• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Snoods

Trusted Member

Wait a second for the video above to load!

sqjtio.jpg

Joshua Eccles is being praised on Facebook after helping a lemon shark that persistently swam toward him in what appeared to be an attempt to ask for help.

He told WPTV of West Palm Beach that the shark was nudging and bumping him, as if signaling something was wrong. Eccles felt compelled to check the shark over and spotted something protruding from its belly.

Chris Maddeford of Emerald Charters captured footage of what happened.

It took two tries, but Eccles finally removed a huge, rusty hook from the lemon shark, earning him accolades from online commenters.

Eccles is no stranger when it comes to working with sharks. His Facebook bio indicates he once worked as a shark feeder at Stuart Cove’s Dive Bahamas, so he obviously knows a thing or two about them.

As for the shark’s wound, Eccles said it “should heal up with no problems.”

http://www.grindtv.com/wildlife/shark-appears-asking-diver-help-gets-video/#pDSXpq4A3rQSH3B0.97

Last edited:
kudos to the diver. People don't realize how many of these sharks are being butchered just for their fins and are left to bleed to death after they are thrown back into the water. I use to love to eat shark steaks from catches my friends made but with the wanton killing even that feels wrong so many have really cut back on fishing for them. Until a federal law makes it illegal in this country and other follow suit tons of life meat and future generations of fish will be wasted just because people make money off of the fins by shipping to China.

kudos to the diver. People don't realize how many of these sharks are being butchered just for their fins and are left to bleed to death after they are thrown back into the water. I use to love to eat shark steaks from catches my friends made but with the wanton killing even that feels wrong so many have really cut back on fishing for them. Until a federal law makes it illegal in this country and other follow suit tons of life meat and future generations of fish will be wasted just because people make money off of the fins by shipping to China.

I actually applied to go on the show Whale Wars. It's comparable to the killing of elephants for their tusks and rhinos for their horns, it's sickening. These animals are not in unlimited supply, they will soon be extinct. There are only three white rhinos left on the planet, all in captivity. One male and two females. Black rhinos are critically endangered. Approximately 40,000 elephants are killed a year. In 2011 one out of every 12 elephants was killed by a poacher, I'm sure that number is much higher now.

Me too! They get such a bad rap. :( They just wanna be sharks.
I know, I always felt bad for them. I also have a thing for wolves and bats and crows/ravens, I remember defending crows when I was a little kid to some woman who was talking about how much she hated them. The only part I remember is her saying they kill smaller birds.. which sent me into a mini (and polite) diatribe about how crows have to eat too... are they supposed to starve? Hawks kill more small birds than crows do. I'm not sure if I won the argument by convincing her, or that she just gave in to my childish tenacity. I was dead set on convincing her.

I know, I always felt bad for them. I also have a thing for wolves and bats and crows/ravens, I remember defending crows when I was a little kid to some woman who was talking about how much she hated them. The only part I remember is her saying they kill smaller birds.. which sent me into a mini (and polite) diatribe about how crows have to eat too... are they supposed to starve? Hawks kill more small birds than crows do. I'm not sure if I won the argument by convincing her, or that she just gave in to my childish tenacity. I was dead set on convincing her.

How awesome, you were a little baby activist! You were correct, hopefully you educated her. All animals are part of the ecosystem somehow. Except for mosquitoes, fuck them. Lol.

How awesome, you were a little baby activist! You were correct, hopefully you educated her. All animals are part of the ecosystem somehow. Except for mosquitoes, fuck them. Lol.
:shy:
I'm sure I annoyed the fuck out of plenty of people.

:shy:
I'm sure I annoyed the fuck out of plenty of people.

When I was little I used to bug the fuck out of the people at our local Walmart to put more water in their fish tanks. They sold those Betta fighting fish and would keep them in little bowls with about two inches of water in them. My mom told me she was going to dress me up in a Betta fish suit and have me protest in front of Walmart lol.

When I was little I used to bug the fuck out of the people at our local Walmart to put more water in their fish tanks. They sold those Betta fighting fish and would keep them in little bowls with about two inches of water in them. My mom told me she was going to dress me up in a Betta fish suit and have me protest in front of Walmart lol.
I really wish she'd done that. And taken photos. You don't want to know how many times my poor mom had to ask, "What is that?"

"Some injured/lost/alone seagull/baby crow/dog/cat/etc I found."

This is fucking stupid. Fish swim, it's just what they do. They mindlessly and instinctively just swim around. A diver being present would only present a curiousity, perhaps about their potential as a food source. IF the shark was intentionally swimming twoards the guy, that's the motivation and interest. Fucking idiots trying to invent some amazing feel good story out of a damn fishing aimlessly swimming around while a diver is merely present. Load of hogwash horseshit.

FUcking idiots.

Back