• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Whisper

#byefelicia
2ro2wyr.jpg

Alex Adamowicz​
A 21-year-old man has been charged with the murder of his neighbor, 51-year-old John Watson.

Watson was found inside the suspect's home
[...]
Police say Watson's neck and wrists were slit and that his body was wrapped in cellophane and stuffed in a closet approximately two or three weeks ago.
[....]
Alex Adamowicz, and Watson had a disagreement about Watson's loud music and began to argue in Adamowicz's apartment downstairs. Authorities say Adamowicz grabbed a knife and killed Watson.

"He stated that he had tried to conceal the body by wrapping it up in cellophane in an attempt to bury that individual," says Walled Lake Police Det. Anthony Noble. The body remained in his closet instead for weeks.
[....]
Adamowicz's mother visited her son recently and was concerned about an odor. So, when she came to pick him up on Mother's Day, she brought carpet cleaner and opened the closet containing Watson's body.

Police say she asked her son what she was hiding and then drove him to the Wixom Police Department where he confessed to the crime.

Family says Watson worked as a cook at a restaurant in Walled Lake. She and his coworkers had been searching for him.

Adamowicz works at a pizza shop and had been arrested in April for drunken driving in Novi, but had no prior violent record
[...]
http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/story/25507187/man-21-charged-with-neighbors-murder#ixzz31eXkRqv5
2ic2r0z.jpg

John Watson​

Adamowicz's mother visited her son recently and was concerned about an odor. So, when she came to pick him up on Mother's Day, she brought carpet cleaner and opened the closet containing Watson's body.
Happy Mother's Day mom!!!

Just like a boy, making a mess just so his mama can find it and clean it up. Happy Mothers Day indeed. Could've at least sprayed some air freshener. Or maybe this was his way of getting out of hanging with his mom on Mothers Day for the next forever?

:sarcasm:
perhaps he was just trying to chill a while (weeks) after all that exhausting work of killing and wrapping then moving and hiding (failed) of the body.He had yet to come up with the motivation to actually bury him still. . . and when u live in a smelly place (like my hometown even) you tend to become immune to the odor. lol. maybe he forgot about the body all together. like they say, . . outta sight, outta mind. . . .then when his mom asked him he'd been like, oh ya, thats where i left him. . . .i've been meaning to get around to . . . . . . .thhaaat. . . .lol

This sounds like the scene out of a movie...I am proud of the mother for standing up to her son and making him do the right thing. I can't imagine what she is going through. She had to know he might go to prison the rest of his life...and still managed to drive him by her self.

This is a very sad and unfortunate event for both the Watson and Adamowicz families. Alex's mother is a sweet woman and she sure didn't deserve this. I don't need to name names but I am someone close to the family and I hope this all clears up soon. Not just for Alex but also for his mother, brother, sister, grandparents and the rest of the family. Let's just say that we're all in shock.

This is a very sad and unfortunate event for both the Watson and Adamowicz families. Alex's mother is a sweet woman and she sure didn't deserve this. I don't need to name names but I am someone close to the family and I hope this all clears up soon. Not just for Alex but also for his mother, brother, sister, grandparents and the rest of the family. Let's just say that we're all in shock.
clears up soon how? is there doubt that he killed the neighbor?

No there's no doubt of that. We just wonder about the circumstances. The thought is self defense as Mr. Watson attacked Alex with a baseball bat. Being a scared 20 year old could make him do stupid things. But alas, the only way this can be cleared up is in court. We'll find out soon enough I guess. My prayers are with both families.

No there's no doubt of that. We just wonder about the circumstances. The thought is self defense as Mr. Watson attacked Alex with a baseball bat. Being a scared 20 year old could make him do stupid things. But alas, the only way this can be cleared up is in court. We'll find out soon enough I guess. My prayers are with both families.

lol @ self-defense.

He should've called the cops. To me, hiding the body in the closet does not scream self defense.

That's where the scared 20 year old part comes in. I am sure that you have never killed anyone. So you really don't know what you would actually do. Yes, hiding him in a closet looks bad but that moment when you realize that your life could be over before you even got to live it, you panic. Anybody can say what they would do but it's completely different when you're actually faced with the situation. I could say that if I was in Afghanistan or Iraq, I'd go all Rambo but let's face it, I really wouldn't. He's innocent until proven guilty.

That's where the scared 20 year old part comes in. I am sure that you have never killed anyone. So you really don't know what you would actually do. Yes, hiding him in a closet looks bad but that moment when you realize that your life could be over before you even got to live it, you panic. Anybody can say what they would do but it's completely different when you're actually faced with the situation. I could say that if I was in Afghanistan or Iraq, I'd go all Rambo but let's face it, I really wouldn't. He's innocent until proven guilty.

