• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

China

La Mera Mera
2rcy24k.jpg

A woman is stabbed by her ex-boyfriend and her 11-year-old daughter comes to the rescue, according to police.

An Oklahoma City man is hospitalized after being shot multiple times by the 11-year-old girl.

[...]

After being shot, the suspect ran outside of the home but didn’t get far.

The wounded suspect collapsed in the street and police took him into custody.

The home’s back door is still smashed after the man broke inside and began stabbing his ex-girlfriend.

“He stabbed her in the eye, neck and the chest,” said neighbor Carolyn Marsee.

Seeing the violent assault, neighbors say the victim’s 11-year-old daughter grabbed a gun and shot the attacker multiple times inside the home.

“What she did, the 11-year-old, was amazing,” said Shiree Marsee.

After the shooting police rushed Leonardo Henry, 25, to the hospital and will soon book him into the Oklahoma County jail.

[...]

According to a protective order, the victim claimed Henry “had been molesting (several kids) in the middle of the night for several years.”

The victim added one week ago she “was afraid he is going to hurt her and the children because she reported the abuse.”

[...]

Emma hates to admit it, but says her brother may be guilty of the sexual abuse.

“Kids don’t lie about that stuff,” said Emma.

Given that history, and the violent nature of the assault overnight, Emma believes the little girl had every right to pull the trigger.

“I salute her. It was awesome that she did that for her mom,” said Emma.

“I could care less if he dies, because what he did was very wrong,” said Carolyn.

[...]

As for the girl, it’s not likely she’ll face any charges.

Oklahoma City police say right now the shooting appears to have been completely justified.
http://kfor.com/2014/09/24/okc-police-child-calls-911-saying-mother-was-stabbed/

Bravo to the young girl! I know there's gonna be a lot of healing to do, but saving her mom, wow. Kudos to her.

That little girl saved her mommas life and maybe even her own! I'm really proud of her. Out here and Texas especially rural most children are raised around guns and I believe in responsible gun instruction and use from an early age before they actually get to handle one [and guns kept to where they can't get ahold of them alone or with friends]

Wow. Way to go to the unnamed 11yo hero. That took some real courage to do and some adults might not have had the presence of mind to do the same. He isn't gonna have any credit going into jail. Not only is he accused of molesting little kids he beat up on a woman and got shot multiple times by a little girl. He might as well wear a sign that says imma bitch.

Last edited:
Wooooooe! She might want to think about a career in law enforcement! At least she knows the correct suspect to shoot at and to have the guts to carry it out. Kudos to her. :D I love a happy ending. She saved her mother and possibly herself, and he no longer has access to children! The best part is he got what was coming to him and now Bubba is going to finish serving him the rest of his deserved treatment! :hurting: Love it! :devil:

Emma hates to admit it, but says her brother may be guilty of the sexual abuse.
“Kids don’t lie about that stuff,” said Emma.
Given that history, and the violent nature of the assault overnight, Emma believes the little girl had every right to pull the trigger.
“I salute her. It was awesome that she did that for her mom,” said Emma.

And thank you, Emma. Sorry your brother turned out to be such a waste of space.

Last edited:
The victim added one week ago she “was afraid he is going to hurt her and the children because she reported the abuse.”
I know it's weird to say that this story makes me happy, but it does. Yay for the lady reporting this piece of shit when she found out about the abuse and yay for the little girl for shooting him!

"ms.D, post: 28537, member: 16214"]I know it's weird to say that this story makes me happy, but it does. Yay for the lady reporting this piece of shit when she found out about the abuse and yay for the little girl for shooting him!
It would be weirder If it DIDN'T

for once a story on DD that's more WIN than FAIL . We have a mom that protected her kids, WIN. We have a little girl that shot an attacker and saved her mother and countless others, WIN. We have a sister that instead of defending his nasty ass actually supports the victims, SUPER WIN(super win cause I know it cant be easy to think your own brother is that big of a POS,let alone announce it publicly.)

after rereading this I'm afraid this little girl might have been one of this assholes victims, I really hope not.

