1. Before creating a thread in the Reality Bites forums, please read the following guidelines so you do not risk the wrath of the administrators and possibly lose the privilege of creating threads. We want everyone o take part in spreading the shitty news, but let's do it in a way that keeps Morbid from fielding takedown notices.

Mail Bomb Goes Off Outside Nashville, Killing Two, Son-in-law Richard Parker Confesses

Discussion in 'In The Mean Time' started by Azryhael, Feb 11, 2014.

1. Azryhael

Azryhael Princess of Putrefaction Bold Member!

http://wgnsradio.com/package-inside-mailbox-explodes-in-lebanon-killing-one--cms-18151

The victims were my stepdad-in-law's sister and brother-in-law. We've been wracking our brains since yesterday afternoon, but we can't think of any reason that someone might have to want to hurt them.
    • Thanks Thanks x 18
  2. Valasca

Valasca Veteran Member

Holy mother.
    • Agree Agree x 4
  3. Taxidermi

Taxidermi Dildo for hire Bold Member!

I am so sorry :(
    • Agree Agree x 9
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. CbabyRKO

CbabyRKO Titty sprinkles!!!! Bold Member!

Omg crazy. For the love of all that is right and good let's hope we don't have another Ted Kaczynski on our hands. Random mad bomber just wanting to blow shit up.
    • Agree Agree x 4
  5. Dakota

Dakota FORUM BITCH / Beloved Cunt Bold Member!

http://www.lebanondemocrat.com/article/breaking-news/335546
    http://www.miamiherald.com/2014/02/11/3927212/tenn-explosion-that-killed-1-under.html
    • Thanks Thanks x 9
  6. Azryhael

Dupe, because damn you Dakota! You and your speedy little fingers!
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Azryhael

Unofficially: yes, the injuries were from the explosion. 50% of total body surface area is badly burned, including the face. My stepdad-in-law is an emergency room doctor, and last I heard he's en route to Nashville now to help his niece and nephew with power of attorney and executor stuff. They can't make any funeral arrangements yet, since the deceased is currently evidence.
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2014
    • Thanks Thanks x 6
    • Good To Know! Good To Know! x 2
  8. Dakota

Good to hear. All sorts of nefarious things were running through my mind with that poorly chosen part of the article. Not that all sorts of other nefarious reasons aren't in there too...
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  9. tjecmom1

tjecmom1 Member

our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.Hope the answers come soon and not drag out for a long time!!!!!
    • Agree Agree x 8
    • Thanks Thanks x 2
  10. Azryhael

Finally, it's been confirmed that John Setzer died at the scene from injuries sustained in the explosion, and his wife, Marian Setzer, is in critical condition at Vanderbilt University Hospital.

This is the first confirmation we've had by officials that the victims are, in fact, distant relations-by-marriage of my husband's.

My stepdad-in-law is about ten years younger than his sister, who is 72, and they were never very close. My husband hasn't seen the Setzers in about 20 years, and we know very little about them.

Conflicting information is trickling down different branches of the family grapevine: some say he was a retired lawyer (specialty unclear at this point), others say he worked for Merrill Lynch before retiring nearly a decade ago.
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2014
    • Thanks Thanks x 8
  11. Dakota

[​IMG]
    http://www.nbcnews.com/news/crime-courts/retired-tennessee-lawyer-killed-exploding-package-n27836
    • Thanks Thanks x 8
  12. Satanica

Satanica Well-Known Member Bold Member!

I hope they find out what happened soon. Even though you weren't close I'm sure you'll still want closure.
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  13. Azryhael

Clarification achieved! He was a lawyer many years ago, although never a criminal lawyer. He quit something like 25+ years ago to become a minister.

So, still no reason to blow him up.

At-the-hospital UPDATE: Doctors are giving her a 5% chance of surviving the night, and statistics show that there's an 85% chance that someone with burns like hers will not leave the hospital alive. I know more, but I want to leave the immediate family some privacy. Suffice it to say that she's in extremely critical condition, and her family is in shock.
    • Thanks Thanks x 9
  14. BostonBurns

BostonBurns Insufferable Bastard Bold Member!

