• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

China

La Mera Mera
rkoln9.jpg

- A Maine lawmaker and former high school principal checked himself into rehab after state police said a trooper discovered him allegedly having sex with a woman in a van in a park-and-ride parking lot Monday night.

[....]

McCausland said Jones declined to give his name and the trooper discovered his identity when he later found Jones' car with Maine legislative plates across the street. The park-and-ride lot is located just off the Maine Turnpike.

In a statement to emailed to the Kennebec Journal, Jones writes, "I am aware that the allegations made will be a source of embarrassment for my family and a cause for concern for my constituents. I am deeply embarrassed. I am taking steps to address my long term struggle with alcoholism that I believe is the cause of my behavior.

[...]

The van belonged to the woman, who McCausland said is not related to Jones. Jones is married and has three children and one grandchild, according to the 2013 Senate and House Register. The woman was not charged. McCausland said that the woman identified herself and Jones did not, which factored into Jones being charged.

The first term legislator is currently seeking reelection in his sprawling rural district that includes 8 Central Maine communities. His Republican challenger, MaryAnne Kinney, who identifies herself as a conservative Catholic, said she would not make the allegations into a campaign issue.

"This is a personal issue for my opponent. I don't plan to use this against him. The truth will come out,"said Kinney.

[...]

Within the district, voters expressed only mild concern about the alleged infidelity and charges.

[...]

"I try not to judge," said Misty Avery, "but I am married so it hits close to home."

The majority of constituents said if the allegations prove to be true, it won't affect their vote.

"Whether or not I vote for him has to do with what he'd do for community, not what he does with his personal life," said Shilo Cushman.

It is unclear at this time how long Jones will be in treatment or whether the incident will impact his plans to run for reelection. Speaker of the House Mark Eves said the office is monitoring the situation.

[...]
http://www.wcsh6.com/story/news/politics/2014/09/16/state-rep-arrested-sex-in-van-jones/15752599/

He should have just claimed to be a sex addict and sought treatment for that. Then he could have saved the alcoholism thing for something big instead of shooting his wadd on this petty bullshit charge.

Last edited:
Post Clintongate, I think most of his constituency is probably willing to overlook it. But, I'm sure there are those who are still very much, "if he doesn't honor his marriage vows, what else is he willing to disrespect?"

Re: his wife, maybe they have an open marriage he'd rather not bring up. Who knows. *shrug*

Personally, he's obviously a boomer, and I like the way he looks (except he needs to invest in some White Strips). He may be another lowdown, dirty politician, but he looks like a cool guy. And isn't that what's really important here? :p

Last edited:
I just feel badly for his wife, who probably never suspected that this guy was bumpin uglies in a parked van like a teenager. Now she has to divorce him or suffer the public embarrassment, and both options suck. Unless they're in an open relationship? (He looks like he might believe in free love).

wow what a lame charge, and the trying to make him look bad by mentioning his involvement in local politics and education- because no teacher or city council whatever has ever done anything so racy as getting it on in a van (sarcasm~~) this dude probably listens to van morrison and NPR- a real threat to society. As to his marital status, that's their business, for all we know, maybe they have a different version of 'date night' . I remember seeing those stickers on vans : if this van's a rockin, don't come knockin' ! Overzealous park rangers, our tax dollars at work going after this guy. Have to check if I have some page beacon blocker on using ghostery app so I can rep some of these people. I'm glad the majority of DDers here also see this as a non issue after looking at all the real insane scary shit out there, if this is what keeps people sane and they are consenting adults, leave them the eff alone.

"I am taking steps to address my long term struggle with alcoholism that I believe is the cause of my behavior." I'm guessing he's liberal? That sentence is so craftily worded it has "Blame the Alcohol, not me!" written all over it! Show some responsibility for your own actions!

Here's a better way of saying it: "I should probably look into treating my alcoholism so I can take responsibility for my own actions and stop doing stupid shit like this"

I used to get caught bangin in my car every. Single. Time. 1) i was never charged for anything 2) the cops just laughed and told us to get a room. :hilarious:

The woman didnt get in any trouble but he made the friggen news? Pathetic. Keep doing you Brain, but try to spice things up with your wife. smh.

Back