Kids DO sometimes lie about this stuff.

Anyways, no doubt this guy deserved what he got and is a total scumbag. Good stuff.

Happy she protected her mom, pray she wasn't on of his victims, and if she WAS then praying as hard as I can that she NEVER feels and guilt or regret for shooting him. I don't know about anyone else but if it were me, I might wonder if I could have protected my mom some other way. I hope that kind of thought never occurs to her because I personally believe she did the right thing.

Kids DO sometimes lie about this stuff.

Anyways, no doubt this guy deserved what he got and is a total scumbag. Good stuff.

Hold the fuck up, :stop: you say kids do lie and then in the second sentence you said he got what he deserved, so are your personalities having a clash there?

In this case more than 1 said he molested them, are you saying more than 1 kid lies about the same pedophile?

Hold the fuck up, :stop: you say kids do lie and then in the second sentence you said he got what he deserved, so are your personalities having a clash there?

In this case more than 1 said he molested them, are you saying more than 1 kid lies about the same pedophile?
I want to defend @JackBurton (on this one). I think he knows that this guy is guilty. I had a close friend that was accused of molesting his daughter. The accusations came about during the divorce. Turned out that mom(and she admitted) told her daughter what to say. I wouldn't go so far as to say "kids lie" but they are told to. Lame thing is I'm not friends with the guy anymore because when I heard the accusations I believed them at first.

I want to defend @JackBurton (on this one). I think he knows that this guy is guilty. I had a close friend that was accused of molesting his daughter. The accusations came about during the divorce. Turned out that mom(and she admitted) told her daughter what to say. I wouldn't go so far as to say "kids lie" but they are told to. Lame thing is I'm not friends with the guy anymore because when I heard the accusations I believed them at first.

There were multiple kids in this case, it's fucked up to say kids DO lie when multiple kids are abused.

Holy smokes genius... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qiw3vVy_eN8

Why don't you put that away for a second?

What does the fact that the womans quoted comment in the article is flat out innaccurate have to do with the fact that this guy deserves what he got for attempting to kill a woman? I never once called into question his guilt. I merely expressed that the woman was incorrect in her belief that "kids never lie about this stuff".

There's been cases where a group of kids have in fact lied about being molested, documentary about it, multiple ones actually.

Witch Hunt is the name of a good one. Surprised, no shocked, someone so into crime news stories is unaware there's been cases like this. Why don't you educate yourself before saying something dumb to me again.

Last edited:
As a mom who had/has safety plans worked out w/the kids, I wondered if she instinctively grabbed the gun and took care of business, or if mom might have discussed a "just in case"/pre-planning scenario with her before. At any rate, I am SO proud of this child. I hope she handles it well emotionally. <3

As a mom who had/has safety plans worked out w/the kids, I wondered if she instinctively grabbed the gun and took care of business, or if mom might have discussed a "just in case"/pre-planning scenario with her before. At any rate, I am SO proud of this child. I hope she handles it well emotionally. <3

Momma might have taken her to a range. She nailed her target & that's better than some cops do in close quarters. Just sayin'!
Whatever the case, kudos kid! You deserve 'em.

Odds are her response was based on observational learning, such as watching countless television/movie scenes that depict gun usage, and not by direct instruction on how to operate a firearm and when to use it.

You're kidding, right?

No, actually I'm not. Aside from her accuracy, there is no reason to believe children her age without direct parental instruction would have no concept of what a gun does, how to fire a gun, and that it can be used to stop a bad guy. Entertainment and gaming provide thousands of reinforcement opportunities for children (and people of any age) to form a concept of shooting and self-defense.

@Kittyskyfish , I remember reading an article years ago that the military was particularly interested in young, new recruits who were gamers b/c of their excellent hand-eye coordination. They put a group of young men & women, 18-21 y.o., in flight and tank simulators as well as on weapon sim. programs, and their scores ranged from above average to superior. Is this part of what you're talking about, or more of a "monkey see, monkey do" mimicry kind of thing?

