• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.
Sugarfree irony..you are an idiot and a moran. Do you know this mother? You are making your own assumptions without knowing her. I do and she is an upstanding model citizen. She had no idea this monster would do that or even had the guts to do it. He was always all talk. A coward that hid behind a shotgun. And yes the mother and child's father is raising the young daughter. Keep your mouth shut unless you know the facts, which appatently you don't. By the way moron, the step-grandpa is in prison for Murder...idiot

A Moran , I always thought I was Irish , but I learn something new everyday ;) . I have not had a relative die for protecting me from my STUPID , DANGEROUS taste in dicks . Step dad may be in prison , but I'm sure there is another just like him waiting to comfort a stupid grieving mom/grandma . Hopefully the grandchild won't have to pay with her life for grandma's choices like her mom did .

I have always felt the amount of information that could be gleaned by taking the high road would be a hell of a lot more interesting than reading the tit-for-tat insults we've seen for a decade.
:woot: does that mean I can continue with my Neg-IQ research?
May I? May I?... Please please please pleeeaaassseee??? say yes say yes say yes pppplllleeeassseee????

Sugarfree irony..you are an idiot and a moran. Do you know this mother? You are making your own assumptions without knowing her. I do and she is an upstanding model citizen. She had no idea this monster would do that or even had the guts to do it. He was always all talk. A coward that hid behind a shotgun. And yes the mother and child's father is raising the young daughter. Keep your mouth shut unless you know the facts, which appatently you don't. By the way moron, the step-grandpa is in prison for Murder...idiot

MORON YOU IDIOT...EVER HEARD OF TYPOS?

MORON ---ever heard of a typo? Geez

Comments then....I could send you stats for the area. Better yet, look them up yourself because they really don't have anything to do this this incident.

I know I'm late to the party, but.... Question.... Why must you reply in rainbow? Are you a fucking leprechaun?

Oh and I thought I'd help you out a bit..... moron - spelled with an O - idiot...... fool, ass, halfwit, dunce, dolt, ignoramus, cretin, moron, imbecile, simpleton... just a few other words to help broaden your vocabulary and get your point across. (You seem to be stuck...) You're welcome! :smug:

The woman under discussion was guilty of no crime as far as we know. She may have made bad life choices, but we don't even know the full reasons behind those. So we do not have enough information to label her for definite as one of the "bad guys", deserving of attack.

I was with you on trying to be nice to our guest but I can't get behind you on this one Hagar.... If a mom dates a drug dealer and a rival dealer shows up and shoots mom's kid would we say she is blameless? Or those mom's that bring RSOes around their kids, are they blameless when their child is raped? I mean they didn't break the law they just made bad life choices... This woman married an abusive man who eventually killed her child, we see it on here every day, this woman's child just happened to make it until adulthood.... I'm hoping that the woman that was killed never brought her daughter around grandma and step grandpa, that would tell her daughter that, that type of behavior was acceptable.

My ex sister in law is an abusive parent(sadly cps is fucking useless), my girls don't see her because I don't want them to think her behavior is acceptable and that she's a safe person, it also sends her the message that we don't except her behavior.q

....feels he is everyone's intellectual better because he takes four paragraphs to make a point that can be summed up in one sentence...

Wasn't going to respond to this because this thread is not - and should not be - about me. But there appears to be a misconception here that I nevertheless ought to clarify. You are confusing verbosity with arrogance.

I do not feel myself to be intellectually superior to most people here.

"Only God can judge" ?????? Well, then we'll just throw all the laws away, open the prisons, close police stations and courthouses! Because only God can judge.

I have to say I thought this:

So Mama lived with an abusive asshole, who she apparently supported financially for years, and only now was going to leave him? While she may be a lovely person, she has a history of at least one epically bad choice that left her child (albeit an adult one) dead, and therefore oughtn't be raising another child.

... was a perfectly reasonable summing up of this:

No need to explain the living situation. I pray the mother of this poor murdered beautiful woman finds peace. Lord knows she deserves it! This man was abusive and it isn't always easy to get out of that sort of relationship. Abuse is NEVER okay! The subhuman who did this was a parasite. He didn't contribute to the household. Everything they owned was in the mother's name. She slaved while he enjoyed a live of leisure. The mother was in the process of leaving.... She rented a house before the incident and was leaving him...damnit! For too many guys, a marriage is more of a purchase agreement. Coward "men" who terrorize women are usually wimps that would never have the guts to treat other men in the same fashion. Wimps cannot co-exist in violent offender wings of prisons with true criminals. I take comfort that these subhuman garbage women abusers usually get what's coming to them in a real prison with true hard-hitting ruthless gangsters. However, it's a shame that it has to get to that point and defenseless women have to suffer.