Not to disparage anyone, but might a child or family member wanted them dead for their money? It always amazes me when I hear of people trying this and expecting to get away with it.
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Thanks Thanks x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Dakota

http://www.cnn.com/2014/02/12/justice/tennessee-lawyer-letter-bomb-death/index.html
    • Thanks Thanks x 4
  16. Azryhael

I just received the news that Marion has passed away at Vanderbilt University Hospital.
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2014
    • Thanks Thanks x 13
  17. cubby

cubby Veteran Member Bold Member!

I'm sorry, @Azryhael, I really hope that they figure out who did this, hopefully not children or other relatives. :(
    • Agree Agree x 10
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  18. Azryhael

*BREAKTHROUGH*

Jon and Marion's son-in-law has confessed to killing them. More info to follow at a 6pm EST press conference tonight.
    • Thanks Thanks x 11
    • WTF!?! WTF!?! x 3
  19. carolinablue

carolinablue Veteran Member Bold Member!

Well SHIT! I don't know what else to say. Maybe over money? If you want to off someone a gun or knife or baseball bat are the usual weapons. But this guy just blew up the whole house; I'm guessing he wanted to make damn sure they would be dead. Scum sucking turd. I'm guessing there is money involved, or maybe a bitter, long drawn out feud. But shit! Blow up a whole house? They could have had company over, and the anal drip was willing to blow up everybody in there. Sure caught him fast...
    • Agree Agree x 5
    • Thanks Thanks x 3
  20. Azryhael

And since the murdering arsehole lived on the same property, any of his four children could have dropped by Grandma and Grandpa's house after school and been hurt or killed.

I'm so angry that he was someone so close to them.

His name is Richard Parker, and I know he'll burn in hell, if there is one. I'm guessing it was a money thing, myself, but we'll have to wait for additional information.
    • Thanks Thanks x 8
  21. Dakota

http://www.kspr.com/news/nationworld/URGENT-Tennessee-Bomb-Arrest/21051646_24471836

That just sucks but at least the neighbors can once again go to their mailboxes without a bomb squad.
    • Agree Agree x 6
    • Thanks Thanks x 3
  22. cubby

cubby Veteran Member Bold Member!

Either he didn't give a shit about his kids or he knew where they were when he made sure in his chicken shit way that their grandma and granddad made an early entrance to heaven. I am so sorry for his actions, hopefully his wife wasn't involved in this too.
    • Agree Agree x 6
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  23. Dakota

[​IMG]
    http://www.cnn.com/2014/02/13/justice/tennessee-lawyer-letter-bomb-death/
    http://www.tennessean.com/article/20140213/WILSON/302130100
    • Thanks Thanks x 8
  24. Azryhael

From what we've heard, his wife, Laura, is devastated by the news that her husband is responsible for murdering her parents. I honestly believe, at this point, that she knew nothing of Richard's plan.
    • Thanks Thanks x 7
    • Like Like x 2
  25. beans

beans Trusted Member Bold Member!

@Azryhael . What in the world and all that's in it, would this person want to kill his in laws? Inheritance, debt? My heart just goes out to his wife, their daughter. To all of you.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  26. Azryhael

The only thing I can think of might be money. I mean, they were 74 and 72, if he could have waited 10-15 years they'd have died on their own, but I guess he thought he needed their money now for some reason.
    • Agree Agree x 2
  27. beans

beans Trusted Member Bold Member!

Ahh money. I wait it out. My mom eats raw hamburger, and one day my ship will come in.
    • Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  28. Lori Brandt Abell

Lori Brandt Abell Active Member

OMMFG!!! What a fucking jerk!!! That poor woman has lost her parents in an awful awful way and now the one person who is suppose to help her through this is the cause of her pain!!! KILL IT WITH FIRE!!!!
    • Agree Agree x 4
  29. CbabyRKO

CbabyRKO Titty sprinkles!!!! Bold Member!

I've often heard for older people checking the mail can sometimes be the high point of their day lol. So I wonder if the son in law knew when the mail came and put the package in the mailbox around the time the mail would come so they would collect it all at once. Or did he put it out there and they went out and got it thinking it was a UPS delivery or something.
    Either way this guy is a douchebag and it is so crazy he thought he could get away with this. Ted Kaczynski is a genius but even he got caught.
    • Agree Agree x 2
  30. Dakota

http://www.fox17.com/news/features/...r-hosted-children-at-lebanon-home-19565.shtml
    • Thanks Thanks x 5