@Kittyskyfish , I remember reading an article years ago that the military was particularly interested in young, new recruits who were gamers b/c of their excellent hand-eye coordination. They put a group of young men & women, 18-21 y.o., in flight and tank simulators as well as on weapon sim. programs, and their scores ranged from above average to superior. Is this part of what you're talking about, or more of a "monkey see, monkey do" mimicry kind of thing?

It has some relation to "monkey see, monkey do" in that learning takes place through the observation of others in order gain an understanding of the social world, of concepts, and to better fit in during novel situations. Observational learning occurs when a lack of understanding is replaced with new information gained from the environment. It covers how to behave in new situations, what objects mean, how to avoid pain and embarrassment, so many things just gained from observing others. You see on TV a person locked out of their house and try to pick the lock with a paperclip. At some point, if this happens to you, you'll probably fish for a paperclip in your purse too because at a prior point you assimilated "lock pick" into your concept of "paper clip". Watching MacGyver taught us all a dozen new tricks with duct tape. :) Now, those explanations are simplistic. Observational learning is more than just mimicry. It develops and expands pre-existing concepts (referring back to paper clip). And this is where I get back to guns, as a concept.

There are probably people on here who've never seen a gun in person, let alone handle and fire one. But they understand what a gun is, what it can do, and they have a basic understanding of how to make it work - pull the trigger. Just alone through watching television and video games, an object's meaning grows and becomes more complex. Through each observation, we expand our concept of guns and learn how it kills, how people can suffer from it, or how it saves lives. This occurs without ever being explicitly trained or told what to think.

For the person who's never handled a gun but was put in a life/death situation, using the gun would be mimicry "monkey see/monkey do". They may not know how to remove the safety, or shoot well, or what to do if a cartridge jams, but through seeing guns in pretend action, they have a preconceived concept that a gun will fire a bullet and harm or kill a target if the trigger is pulled. A gun can stop a bad person.

Getting back to the girl saving her mother's life, she most likely had a preconceived concept of what guns do as I just mentioned. Her very exposure to popular culture already gave her an understanding that pointing the gun and pulling the trigger at this man could stop him from hurting mom.

Watch a small child play with a new toy gun for the first time. Chances are he'll go "bang, bang!" if his parents ever let him watch cartoons or adult TV. Although now they'll be mimicing laser sounds! "Bzew! Bzew!"

That is enough brain-stuff for one night. lol :jawdrop:;)

@Kittyskyfish , niiiiice post! Personally, I love the brainy stuff. Can't get too nerdy for us knowledge sponges. :)

I remember studying what you're describing in Early Childhood Dev., Psych. & Sociology. In my coursework, much of it was r/t Operant Cond., B.F. Skinner, et al.

You're dead on re: children IME. When I had a boy, I was amazed at how early he picked up something as simple as a stick in the yard, pointed it, and made weapon sounds. And, I was the mom who chose the non-violent cartoons for him during his scheduled TV time.

I'm sure it certainly could be that simple. I'm very impressed with the fact she just picked the gun up, no fear, and used it to stop the attack on her mom instead of hiding, running to get help, etc. At 11 y.o., she has a very good sense of logic and setting priorities, IMO.

It has some relation to "monkey see, monkey do" in that learning takes place through the observation of others in order gain an understanding of the social world, of concepts, and to better fit in during novel situations. Observational learning occurs when a lack of understanding is replaced with new information gained from the environment. It covers how to behave in new situations, what objects mean, how to avoid pain and embarrassment, so many things just gained from observing others. You see on TV a person locked out of their house and try to pick the lock with a paperclip. At some point, if this happens to you, you'll probably fish for a paperclip in your purse too because at a prior point you assimilated "lock pick" into your concept of "paper clip". Watching MacGyver taught us all a dozen new tricks with duct tape. :) Now, those explanations are simplistic. Observational learning is more than just mimicry. It develops and expands pre-existing concepts (referring back to paper clip). And this is where I get back to guns, as a concept.

