• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Morbid

Rooster Illusion
Staff member
MEMPHIS, TN – Police have arrested a man after they say he hit an 11-year-old girl with his SUV before raping her.

The girl was walking to Geeter Middle School Monday morning when she was hit by an SUV driven by 20-year-old Larry Ward.

After hitting the girl, Ward allegedly put the girl in his vehicle, sexually assaulted her then left her in a roadside ditch.

Minutes after the attack, Cameron Fifer saw the girl crying on the corner of the road and knew something bad had happened.

“Man, phew. Her face. Something just struck fear in her definitely,” he said.

When he stopped and asked the girl what happened, she said: “I got raped.”

The girl told arriving police what had happened to her and provided a description of the suspect and the SUV he was driving. She was taken to the hospital in non-critical condition and has since been treated and released.

Her mother says aside from being battered and bruised, she is expected to be ok.

Sex crimes investigators immediately went to the scene while police spent hours searching for the suspect. They eventually found Ward driving an SUV that matched the girl’s description two miles from where the assault occurred. Ward’s physical appearance and clothes also matched the girl’s description and he was arrested.

Ward has been charged with rape, aggravated kidnapping, and aggravated assault. He has past arrests for burglary and driving with a suspended or revoked license.

A spokesman for Shelby County Schools reminded parents that children should walk to school with a friend or with a group of people.

This article was written by Morbid for The Dreamin Demon - the Internet's self-appointed buzzkill.

Continue reading...

What the fuck? What a piece of shit. I wonder if he hit her in order to rape her or raped her as a crime of opportunity.

This is just his first time caught. He's done something similar to this. You don't just suddenly drive down the road and think gee I'll hit that girl and get all rapey. Don't let him out...next time he'll perfect his method by killing the witness.

He definitely struck her to subdue her - shock everything else going on - less likely to fight - I also think he's tested this in the past - he just came across a brave fighter!

Wow. What a creep. I'm so glad this baby survived this horrific ordeal. I'm glad he was caught before another child fell victim to this monster.

A 23-year-old Memphis man has been sentenced to 40 years in prison for hitting an 11-year-old girl with his vehicle, then raping her. But the girl's family is not at all satisfied with the sentence.

That 40 years is much less than what prosecutors pushed for 23-year-old Larry Ward to receive.

In 2016, Ward hit the 11-year-old while she was walking with his SUV, forced her inside, threatened to kill her, then raped her.

The child was found crying on the side of the road by a woman who called police.

Ward pleaded guilty to the brutal crime, choosing a judge to decide his sentence.

The state believed overall, Ward should serve 71 years in prison, consecutively, for the various charges he was convicted of, while his attorney argued for 35. Ultimately, Judge Jennifer Johnson Mitchell decided on 40 years.

"I'm really pleased with the outcome and that he didn't put the family through the heartache of a trial in a matter like this," defense attorney Claiborne Ferguson said.

Following the judge's ruling, Dennis reiterated Ward's criminal history and said he's a danger to the community and also a liability in jail, where he has been written up 20 times.

The judge responded that the court heard no proof there was no hesitation about committing the crime at which the risk to human life is high, saying she would not sentence him consecutively.

"Given this man's age, he is going to be getting out at age 63 and could still present a huge danger to the community," Dennis said.

Ward will be back in court in January, when he will face another rape charge in a different case.
1574725774675.png

Presumably they discussed the options with the family, but maybe they didn't understand exactly how it would play out.

Couldn't agree more, and their expectations were absolutely wild if they're surprised at how "short" the sentence is.

I was thinking that 40 years is REALLY high for even a child rape conviction with no serious injury, and I have no idea why they expected more. He even pleaded guilty and let everyone skip the trial, which often knocks off a few decades in jail.

I think we'd all like him to be secluded in a cell for life, but this is better than I expected and I'll happily take it.

Back