Of course I haven't killed a person, silly. Neither have you but I doubt you would hide a body in a closet either.

I'm not saying he's guilty of anything. I'm just saying hiding a dead body that he claims was killed in self-defense in a closet doesn't scream self defense to me.

A 20 year old actually is a scared kid. At 20, you're legally an adult but let's face it, you have very little life experience. So you're not fully grown and if you knew Alex's background like I do, you'd understand. It's a fact that Alex didn't go up to the guys house to kill him. Alex asked him to turn the music down, the guy responded by attacking him with a baseball bat, Alex defended himself. This wasn't premeditated. It wasn't a thrill kill. He had no intentions of doing anything besides asking tge guy to turn down the radio.

A 20 year old actually is a scared kid. At 20, you're legally an adult but let's face it, you have very little life experience. So you're not fully grown and if you knew Alex's background like I do, you'd understand. It's a fact that Alex didn't go up to the guys house to kill him. Alex asked him to turn the music down, the guy responded by attacking him with a baseball bat, Alex defended himself. This wasn't premeditated. It wasn't a thrill kill. He had no intentions of doing anything besides asking tge guy to turn down the radio.

The guy attacked him with a bat, but the scared 20 year old slit the guys wrist and neck, then wrapped him in cellophane and chucked him in the closet?

Yeah, that screams self-defense.

The guy attacked him with a bat, but the scared 20 year old slit the guys wrist and neck, then wrapped him in cellophane and chucked him in the closet?

Yeah, that screams self-defense.
:stop: Only God knows what he was thinking, only God can judge him.

You guys....killing is BAD but if someone is coming at you with a bat are you going to ask for a time-out so you can make a call?

I DON'T know the circumstances, I'm just saying that the whole Flight or Fight thing is different for everyone. And there are consequences depending on how the "fight" went down. Personally, I'd run. I think I'm a flier before a fighter, but everyone reacts different in a scary situation. Also, if I DID fight....I think I'd call the cops after.

I think the secondary issue here is that he tried to hide what he did.

You guys....killing is BAD but if someone is coming at you with a bat are you going to ask for a time-out so you can make a call?

I DON'T know the circumstances, I'm just saying that the whole Flight or Fight thing is different for everyone. And there are consequences depending on how the "fight" went down. Personally, I'd run. I think I'm a flier before a fighter, but everyone reacts different in a scary situation. Also, if I DID fight....I think I'd call the cops after.

I think the secondary issue here is that he tried to hide what he did.

Which is what I'm saying. I don't know if he's guilty or not. Even if it is self-defense, why try to hide the body?

Call the cops and let them sort it out. But hide the body?

there is no doubt that alexs mother and family didnt deserve this. neither did i or my children. my uncle was one of my best friends and had a huge heart. just like alex he wasnt violant. i will not share facts of the case because its an active case. but unlike you i have read his confession and seen the evidence he took a life period

there is no doubt that alexs mother and family didnt deserve this. neither did i or my children. my uncle was one of my best friends and had a huge heart. just like alex he wasnt violant. i will not share facts of the case because its an active case. but unlike you i have read his confession and seen the evidence he took a life period
I'm confused, is someone defending him?

I'm confused, is someone defending him?
No...I think what's going on is cdraz11 is Adam's niece/nephew & they're all just broken hearted, plus they know he's guilty.

The statement wasn't filled with information, but was far more sane that the defenders that stroll through occasionally.

I'm pretty sure that @cdraz11 is a relative of the victim. Not a relative of Alex.

Sorry for your loss :( It's not only tragic that you lost your Uncle, but how he was treated after his death.

I just found this update from a few days ago:
Exam ordered for Walled Lake man accused of killing neighbor, keeping corpse in closet
July 9th 2014
A sanity hearing was ordered Wednesday for a Walled Lake man charged with killing a neighbor and then storing the man’s corpse in a bedroom closet.

Alex Adamowicz, 21, is charged with open murder in the killing of John Watson, 51, whose body was found on Mother’s Day by Adamowicz’s mother during a visit to her son’s apartment. She became suspicious of his unusual behavior and a strong odor coming from a closet.[...]

Novi 52-1 District Judge Dennis Powers ordered the forensic review for Adamowicz to determine whether he is criminally responsible for his actions and able to stand trial.

Adamowicz is next scheduled to be in court on July 22 for a review of results and possible examination to determine if there is sufficient evidence to bind the matter over to Oakland Circuit Court for trial.

The Detroit News: http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20140709/METRO02/307090099#ixzz37CptPguu

Back