• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

cubby

Live Long and Prosper
Bold Member!
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/breaking/ct-skyway-shooting-lisa-fisher-20170623-story.html

Fisher had plans to spend time with Christopher Pena, whom she had known for about five months. He picked her up from her longtime job at O’Hare International Airport late Tuesday and took her to her Broadview home, where she changed and saw her family.

"Everything seemed normal," said her oldest son, 30-year-old Leon Williams. "There was no indication that she was in any kind of trouble.

"She got in the car, and I'm sad to say that was the last time I saw her alive," Williams said. "She said, 'See you in the morning.' "

But something was wrong by the time the couple pulled up to a toll booth on the Chicago Skyway at 87th Street around 4:10 a.m. Wednesday, according to police. While Pena dug for change, Fisher told the toll worker in a low voice, "Help me."

As the red Chrysler 300 slowly passed through the gate, Fisher jumped out and Pena followed, letting the car roll away, police said. He fired and Fisher fell, then he stood over her and fired more, police said. As an officer approached, he raised the gun to his head and pulled the trigger. Both were pronounced dead at the scene.

The two had met at Fisher’s second job, where she and Pena drove school buses and began dating, according to Fisher's identical twin sister, Lynda Fisher-Brown. Fisher had decided to break it off, but Fisher-Brown didn't know if she had told Pena yet.

“Whatever happened, happened in the car," she said. "I know my sister and she would not have gotten in that car if she thought she was in danger."

Fisher, 49, supported her family while working two jobs, Fisher-Brown said. She lived in Broadview with her two sons, her 8-year-old grand-daughter Giada and a daughter-in-law. Fisher-Brown lived next door, and the twins spoke nearly every day.

For the past 13 years, Fisher was a fleet service clerk for Envoy Air Inc., an air carrier owned by American. Her co-workers called her LeeLee.

Fisher didn't "do drama," her son said. “She wasn’t that kind of person. She never really had an issue with anything. She never had any trouble. She was very loving. ... This is a total shock.’’

Back