• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Jessiesgirl1108

Chameleon
A convicted sex offender was reportedly run over by his girlfriend after she allegedly caught him abusing a 12-year-old girl.
James Oliver, 48, was left with a serious leg injury after being allegedly hit by a car driven by Linda Currier, 53.

[...]

They said that the pair had argued inside the home after Currier caught him allegedly trying to sexually assault the young girl, authorities said.
The dispute moved outside the home and then Currier allegedly hit Oliver with the car - he was taken to hospital.
The 12-year-old girl did not require medical attention, officials said.
Currier was arrested for operating under the influence and aggravated assault - she was later released on bail pending a court appearance.

Oliver was arrested on his release from hospital and charged with attempted gross sexual assault, unlawful sexual touching and failing to comply with the sex offender registration act for not updating his address.
On Tuesday he was transferred to a state prison where he was being held pending a court appearance.
Oliver was previously convicted of sexual abuse of a minor and rape, according to the Maine Sex Offender Registry
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...rlfriend-caught-abusing-12-year-old-girl.html

Too bad she didn't kill him...

I say that with the additional note of: If the allegations are true, then... Too bad she didn't kill him.

I was all ready to come here and cheer her, until I read that this guy was already a convicted sex offender. WTF, why was she letting him in the home with her child in the first place? Stupid, stupid, stupid.

Especially considering this, from the original source post:
"Oliver was previously convicted of sexual abuse of a minor and rape, according to the Maine Sex Offender Registry."

I was all ready to come here and cheer her, until I read that this guy was already a convicted sex offender. WTF, why was she letting him in the home with her child in the first place? Stupid, stupid, stupid.

Especially considering this, from the original source post:
"Oliver was previously convicted of sexual abuse of a minor and rape, according to the Maine Sex Offender Registry."

Bingo. I had my cursor right over the "Awesome" in the article rating until I hit that part.

I wonder if she just didn't know? Or even to think to look him up?

I know if I had kids I would be getting their background checks....IDC how attractive you are

I know if I had kids I would be getting their background checks
I always say this and have been called out on it. I got the paid one on my husband, he knows that I did. We laugh about it now but he totally understands, I have 3 sons that I have to protect no matter what.

I use to date a guy who seemed like a catch. Then I started noticing behavior that made me concerned. Did a background check and Voila! He was a sex offender, forcible rape. Confronted him with it and he lied and denied. Fuck that, I moved, changed my phone number, everything.

I have to say, it's easy for us hens who sit around reading articles like this all day to be surprised when a woman doesn't background check a boyfriend...

...But the overwhelming majority of women don't. Should they? Sure. But it's just not something that crosses most people's minds.

Maybe I'm the optimist around here (which means you people are seriously skewed, I have to point out), but I'm going to venture to guess that this woman's position was not, "It's cool that you raped someone else's daughter, but leave your hands off mine." Yeah, we've seen that before, but those women aren't suddenly moved to hit the dude with a car under those circumstances.

I have to say, it's easy for us hens who sit around reading articles like this all day to be surprised when a woman doesn't background check a boyfriend...

...But the overwhelming majority of women don't. Should they? Sure. But it's just not something that crosses most people's minds.

Maybe I'm the optimist around here (which means you people are seriously skewed, I have to point out), but I'm going to venture to guess that this woman's position was not, "It's cool that you raped someone else's daughter, but leave your hands off mine." Yeah, we've seen that before, but those women aren't suddenly moved to hit the dude with a car under those circumstances.

I agree with most of this, and hell, I'm an admitted fatalist, so you probably ARE more optimistic than me.

But she didn't even have to purchase an actual background check. This was on her state's sexual offender registry. Which I'm assuming (if it's like my state) is free and as simple as a quick Google search to access.

People these days look up potential paramours on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc... why not look a little further into something not totally controlled by the person in question? Social media can be easily skewed to make you seem like any type of person at all. Can't do that with your arrest record.

I agree with most of this, and hell, I'm an admitted fatalist, so you probably ARE more optimistic than me.

But she didn't even have to purchase an actual background check. This was on her state's sexual offender registry. Which I'm assuming (if it's like my state) is free and as simple as a quick Google search to access.

People these days look up potential paramours on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc... why not look a little further into something not totally controlled by the person in question? Social media can be easily skewed to make you seem like any type of person at all. Can't do that with your arrest record.