There are probably people on here who've never seen a gun in person, let alone handle and fire one. But they understand what a gun is, what it can do, and they have a basic understanding of how to make it work - pull the trigger. Just alone through watching television and video games, an object's meaning grows and becomes more complex. Through each observation, we expand our concept of guns and learn how it kills, how people can suffer from it, or how it saves lives. This occurs without ever being explicitly trained or told what to think.

For the person who's never handled a gun but was put in a life/death situation, using the gun would be mimicry "monkey see/monkey do". They may not know how to remove the safety, or shoot well, or what to do if a cartridge jams, but through seeing guns in pretend action, they have a preconceived concept that a gun will fire a bullet and harm or kill a target if the trigger is pulled. A gun can stop a bad person.

Getting back to the girl saving her mother's life, she most likely had a preconceived concept of what guns do as I just mentioned. Her very exposure to popular culture already gave her an understanding that pointing the gun and pulling the trigger at this man could stop him from hurting mom.

Watch a small child play with a new toy gun for the first time. Chances are he'll go "bang, bang!" if his parents ever let him watch cartoons or adult TV. Although now they'll be mimicing laser sounds! "Bzew! Bzew!"

That is enough brain-stuff for one night. lol :jawdrop:;)
Maybe, but as a child that grew up in a household that had guns, I was taught I was not to touch a gun period. Until I was given a pump pellet rifle. I was then TAUGHT how to use that gun, and all the rest in the house. I was still not allowed to touch any gun but the one I was given. My parents told me where the shotgun was (under the bed, no shells in it at all, but was told where they were), where the .22 was (in the closet, in a shoebox under other shoeboxes) This was before every gun had trigger locks, and locks for shotguns. I was about 11 or 12. At 13, A dog attacked our gobbler, it wounded it where one wing was missing, parts of it's entrails were hanging out. I was alone on the farm. I did what needed to be done. I got the .22, shot the turkey in the head, then buried it using our tractor (that proved to be unwise, as we could have eaten it, but my parents didn't say anything about it)
I knew how to run a backhoe tractor, use a gun and how to properly dispose of dead animals by the time of 12 years old. If you have a gun in your house, don't hide it from a child like an issue of Penthouse. Tell the child NO DO NOT TOUCH THIS! IT WILL KILL YOU! When the child shows enough aptitude and responsibility, Show the child how to use it and when.
If I was not alone, I would have had my dad kill the turkey. I just could not let the animal suffer for the next four or five hours until they got home from work.

Maybe, but as a child that grew up in a household that had guns, I was taught I was not to touch a gun period. Until I was given a pump pellet rifle. I was then TAUGHT how to use that gun, and all the rest in the house. I was still not allowed to touch any gun but the one I was given. My parents told me where the shotgun was (under the bed, no shells in it at all, but was told where they were), where the .22 was (in the closet, in a shoebox under other shoeboxes) This was before every gun had trigger locks, and locks for shotguns. I was about 11 or 12. At 13, A dog attacked our gobbler, it wounded it where one wing was missing, parts of it's entrails were hanging out. I was alone on the farm. I did what needed to be done. I got the .22, shot the turkey in the head, then buried it using our tractor (that proved to be unwise, as we could have eaten it, but my parents didn't say anything about it)
I knew how to run a backhoe tractor, use a gun and how to properly dispose of dead animals by the time of 12 years old. If you have a gun in your house, don't hide it from a child like an issue of Penthouse. Tell the child NO DO NOT TOUCH THIS! IT WILL KILL YOU! When the child shows enough aptitude and responsibility, Show the child how to use it and when.
If I was not alone, I would have had my dad kill the turkey. I just could not let the animal suffer for the next four or five hours until they got home from work.
I grew up with guns. My dad taught me the respect that you need to have. It was a part of life. Like you, I couldn't just touch or bring out any gun when I wanted to but I did know where they kept the household defense gun.

Back