• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
Compassionate employees at the Jackson County Dog Pound in Ohio are nursing a wounded dog back to health after a disturbing arrow shooting.

"You can see he's a very sweet dog," said Deb Fout, Jackson County Dog Warden. Not only is the dog sweet, but trusting -- an odd concept given everything he has been through.

"When you see them thin like this you have to wonder what kind of life did he have prior to this," Fout said. He may not have a life at all if it weren't for two hikers who spotted him in the woods Monday.

They found him in the Cooper Hollow area with an arrow through his body. "When we actually saw him laying there we thought he was dead," said Fout. "We went up to him and he barely lifted his head."

A vet who later operated on the dog believes the arrow may have been inside him for more than a day.

Fout believes a hunter likely got mad at the dog for scaring off a deer and shot him.

"This thing right here is razor sharp," said Fout, showing WSAZ the arrow that was removed from the dog's torso.

The pair who found the dog, along with two people from the pound, carried the pup on a stretcher almost a mile out of the woods.

"I thought for sure he was going to be almost dead or bleeding out or something like that," said Dr. Laura Perry. "His name really suits him."

After taking X-rays, Perry said the arrow went through the dog's shoulder blades and through his spine. It did not hit anything vital and Perry believes he will make a full recovery, calling it nothing short of a miracle.

The pound employees named the dog "Lucky David." The meaning behind the lucky part is pretty obvious.

Based on Lucky David's condition, his rescuers believe he was either a stray or a not well-cared for pet before he was shot.

http://www.wsaz.com/content/news/Dog-named-Lucky-David-after-surviving-arrow-shooting-457831463.html

Aww... I watched the video at the link and he seems like an absolute sweetheart of a dog (and I'm not even a dog person). I hope he heals completely and finds a super loving forever home. So glad the people who found him were kind and made sure he was rescued and safe.

Back