• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Satanica

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
http://www.13wmaz.com/news/local/po...tempts-to-kill-pig-with-pickaxe-gun/308101512
The owner of a pig in east Macon asked a man to kill the animal so it could be processed.

He obliged - or at least he tried to.

Deputies answered the call for animal cruelty at 3331 Kings Park Circle at about 1:30 p.m. Wednesday. It was reported that some construction workers heard gunshots.

Immediately after hearing the gunshots, they saw a pig running down the road with a pickax in its back and a man chasing after it, according to a Bibb sheriff's office news release states.

Turns out that man chasing the pig, Freddie Phelps Sr., 62, struck the pig with other objects and shot it, according to the news release.

The severely injured pig was found behind a home in the 3300 block of Kings Park Circle. A county animal control worker on the scene asked the deputy to put the pig down to end its suffering.

The deputy obliged and shot it, the news release states.

As for Phelps, he was taken to jail and charged with aggravated cruelty to animals.

As for the owner of pig, she still didn't get to have the animal processed.

The pig was taken to Macon-Bibb County Animal Welfare to have a necropsy performed, the news release states.
Freddie%20Phelps%20Sr_1472140476619_5828444_ver1.0_640_360_1472140520365_5828449_ver1.0_zpsjxv6dqul.jpg

I guess she was too cheap to pay for one of those mobile abbatoir services. That's all I can figure.

There is so much wrong with this story. *SMH*

@Satanica did you just say mobile abattoir??
4dcc3d5b387e5.image.jpg

"This is a 12-story block combining classical neo-Georgian features with the efficiency of modern techniques. The tenants arrive here and are carried along the corridor on a conveyor belt in extreme comfort, past murals depicting Mediterranean scenes, towards the rotating knives. The last twenty feet of the corridor are heavily soundproofed. The blood pours down these chutes and the mangled flesh slurps into these...
[...]
Mind you, this is a real beaut. None of your blood caked on the walls and flesh flying out of the windows incommoding the passers-by with this one."

~ Monty Python, The Architects Sketch (slaughter house architect inadvertently commissioned to design a block of residential flats)

I really don't understand.

Was she going to cut and wrap the meat herself or have a butcher do it?

Every animal I raised for meat, I call up a butcher shop and make an appointment. On the day scheduled, I drop off a live animal. 24 hours later, I pick up my meat. Wrapped in freezer paper and stamped with the weight and cut of meat.

All that bashing with the pick ax and running around ruins the meat.
Not to mention is traumatic to the animal.

Back