• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Marv

Trusted Member
These dramatic pictures show the moment a family were forced to flee their car seconds before it burst into flames – in the middle of a lion enclosure.

The mother and her two children were visiting Longleat Safari Park in Wiltshire when the 4x4 overheated and smoke started pouring from the engine.

They were forced to abandon the smoking vehicle and had no option but to flee to the lion enclosure, which is home to 12 adult lions.
[...]

A spokesman for Longleat said the trio were transferred to a ranger's vehicle and the park was temporarily closed while firefighters extinguished the blaze.
[...]

‘The lions were cleared from the enclosure and the safari park was closed. A route was cleared for the fire engine, which arrived quickly and extinguished the fire.

‘In total the safari park was closed for 15 minutes.

‘No-one was injured in any way and no lions were hurt.

‘The vehicle has now been safely removed and the safari park has fully reopened to visitors.

article-2608443-1D31DD8800000578-58_634x598.jpg

article-2608443-1D31E43400000578-3_634x567.jpg

''I wanted BBQ!''

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...flames-safari-park-middle-LION-ENCLOSURE.html

@Abroad thans for pointing it out. Makes the picture kind of poignant.
That's one big ass fire and I'm sure it stunk to high heavens. Maybe she is lying in the bluebells to cover the stench. Raaaawr!

Forget "between a rock and a hard place"; from now on it's "between a car on fire and a pack of lions"! Of all the ways I do NOT want to go...

He was just beginning to gather bluebells for garnish when he discovered he had been cheated of his high tea this afternoon.

These dramatic pictures show the moment a family were forced to flee their car seconds before it burst into flames – in the middle of a lion enclosure.

The mother and her two children were visiting Longleat Safari Park in Wiltshire when the 4x4 overheated and smoke started pouring from the engine.

They were forced to abandon the smoking vehicle and had no option but to flee to the lion enclosure, which is home to 12 adult lions.

What are the odds that they're Asian?

wait-a-minute-asian-drivers-demotivational-poster-1269465351.jpg

I feel like this story could have easily been altered and turned into a horror story about a mother and two children abandoned in a lion exhibit fighting to make it out alive after thier tour guide was torn to pieces moments after the fire. The lions being in a blood lust stage after enjoying the first live human meat they have ever had. Just saying.... it has potential.

This happened at Longleat? I used to watch the BBC docu series on that religiously.

Maybe they'll do a 'very special episode'!

omg, I went to a safari park once and would never do it again. At least they were no longer letting the monkeys interact with motorists. I would've lost my shit over lions. As it was I thought my car was going to be crushed by cape buffalo when a group of them decided to surround us and we couldn't move. :jawdrop: I was never so happy to leave an "entertainment" venue!

Back