten times worse than I did the last ten years."
[...]
http://www.wdrb.com/story/18169791/detectives-use-radar-at-home-of-accused-killer?hpt=ju_bn4

Sabrina's dad hasn't seen her in nine years and NOW he gives a damn? When she's alone and vulnerable?

You say that like it's a bad thing. He might honestly feel he should step up to the plate now she is alone. And he might have bowed out earlier because he knew she was well cared for by the mother. (Then again, you might be right and he didn't give a damn until the world started watching.)

I am inclined to give him the benefit of the doubt, until he proves himself despicable.....

I am inclined to give him the benefit of the doubt, until he proves himself despicable.....
According to the article posted, he didn't even ask for custody. Not sure why they bothered to call it a "custody battle". Custody was awarded to the grandfather... which says enough to me about the father's 9yr absence.

The father did attend the custody hearing to check up on a report from last year about neglect but otherwise seemed to care about her but not want to take care of her. I would think that if he truly cared, he would have been up on it when the previous situation occurred. The girl didn't even have his phone number until the hearing.

He may not be despicable but he's not much of a father either.

Custody was awarded to the grandfather... which says enough to me about the father's 9yr absence.

The father did attend the custody hearing to check up on a report from last year about neglect but otherwise seemed to care about her but not want to take care of her. I would think that if he truly cared, he would have been up on it when the previous situation occurred. The girl didn't even have his phone number until the hearing.

He may not be despicable but he's not much of a father either.

No, I agree with that last sentence, but I would actually commend him for leaving the child with the people she knows. It isn't exactly a situation that is going to crop up in the lives of many estranged fathers, and while we can all agree that has not covered himself with glory up until now, he is at least there (now) and is (finally) making himself available to the kid.

Prosecutors to seek death penalty against accused serial killer
NEW ALBANY, Ind. (WDRB) -- "...if these two cases are not candidates for the death penalty, then I don't think any case would be."

That was prosecutor Keith Henderson's comment as he announced he will seek the death penalty against William Clyde Gibson in the cases of two out of three murders he's accused of.
[...]
Henderson said he is asking for the death penalty in the cases of Whitis and Kirk.

As proceedings began, Gibson was shuffled into the courtroom. He was wearing an orange jumpsuit, wore shackles on his hands and feet, and appeared emotionless.

This reporter counted 12 uniformed law enforcement officers in the room, most of whom were with the Floyd County Sheriff's Office. Two of those officers guarded the front of the courtroom, while one stood directly behind Gibson at all times. The rest lined the back wall.

During Wednesday's proceedings, prosecutors announced their intentions to seek the death penalty. Floyd County Prosecutor Keith Henderson cited "aggravating factors" in Whitus's murder.

Some of those aggravating factors had not been released publically. Among them: a disturbing allegation about the death of Whitus.

Henderson says Whitus was mutilated -- specifically that her breast had been cut. Gibson is also accused of sexually abusing Kirk and Whitus before they were killed.

"The allegation that the state has made is that he has dismembered the body by cutting the breast of the victim. Under Indiana law, that may be considered dismemberment," Henderson said.

As far as a motive for why the mutilation took place, Henderson told reporters at a press conference that "it would only be speculating as to why. As we move forward and prepare for trial, we really take a hard look at motive. The state doesn't have to prove motive, but people want to know."

When asked whether there could be more victims discovered eventually, Henderson said, "I wouldn't rule out that possibility as we move forward."

Gibson showed no emotion during Wednesday's court appearance.
http://www.wdrb.com/story/18606525/prosecutors-to-seek-death-penalty-in-gibson-case?hpt=ju_bn4
345bf4o.jpg
Stephanie Kirks father​

Last edited:
Ex-girlfriend shares dark, disturbing details about suspected serial killer

20ppuu0.jpg
NEW ALBANY, IN (WAVE)- Deep, dark, and disturbing were the details coming from a woman who knew suspected serial killer William Clyde Gibson. He is accused of murdering three women.

Kelly Bailey has a reason for knowing Gibson, she is Gibson's former girlfriend.

"He wanted to try bank robbery, auto theft, rape and murder," Bailey said.

The gruesome allegation against William Clyde Gibson came as no surprise to Bailey. Dating Gibson in 1999 and 2000, she said she met him after getting out of rocky marriage.

"I guess maybe that's why he came into my life maybe he thought he could pull something over on me," she said.

Bailey broke up with Gibson after being frustrated with a man she said was an alcoholic, addicted to drugs and involved with crime.