The above post actually contains much that a lot of regular Denizens would subscribe to, if only it had been served without the side order of special pleading.

She leaves behind a young daughter . Hopefully the child will not be raised by Grandma and step-grandpa .
For the record this is the post that brought getfactstraight1 in. The Grandma was also a victim here. I'm sure she's feeling bad enough without people blaming her for the death of her daughter.

GFS1, please come back when you're not feeling so emotional and help us get the facts straight.

Here's another article, with a video of witness interviews.
http://www.wdsu.com/news/local-news...ing-identified-as-victims-stepfather/31016668
[...]
Kring was with Lindsey Crain, Thursday night, when Crain received a text from her mother.

"It just said 'help' and she knew exactly what that meant," Kring said.

The two women and another friend drove to the home on General Collins Avenue from Kring's home in Westwego.

"She (Lindsey) was hysterical the whole time, I kept trying to calm her down," said Kring.

When the arrived at the house in the 1500 blk Kring never could have expected what happened next.

"I seen him walk out the door with a shotgun in his hand," Kring said.

According to her, the man holding the gun was Abbie Head, 62, Crain's step-father.

"Then I heard one shot go off," said Kring. "My friend and I ran across the street to the neighbor's banging on the door, then I heard the second shot."

Moments later, she heard the screams of Crain's mother-- as she stood over her daughter's body[...]
It's really, really sad.

another article
http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/2015/01/coroner_identifies_28-year-old.html

An Algiers man was sentenced to 40 years in prison Tuesday (Jan. 23), after he pleaded guilty to fatally shooting his stepdaughter as she tried to intervene in a domestic dispute three years ago, according to the Orleans Parish District Attorney's office.

Abbie Head, 65, pleaded guilty to manslaughter during a pre-trial hearing, averting his scheduled trial on a charge of second-degree murder in the death of 28-year-old Lindsey Crain, Orleans Parish court records show. Head also pleaded guilty to obstruction of justice and aggravated assault with a firearm in the January 2015 slaying.

The plea agreement, which included the 40-year prison sentence for Head, was struck with the consent of Lindsey Crain's mother, according to DA Leon Cannizzaro's office.

Head killed Crain with a shotgun the night of Jan. 29, 2015, gunning her down in an Algiers driveway as she tried to intervene in a dispute between Head and her mother.

The victim's mother was working to leave Head after what she described as nearly a decade of abuse and intensifying threats of violence by her husband, according to the mother's interviews with NOLA.com|The Times-Picayune in the days following Lindsey Crain's death.
http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/2018/01/algiers_man_pleads_guilty_to_k.html#incart_river_index
Lindsey%20Crain.jpg

@Keepalowprofile The following error occurred:
This member limits who may view their full profile.

Huh. /Doesn't read it, then...

Seemingly LITERALLY everybody blocked. :fish:

I am late to this, since I've only encountered it when I just searched my cousin's name, and I specifically got an account so I can say a few things.

First of all, hello. My name is Shae Crain and I'm Lindsey's first cousin. I appreciate those sharing her story and would like to let you all know that as of a few weeks ago, AJ (my aunt's ex-husband) was finally convicted and will be spending the rest of his life in Angola prison.

Now, for my next reason in my reaching out to you all- if you were one of the users that happened to read of my aunt and her abusive husband, took the few facts that the news gave you, and then proceeded to spew such cruel, ignorant, and cold hearted statements regarding her ability in caring for her granddaughter...you should be ashamed of yourselves. Honestly, I can't really say much other than how dare you.

How dare you hide behind the veil of the internet to act like it is okay to judge someone that you do not even know. You were not there. You weren't around. He never threatened you, pointed a gun at you, manipulated and gaslighted you. You are an observer in this. You are not the one whose daughter died in your arms after she saved your life.

You'd figure that it'd be easy to leave someone like that, and berate others when you have luckily never been in such a situation. Do you all know why Lindsey came to her that night? He found out that my aunt was leaving him so he was holding her hostage with a loaded shotgun and a .357 magnum.

I thought about the other ways this could have turned out, as well. If she left without him knowing, he would have come after her. He was crazy. My aunt lived in a perpetual state of terror that none of us were aware of because he isolated her from her other family and made it look like she hated us. I didn't know the full story.

For my aunt's sake, I truly hope that she never manages to stumble upon this forum. Even though she has been defended by some other users, and I deeply appreciate that from the bottom of my heart, it is the last thing that she, as a victim, needs to see. Even if it is three years later.

I know it is the internet, yall, but please, think of the repercussions of sounding out your opinion regarding something like this. Or make this thread private or something.

Last edited:
Thank you for the update, @nephilaclavipes.