I don't disagree with you one bit. I'm just saying that most people don't. It's not nearly as common as we'd like it to be. The arrogance of believing we can tell a good person from a bad person is inherently human. Most people learn that you can never truly know a person the hard way.

I don't disagree with you one bit. I'm just saying that most people don't. It's not nearly as common as we'd like it to be. The arrogance of believing we can tell a good person from a bad person is inherently human. Most people learn that you can never truly know a person the hard way.

I know, it's true. There was a story last week in my town about a sexual predator who abused 2 siblings. He'd even told the parents that he was on the registry (!!!!)... but said it was a Romeo/Juliet thing, and they believed him. Never checked it out for themselves to see that he'd actually abused a minor. And they gave him unsupervised access with their children. They're going to have to live with that forever now. As will their kids, unfortunately.

It's just so stupid- it's difficult for me to accept that people are *that* blindly trusting. They need to do some reading around here.

Too bad she didn't kill him...

I say that with the additional note of: If the allegations are true, then... Too bad she didn't kill him.

I am thinking that if she would have stabbed him to death right there in the house the moment she found out about the abuse that she wouldn't be under arrest.

Hope she gets off. I'd happily sit in a cell with a big fuckin smile on my face if someone did that to my daughter !

Doesn't matter if most don't. If that's true, then "most" are fucking idiots and are clearly too irresponsible to have children. Dumb bitch brought a man around her young child, she should have taken every realistic step to ensure that child was safe and that man was safe. She didn't. You can call it optimism, i'll call it stupidity and/or irresponsibility, might call it laziness as well. Dumb bimbo got her daughter raped, sad fact of this story.

As someone else mentioned, it wouldn't have taken a full background check to uncover the danger with this man as he was on the state offender registry.

No excuse for this parents lack of parenting.

One of the most incredible single moms I ever met in my life...had the attitude that she wasn't date able. She was smart and pretty and fun, but she had this belief that the only men who would be interested in her would be predators...she was really afraid of it. Single moms are pretty easy targets.

One of the most incredible single moms I ever met in my life...had the attitude that she wasn't date able. She was smart and pretty and fun, but she had this belief that the only men who would be interested in her would be predators...she was really afraid of it. Single moms are pretty easy targets.

Not if they come packin' :p

I know nothing of arrogance.:rolleyes: Or stupidity:rolleyes:. You are completely right. Wow looks who's drinking the Athena Kool-Aid... My legs are going numb as I type, I probably won't be waking up tomorrow, so it was nice knowing you all!

The women here almost did a perfect job! She just forgot to back up...

Fuck that...
As women we should be cautious as to who we date, REGARDLESS of having children or not!!!

After my husband left almost a year ago (to be with someone half his age AND younger than his oldest son... :vomit:) I have started to think about dating. As a parent (and a pretty awesome one at that) I wouldn't even consider letting a man MEET my son, without being CERTAIN that he has no sex or abuse cases first. I will be safe now, not sorry later.

Having a new man meet my son, will be a process that I will make known to any potential relationship. I will explain that for the safety and emotional well being of my child, i will take precautions (yes, ABSOLUTELY including a background check) before he can even think about meeting him. He will be someone I intend on having around long term BEFORE he meets my child. PERIOD.

That being said, a man who has honest intentions in loving me or having a serious relationship with me will understand my reasons, and will be patient with my process. If he can't, then that saves me the whole process cuz, I won't waste my time on his ass. I am certainly not about to drag my son thru my dating process. It will take a pretty awesome man to meet my kid. And while it may scare a few men away- run mother fucker cuz I want no doubts, and no drama around my kid. PERIOD!

I KNOW what kind of person I am, and what kind of parent I am. Being a good parent is not enough. When it comes to mini, he doesnt deserve a good parent- he deserves an exceptional parent. I WONT SETTLE ON BEING LESS THAN THAT!

I cannot for the life of me- not at all- understand how single women with kids would NOT think of their childs safety FIRST. His safety and well being ARE and WILL ALWAYS BE my FIRST priority.

ETA: And once someone has passed the process- and has been given the privilege of meeting my son, I will still be very observant of their interaction. It doesn't stop there. It is MY job to remain watchful and cautious when it comes to him.

Last edited:
Back