• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

PerfectChaos

QueenGEEK
5980607_G_zpsbdd33596.jpg

ORIGINAL REPORT (11/23 10:00 p.m.):

Arkansas State Police have issued a Level 2 Morgan Nick Amber Alert for the missing Searcy toddler after police say the little boy walked away from his home.

Malik Drummond, 2, was last seen around 5:45 p.m. at his home near the 700 block of West Park Avenue. Malik was wearing brown pants and a blue shirt.
[...]
UPDATE (11/24 8:30 a.m.):

Police say Malik disappeared from his father's home while his stepmother was bathing and his father was asleep. There was another young child in the home at that time.

Officers said there is no evidence of foul play
[...]
UPDATE (11/24 6:30 p.m.):

With Malik missing for more than 24 hours, the family says they are getting desperate.
[...]
Malik's father, Jeff Clifton, experienced the loss of a child almost ten years ago. He says that nightmare is haunting him again.
[...]
The family is concerned that because Malik is autistic, the search efforts may be affected. Malik's mother told KATV that the boy doesn't like loud noises and would probably run away from them.

Malik's mother believes someone has taken him.
[...]

UPDATE (11/24 11:00 p.m.):

Searcy police and law enforcement continue searching Monday night, but told volunteers to go home because of safety reasons. They said they don't want people walking around outside on the streets in the dark. However, many volunteers ignored instructions to leave and continued searching for the missing toddler.
[...]

http://www.katv.com/story/27463658/missing-police-searching-for-searcy-toddler

Last edited by a moderator:
They need to search bodies of water. So often autistic children are fascinated with water and sdly, several of the missing ones have been found in water.

The search for a missing Searcy boy is in its third day with no valid clues about where the child may be.
[...]
Search dogs are being used Tuesday after a helicopter was used Monday. Police Cpl. Steve Hernandez says officers have used lie-detector tests as part of their investigation.
[...]
Hernandez said foul play has not been ruled out but that officers don't have any reason to believe that foul play has occurred.

http://www.thv11.com/story/news/local/2014/11/25/malik-drummond-lie-detector/70106570/

In Searcy, Arkansas dozens of volunteers put their Thanksgiving celebrations on hold to help search for a missing child.
[...]
His disappearance has triggered a massive search effort after fears the child could not survive cold overnight temperatures.
[...]
Police have interviewed Malik’s family members and friends of his family, but still have no evidence to dispute the claim that he just wandered away from his house.

It was first reported that Malik is autistic, but Corporal Steve Hernandez said there is no medical documentation to show that Malik Drummond was diagnosed.

http://wreg.com/2014/11/28/volunteers-spend-thanksgiving-looking-for-malik-drummond/

Unless someone is hiding him, at this point they're probably only going to find his remains.

Still nothing... :(

Over the weekend Searcy police used checkpoints to help find a toddler that disappeared more than a week ago.

According to the Searcy Police Department, those check points will not continue to man the road blocks set up over the weekend. A spokesperson with the department said the road blocks were in place to ask drivers if they knew anything about the whereabouts of 2-year-old Malik Drummond.
[...]
In addition, police were checking the trunks of drivers who consented to a search. Investigators added that search dogs will continue to help in the search Monday.

http://www.thv11.com/story/news/loc...ik-drummond-missing-for-over-a-week/19729161/

The interview with his parents .. Hmmm. Did any one see it ?

The mother is talking about the case with about as much emotion as a vaguely interested passer by who heard it on the news, not a woman who's baby has been missing for a week - honestly she has the strangest detached demeanour . Her words make sense in a kind of ' matter of factually' way , but she is quite nonchalant .

If it were me and my child you wouldn't be able to hear my words through the snot dribbled wails and half faints I would be exhibiting with stress and grief .

I've seen more emotion in missing pet appeals .

The Father has some stress on his face and is a little teary , but he definitely is letting off some odd vibe too.

Maybe it's me , I'm too cynical , or maybe it's the fact 2 year olds don't usually wander off like this without being dead and stuffed in a bag/box/rolled up blanket/trunk of a car first .

Is there a link for the interview? Would like to see it.

Edited to add: I've found an interview with the child's grandmother;

http://www.arkansasmatters.com/stor...ly-speaks-out-on/76506/Q6As0bUj_E6-89-Q3JA_VQ

But haven't found anything from the mother yet.

I'm not buying their story yet though. The mother was taking a bath, and the two year old twin was able to point at the door when asked where Malik was?... lucky she was paying attention and able to communicate that well, huh? And funny that a two year old could reach and unlock the door... 'cos surely you'd lock your doors before you take a bath, leaving your active kids running about?

Also suspicious to me was how quickly parents and grandma said "he must have been kidnapped". Grandma couldn't say it fast enough in that interview, and he body language was off to me. I don't have kids... But seems that if the kid left on his own (ha) that they wouldn't be so quick to assume they know what happened to him. Would appeal for anyone who might have taken him to let him come home, but also ask that people search because he could be hiding?