I hope the conclusion of the court proceedings allows everybody to move on with their lives.

P.S. I have to add that we are entirely reliant on what the news tells us for the impressions we get of the people in the stories treated here, - what the news tells us and what little visitors like yourself deign to offer. And you should know that there are plenty of different reasons for people coming here. Many of the regular posters are the relatives of victims or were victims themselves at some point, so you shouldn't assume that people here have never been in situations heart-breakingly similar to what happened here. Wishing everybody who survived happy and fulfilling lives ......

Last edited:
@nephilaclavipes, we aren't a court of law. We can really judge all we want.

As Abroad said, many of us are victims. Largely it's our pain and disgust that does the speaking.

And since the story is public, this thread remains public.

I know it is the internet, yall, but please, think of the repercussions of sounding out your opinion regarding something like this. Or make this thread private or something.
This thread is private (or something, at least), because we do not promote our views outside our threads. For anyone to get upset with our views, that person would have to intentionally come here and read our comments. No one is forcing anyone to hear our comments to each other. So, unless you want to give us some new facts that was not disseminated by the media, we will continue to comment on the information given us. If you want to be mad at anyone, be mad at the media who promotes the stories (that may or may not be accurate) that we comment on, not us.

I am late to this, since I've only encountered it when I just searched my cousin's name, and I specifically got an account so I can say a few things.

First of all, hello. My name is Shae Crain and I'm Lindsey's first cousin. I appreciate those sharing her story and would like to let you all know that as of a few weeks ago, AJ (my aunt's ex-husband) was finally convicted and will be spending the rest of his life in Angola prison.

Now, for my next reason in my reaching out to you all- if you were one of the users that happened to read of my aunt and her abusive husband, took the few facts that the news gave you, and then proceeded to spew such cruel, ignorant, and cold hearted statements regarding her ability in caring for her granddaughter...you should be ashamed of yourselves. Honestly, I can't really say much other than how dare you.

How dare you hide behind the veil of the internet to act like it is okay to judge someone that you do not even know. You were not there. You weren't around. He never threatened you, pointed a gun at you, manipulated and gaslighted you. You are an observer in this. You are not the one whose daughter died in your arms after she saved your life.

You'd figure that it'd be easy to leave someone like that, and berate others when you have luckily never been in such a situation. Do you all know why Lindsey came to her that night? He found out that my aunt was leaving him so he was holding her hostage with a loaded shotgun and a .357 magnum.

I thought about the other ways this could have turned out, as well. If she left without him knowing, he would have come after her. He was crazy. My aunt lived in a perpetual state of terror that none of us were aware of because he isolated her from her other family and made it look like she hated us. I didn't know the full story.

For my aunt's sake, I truly hope that she never manages to stumble upon this forum. Even though she has been defended by some other users, and I deeply appreciate that from the bottom of my heart, it is the last thing that she, as a victim, needs to see. Even if it is three years later.

I’m sincerely sorry for your pain.

How did Lindsey know she was being held hostage? I ask because it brings back memories.When my daughter was about a month old, my husband was working afternoons one evening and the phone rang. It was my mother, and she told me that her (alcoholic, abusive) boyfriend was holding a gun to her head and she needed help. It was an urgent situation, but I remember being annoyed that she called me when it was the police she needed.

Now, there aren’t too many moms like my mom (thank god), but I had to get a sitter and go to the police station in her town. Of course she went right back to him. I do understand domestic violence very well, but it wasn’t that straight forward with my mentally ill, also abusive mother. Too much to get into here, but the bottom line is I told her never to bother me with anything like that again, and if she was going to insist on living a highly dramatic, volatile lifestyle she could count me out and she wouldn’t see her granddaughter either. I know I sound terrible, but she put all of us children through a lot of severe abuse and was one of the meanest people I ever met.

Anyway, I got off topic. I’m sure Lindsey’s mom was nothing like my mom, but there are some similarities. Mainly, it should NEVER have been Lindsey’s job to rescue her mother- EVER!

Btw, I do know about manipulation, gaslighting and all that. Our lives were extremely chaotic and physically, mentally and sexually violent. One highlight- when my older brother was 16, she manipulated him into stabbing my father, and my father almost died. The violence was incessant. I want to say that I was raised by wolves, but that would be unfair to wolves.

The reason I went on so much is because I want you to understand that many of us have personal experiences and far more insight into violence and victimization than I think you realize. As has been stated, quite a few here have been victimized or are close to someone who has been victimized.

Last edited:
Ignorant bullshit

The mother in this story chose an abusive shitstain over her daughter. She kept this violent man in her familys life for a decade it says. The person who ultimately paid for it was her daughter.

This woman deserves disdain and criticism. Fact.

Back