• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

CbabyRKO

Trumperdink Mussolini
47-year-old woman has been arrested on suspicion of drunken driving after her vehicle plowed into a flock of sheep in southwestern Colorado, killing 38 of them, police said on Wednesday.

Lynn Ann Michel was driving her Isuzu sport utility vehicle on Tuesday night on a rural road outside the town of Monte Vista when she crashed into the animals, the Colorado State Patrol said in a statement.

Another dozen sheep were injured in the collision, police said, which happened about 115 miles (185 km) southwest of Colorado Springs.

Police said Michel then fled but investigators were able to track her down after finding the front license plate of her SUV at the crash site.

Michel was cited for driving under the influence, leaving the scene of an accident involving property damage, and failure to provide proof of insurance, the state patrol statement said.
http://news.yahoo.com/colorado-woman-kills-38-sheep-crash-charged-drunken-010523190.html

How do you kill so many sheep with an effing Isuzu, they are not that big! You think she ran them all down separately?

Sheep pinball, the new drunk game.

How do you kill so many sheep with an effing Isuzu, they are not that big! You think she ran them all down separately?

Sheep pinball, the new drunk game.
Besides the 38 she killed, she injured an additional dozen.
The article says "plowed into them"
What does that mean? Were they in their pasture and she trespassed and hit them? Were they on the highway and she hit them?
Was this just drunk dumb luck that she was able to hit that many or did she drive around running them down?

Come on colorado, we need more into. How can we be properly outraged without the proper facts.

"failure to provide proof of insurance"

... Hmmm... I'm thinkin after that whole awful cluster fuck a few pieces of paper are pretty trivial :shrug:

... Hmmm... I'm thinkin after that whole awful cluster fuck a few pieces of paper are pretty trivial :shrug:
Yeah, I can't even recall the last time I put a current insurance card in one of our cars.

Now that I'm awake, I just did some rough math.

Cross bred butcher ewe lambs are priced at $250.00 each
38x250.00= $9,500.00
12 injured could cost a bunch in the owner is having them treated by a vet.
Even if the owner decided to shoot them, their low end value is $250.00 each, that's another $3,000.00
Grand total of $12,500.00
That's a low estimate because the ones I'm comparing to on Craig's list are mixed breed.

There is a wether sire ram listed on Craig's list for $2,500.00

So the estimate I just did could shoot way up.

Yeah, I can't even recall the last time I put a current insurance card in one of our cars.

I always do, because, you know, Texas. About 10 years ago I was taking a short cut to the company's bank with a deposit when I was confronted with a police roadblock. They were checking everyone's papers. :nailbiting: I flip open the glove box and start pulling out all of these expired proof of insurance cards. The cop finally told me to go straight home and get it and put in the car. It was pretty obvious from the 20 outdated copies that I keep my auto insurance current. Of course, I went on to the bank and totally ignored his advice. I thought such roadblocks were a no-no but apparently not, and I didn't start bitching about my rights or anything to avoid getting tazed or shot of whatever. I have been a lot better about putting that damned piece of paper in the glove box as soon as it's available. :angelic:

There is a wether sire ram listed on Craig's list for $2,500.00
A wether is a castrated male sheep or goat, so it cannot also be a sire.
I think your estimate is probably on the high end, but it is still a lot of money to lose on dead sheep and vet care, especially since the driver had no insurance. It would depend on the breed. The livestock owner should sue her for whatever she has. If they were also wool sheep, then the owner has lost a few years of wool production too. Also, if the ewes were pregnant, then the owner also lost a future generation.

As to how she could plow through so many sheep? Probably the flock was in a corral for the night and could not scatter easily. They may have been brought in from pasture and penned in preparation for shipping, shearing, lambing, routine vet care, or (ironically in this case) for protection from predators like coyotes.

Lynn Ann Michel - you've been a baaaaad baaaaaad girl! :angelic:
You don't know how hard I tried to work a baaaa reference into the title but I just couldn't make it work :shifty:.
Dumb bitch won't ever be able to live this down. At least we can take solace in that fact alone. I need to see if I can find what's sure to be a gem of a mugshot.

No mugshot dammit but what the fuck is with her teeth. They seem to get shorter as they go along? Oh and BITCH YOU ALMOST 50 IF YOU DON'T SIT YO OL RELIVING MY GLORY DAYS ASS DOWN SOMEWHERE. I blame all the dumb bitches from all them Real Housewives shows. Bitch call a damn Uber if you wanna go out and drink like you're 21. At least pretend you're an adult for one moment.
2E9A22BA00000578-3324800-image-a-7_1447942281754.jpg

No mugshot dammit but what the fuck is with her teeth. They seem to get shorter as they go along? Oh and BITCH YOU ALMOST 50 IF YOU DON'T SIT YO OL RELIVING MY GLORY DAYS ASS DOWN SOMEWHERE. I blame all the dumb bitches from all them Real Housewives shows. Bitch call a damn Uber if you wanna go out and drink like you're 21. At least pretend you're an adult for one moment.
2E9A22BA00000578-3324800-image-a-7_1447942281754.jpg
She has really nice eyebrows.
Just saying...

Edit to add
@Muriel Schwenck
I know nothing about sheep. I just went to craigslist.
Not sure why the person offering the sire for sale for breeding but also calling him a wether??

The true value on the 40 sheep she plowed into is going to depend on many factors.

Last edited:
Not sure why the person offering the sire for sale for breeding but also calling him a wether??
Hi Keepalowprofile, Maybe because the seller on craigslist might also be an idiot. There are a lot of them on craigslist - which I have experienced looking for horse and pony listings. Or the listing was poorly written, and the seller has both a wether and a ram for sale. You did fine on your research.
BTW, here are my 3 week old lambs, Ferdinand and Gordo. In a couple months, they will be wethers too :)
lambs%2526nana.jpg
l

Death toll is up to 42 sheep dead. It is still not clear if the sheep were penned or on the road at night. It is an open range area, which means drivers need to watch for livestock. But to kill so many, I assumed the sheep were temporarily penned.

Back