I don't know. But it's so often the family, and I don't like the way they're so quick to shout kidnapping. Set's off my hinky meter.

Last edited:
The interview with his parents .. Hmmm. Did any one see it ?

The mother is talking about the case with about as much emotion as a vaguely interested passer by who heard it on the news, not a woman who's baby has been missing for a week - honestly she has the strangest detached demeanour . Her words make sense in a kind of ' matter of factually' way , but she is quite nonchalant .

If it were me and my child you wouldn't be able to hear my words through the snot dribbled wails and half faints I would be exhibiting with stress and grief .

I've seen more emotion in missing pet appeals .

The Father has some stress on his face and is a little teary , but he definitely is letting off some odd vibe too.

Maybe it's me , I'm too cynical , or maybe it's the fact 2 year olds don't usually wander off like this without being dead and stuffed in a bag/box/rolled up blanket/trunk of a car first .
Is there a link only found interview with grandmother and the bio mom, not one with dad and stepmom

Is there a link only found interview with grandmother and the bio mom, not one with dad and stepmom

I saw it when browsing the web - I think it may have been in the earlier days of the investigation and most probably posted on Arkansasmatters. Can't say for def as I clicked a link whilst looking, but I am sure it was on that page.

Searcy Police have moved their search for 2-year-old Malik Drummond to open water.

Dive teams have concluded their search as nightfall approaches, but it’s the latest active sign, despite volunteers being sent home, the search for Malik continues.

Dive teams from the White County Sheriff’s Department are spending much of the afternoon searching the Little Red River, about five miles north of Searcy and where Malik was last seen.

What police describe as a tip brought them out here this morning, but part of verifying it included using their own certified cadaver dog to see if it would pick a scent.

It did, so divers followed in about 15 to 20 feet of murky water, methodically searching.

Searcy Police Chief Jeremy Clark says even with no sign of Malik Drummond, the leads are continuing to pour in.
[...]

http://www.arkansasmatters.com/stor...ing-toddler-to-o/13389/HE5XVZjtTkCajfd38lJNYA

Does anyone know if there has been any CPS involvement with Malik & his sister and/or the Father and Stepmother? I couldn't find anything, but I have just started following this one.

Timeline and photos from THV11:

http://www.thv11.com/story/news/local/2014/12/05/timeline-the-search-for-malik-drummond/19960935/

Another update from December 8th:

Drummond was last seen inside his home on Park in Searcy on Sunday November 23rd.

The ensuing week produced hundreds of volunteers from around the state and country searching throughout the city of 25,000 in case Drummond wandered off and was hiding.

Clark announced December 1 those volunteer efforts were no longer needed, saying enough time had passed for detectives to exhaust the possibility of the two-year old still being outside waiting to be found.

However, dive teams and investigators spent multiple days at Riverside Park in an effort, Clark says, "to eliminate" the area as a possibility where Drummond could be.

http://www.arkansasmatters.com/stor...nd-enters-week-3/32945/nC8Sh01ap0yojxm8U2__1A

Sadly, still not much on this poor little guy.

What are the chances an autistic boy wandered away from his house into the arms of a serial killer who chopped him up and put them into a lagoon? If the Garfield Park boy is him his parents have to be involved!!!

Anybody knows you cannot take your eyes off of a 2 year old, you don't nap, you don't take a bath you don't breath while not looking directly at them. Yeah they did something to that baby.

Even if I didn't remember, but I do, I now have 2 year old honorary grand son and he is a handful, it takes both me and his grandma to keep up with him and he still does things like turn the lights off, open the fridge and try to take stuff out, tries to put toys in the dogs ears, take his diaper off, pull all the cushion off the couch, nd thats just getting started.

they did not leave the baby unttended and he wandered off if the twin is still there and still healthy, because left on their own they would have both gone together. Something awful happened to Malik and they did it, I'm sure of that.

It's been a year and still no sign of this kid. I found this on the local news here. Grandma (mom's mom) is now taking care of Malik's twin sister full time. Mom has moved away to "get a new start" and grandma says that she has no contact with dad or step mom but they still live in the same town. If that doesn't scream guilt I don't know what does. I feel so bad for the little twin sister. She has not only lost the other half of her, but her skank bitch of a mom too. Dad doesn't have shit to do with her either anymore. That child is going to have some serious emotional issues. As a mom, I don't see how in the world you can look at your daughter, whose world as she knew it, had been ripped away from her, and then decide that YOU need to get away and get a new start?? I can only hope that she didn't have to watch whatever one of these "parents" did to her brother. That would just be too much!

http://www.fox16.com/news/local-news/malik-drummond-missing-for-one-year-no-sign-of-toddler

Oh my goodness, those pictures of Malik. So much personality packed into one toddler. What a loss. So glad that the police are still working on this case.

Well, it ends as most of them do! If the father has been arrested and charged, the step mom will have to be next. She had to know. All that bullshit she told about him wondering out of the house while she was in the bath. Whatever bitch! I'm sure bio mom knew exactly what happened too. Ugh! Stupid Fuckers!

Back