• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

SimplySpaztastic

The above average, average girl
Bold Member!
:eek: I went to high school with this guy!!!
2h5pjed.jpg

Greeley police have identified the man officers shot and killed early Thursday after a confrontation in Evans.

Greeley police Sgt. Joe Tymkowych identified the man as Luke Nathan Miller, 37, a parolee whose last known address was in Wheat Ridge. He was wanted on two felony warrants for absconding from parole and being involved in a domestic violence incident in January out of Jefferson County.

Miller was not a local resident, and Tymkowych said he could not release information regarding why Miller was in Evans.

Miller was on parole out of Denver after serving sentences from cases he acquired in 2007 and 2012. The 2007 case involved assault of a guard while in custody, for which he was sentenced to four years in prison. In 2012, he was convicted of trespassing of a vehicle and sentenced to three years in prison.

Thursday’s incident began about 1:30 a.m., when Evans officers on patrol noticed two men walking quickly away from a car in a secluded area off the U.S. 85 frontage road and 37th Street.

Police stopped them and tried to talk with them; Miller fled, reportedly firing a gunshot at the officers. Police arrested his companion while other officers from other jurisdictions arrived to assist.

After police surrounded Miller, he came out of hiding and reportedly raised his gun at officers, ordering them to shoot and kill him. Officers from Greeley and LaSalle police departments shot him. He was pronounced dead a short time later at North Colorado Medical Center. Authorities have not released the number of shots fired.

Had Miller been apprehended by police, he would have been arrested on a January warrant out of Jefferson County in which he was charged in a domestic violence incident. He was charged with felony second-degree assault, menacing, third-degree assault involving domestic violence, criminal mischief, child abuse and harassment.

Miller has had regular contact with police since his teen years, amassing several misdemeanor charges for various crimes, ranging from harassment to assault, to traffic violations involving driving without licenses and operating unsafe vehicles and reckless driving, according to Colorado court records.

The Weld County Critical Incident Response Team continues to investigate the case, and has concluded the investigation of the scene, the press release stated. Multiple interviews were conducted Thursday and continued Friday. The second suspect who was detained in this incident has been released without charges at this time, the release stated. Tymkowych said he could not release the reason the second suspect was let go. The man’s name was not released because he has not been arrested.

Police say they will release additional information as it becomes available.
http://www.greeleytribune.com/news/20843524-113/police-identify-man-who-was-shot-and-killed

The following crime scene photos are from Fox31 news, and were shown in the Westword link below
2mgr47t.jpg

23qxv79.jpg

9qefpi.jpg

At approximately 1:25 a.m., according to the GPD, members of the Evans Police Department initiated what's termed a "suspicious vehicle contact" near Highway 85 and 40th Street.

Before long, the officers contacted a pair of suspects, and while one was quickly taken into custody immediately, the other one took off.

The likely reason, discovered after the fact: the man was a "parole absconder and was wanted on felony charges," the department reveals.

The man initially got away from the cops after crossing a fence.

However, the cavalry soon arrived in the persons of officers from multiple agencies — police departments from Greeley and LaSalle, as well as deputies from the Weld County Sheriff's Office — who established a perimeter with the idea of giving the man nowhere to run.

More than an hour later, at 2:47 a.m., an officer spotted the man, who allegedly fired a shot in his direction before vanishing again.

But he reappeared approximately thirty minutes later and was quickly surrounded.

hat's when the man is quoted as shouting, "Shoot me, kill me!"

After that, he's said to have raised his weapon in the officers' direction.

They responded by following his command, pulling their triggers until he was down.

What happened afterward was captured in some remarkable footage broadcast byFox31 and shared below.

In it, the cops can be seen advancing on the man with guns drawn, then trying, and failing, to revive him.
http://www.westword.com/news/luke-m...lice-was-a-white-supremacist-cops-say-7646290

Last edited:
Fishy story, like to see any dash cam or chest cam footage on this one

I read somewhere that there is body cam footage. I don't remember where I saw it. I'll try to find the link somewhere though.
[doublepost=1457363034,1457359235][/doublepost]

the GPD notes that there is body camera footage of what happened. It's currently under review by the Nineteenth Judicial District's Critical Incident Response Team
http://www.westword.com/news/luke-m...lice-was-a-white-supremacist-cops-say-7646290
[doublepost=1462531277][/doublepost]

Here you go @JackBurton
WELD COUNTY, Colo. -- Body camera video of a police shooting incident in northern Colorado was released Wednesday. At the same time, Weld County District Attorney Michael Rourke announced three officers were justified when they opened fire on the suspect Feb. 25.

Luke Nathan Miller, 37, was killed and the video clip does not show the shooting. The entire clip the district attorney released is graphic and shows the suspect during and after the shooting.

In the video, Miller is seen walking across the street from the officer whose body camera recorded the incident. An officer is heard yelling a number of times for the suspect to drop his gun.

He did not comply, and police from Greeley and La Salle shot him.

The DA's report said police encountered Miller more than once that night. At one point, he fired a shot at an Evans police officer and fled.

Police located him again, and the deadly shooting took place after Greeley police said he raised his weapon at them.
http://kdvr.com/2016/05/04/police-body-cam-video-shows-fatal-shooting-of-suspect/

was killed and the video clip does not show the shooting.

So the news article is fucking worthless then.

The entire clip the district attorney released is graphic and shows the suspect during and after the shooting.

Where is this video viewable at? The media site you linked is trying to play morality police and shield me from the news instead of doing it's fucking job.
[doublepost=1462603821,1462603684][/doublepost]
The DA's report said police encountered Miller more than once that night.

Wonder what the nature of these other incidents were. Very fishy.

At one point, he fired a shot at an Evans police officer and fled.

What led to that shooting i wonder, if it's even true.

Sounds like these cops had it out for this dude and hunted him that night.

Back