• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Satanica

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
http://www.kare11.com/news/weird/ma...n-swimming-pool-in-his-own-backyard/457828680
[....]
Jerry Leussink of Sundre in Alberta, Canada, built such a pool, inspired by a pond on the farm where he grew up. The massive, 90-by-70-foot pool on his own farm goes 14 feet deep and freezes over in the winter for ice skating, according to Prairie Farm Report.

Leussink built the pool in 2013, borrowing his brother's excavators to dig it himself, he told the Report. An inch-thick poly liner covers the pool, which stays clean thanks to chlorine and a massive pumping system.

Kids can splash in the pool's shallow area. A deck at one end doubles as a dance floor in evenings, Leussink said, thanks to solar lighting.

It's quite the summertime mecca, as the video from the Report shows, with space for volleyball, bocce ball and a giant sandbox.

"We've utilized it many, many, many times on weekends with family and friends that come camping," he told the Report.
[-....]

That's not a pool, that's a lake! :hilarious:

Sundre is full of people like this. Old retired, semi well off people with nothing better to do then spend the summer at their cabins doing wonky things. Most of Sundre doesn't even live there year round, it's a summer retreat for those in Calgary and surrounding areas. Few members of my family have summer "houses" there.

I can't imagine keeping it clean. We have a play size pool at our house in AZ maybe 16,000 gallons. I think it's a bitch to maintain with cleaning and keeping the chemicals balanced. People warned us about buying a house with a pool. But oh no, moving to AZ - why not get the house with the pool I said. Smdh

I can't imagine keeping it clean. We have a play size pool at our house in AZ maybe 16,000 gallons. I think it's a bitch to maintain with cleaning and keeping the chemicals balanced. People warned us about buying a house with a pool. But oh no, moving to AZ - why not get the house with the pool I said. Smdh

My next door neighbor had one. He spent all kinds of money and his own hard labor to redo the surface. The first thing that went haywire was the city showing up and stopping the project during the concrete injection, because they erroneously thought he didn't have a permit. Then, just a couple of years later the house was destroyed by that 12/26/15 tornado. His house was paid off, so he just took the insurance pay out and went somewhere else leaving that pool behind. It was raining a lot in 2016, so it became a big mosquito incubator. I think a contractor bought the lot, but nothing has been done yet. Pools are nice until they're not.

There were complaints made to the city about debris that was still on his property as well as about that pool prior to him selling the lot. So, he's over there mowing one day and my son talked to him and he mentioned those complaints. It seems his bitch wife was on the city council and looked at the records to see who made the complaints. How nice. Good riddance.

I love it. I think if I had a pool, the backyard would be like my livingroom...

Back