"When he took the rent money and started getting high off it and I said 'I'm not going to deal with it anymore' and that's when I called it quits." she said.

She said Gibson was verbally and physically abusive to her, she recalled one of his violent spells.

"He starts hitting me, tries to knock me out," she recalled. "Hit me in the mouth bunch of times. Wouldn't even give me an answer of why he was doing this."

Bailey said she fought back many times but, she said she thinks about the women who couldn't. Thirteen years later, Gibson is charged with capital murder for allegedly killing three women over a 10-year span. Gibson is charged with murdering Stephanie Kirk, the woman found buried in his backyard in April. He has also been charged with murder in the deaths of 75-year-old Christine Whitis a family friend found dead inside Gibson's home on April 19, and 44-year-old Karen Hodella in October 2002.

"It's hard telling how many women he's actually done this to," Bailey said. "We will never know about."

Prosecutors are seeking the death penalty against Gibson. In a letter sent to WAVE 3, Gibson told us he offered to plead guilty and take the death penalty. Bailey hopes to see it differently.

"To him in his mind he would win if they put him to death in the death penalty." Bailey said. "It's best to put him as life without parole. And then he would suffer for what he's done."

Years later, she still has a sculpture carved out of wood that Gibson made for her. It is an eerie reminder of the man she once cared for.

"I put this back behind me back from 2001 and I've had to come back to it," Bailey said. "I never dreamed that I would have to come back to this."
[...]
http://www.wave3.com/story/18810496...disturbing-details-about-william-clyde-gibson
21kxw13.jpg
Kelly Bailey​

If he wants the death penalty then guve it to him minus the 15 years of appeals, just get it over with.

To be carried out immediately! He is a wickedly evil individual and doesnt need decades worth of appeals in the interim.

You guise! Stop being so hard on this guy. He can't help it he kills women when he gets shitfaced!

Thanks Obama!

:eek:

William Clyde Gibson pleads guilty to third murder
r1msep.jpg

William Clyde Gibson
The trial of William Clyde Gibson for the murder of Stephanie Kirk has ended before it began. During jury selection in Evansville, Gibson pleaded guilty to Kirk's murder. The body of Kirk, 35, was found buried in Gibson's backyard.
Gibson's fate will be determined by Floyd Superior Court Judge Susan Orth, who can still impose the death penalty. By accepting a plea in a death penalty case, Gibson waived his right to have a jury determine his fate.

Gibson was found guilty in October 2013 for the murder of Christine Whitis, 75. In April, Gibson accepted a plea deal in the murder of Karen Hodella, 45, and was sentenced to 65 years in prison.

The penalty phase is expected to start on July 28
[...]
It is expected to take three days.
http://www.wave3.com/story/25683238/gibson-pleads-guilty-to-third-murder

NEW ALBANY, Ind. —Defense attorneys used the second day of William Clyde Gibson's penalty hearing to paint the serial killer as a remorseful addict with a rough childhood.

Gibson's oldest sister and his ex-wife both took the stand and testified he was an alcoholic.
[...]
Gibson was devastated by their mother's death in January 2012 and his drinking only got worse after that.
[...]
said they grew up in a strict household with a father who could be verbally abusive.
[...]
confessed to strangling Stephanie Kirk in March 2012 and burying her in his backyard.

The defense reminded the court if he hadn't admitted this to police, Kirk would still be missing, but the prosecution argued that nothing could mitigate what Gibson did.

“There's certain actions in our society that demand certain punishment and that's why we're seeking the death penalty,” said Floyd County prosecutor
[...]
A psychologist will be the final witness to take the stand Wednesday.

Gibson has already been convicted of two other murders and received the death penalty for one and 65 years in prison for the other.
http://www.wlky.com/news/serial-kil...rtrays-him-as-troubled/27204402#ixzz38usx0NvB

Testimony in the sentencing hearing of William Clyde Gibson continued Thursday, with one of Gibson's neighbors telling the court he saw Gibson digging a hole in his back yard.

(...) Gibson pleaded guilty to the murder of Stephanie Kirk (...) Now Judge Susan Orth will decide whether Gibson will face the death penalty for murder.
(...)
On Wednesday, Gibson surprised the courtroom while a witness testified, blurting out: "What are you going to do, kill me again?"

(...) a jailhouse tattoo reading: "Death Row x3" was clearly visible during the proceedings.
(...) wrapped up closing arguments. Now Judge Orth will have about 7-10 days to sentence Gibson.
http://www.wdrb.com/story/26162213/...ing-says-he-saw-him-digging-hole-in-back-yard
4358366_G.jpg

Last edited:
Back