• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Dakota

FORUM BITCH / Beloved Cunt
Bold Member!
2bzo9f.jpg
Will County Sheriff Paul Kaupas, Elwood Police Chief David Albert and Will County State's Attorney James Glasgow issued a news release Friday announcing the first-degree murder charge against Lee K. Ponshe, 25, of Elwood. Will County lies just south of Chicago.

Albert said Ponshe is charged in the beating death of Halli R. Burton, the 18-month old daughter of Jessi Dunlap and Josh Burton of White Hall.

The child and her mother had lived in White Hall up until Monday, when the woman and her infant daughter moved in with Ponshe after Dunlap struck up a relationship with him over the Internet.

At 7:40 p.m. Wednesday, the Elwood Fire Department responded to a call at the Ponshe residence regarding an unresponsive child.

Paramedics notified police and immediately transferred the infant to Provena Saint Joseph Medical Center in Joliet, where she was pronounced dead at 8:05 p.m.

[...]
Will County Coroner Patrick O'Neil's office performed an autopsy on the 18-month-old child Thursday. The preliminary findings were that the cause of death was blunt force trauma to the head. Toxicology reports are pending.

Elwood police, Will County crime scene investigators and Will County detectives executed a search warrant for the suspect's residence Thursday evening. Ponshe was arrested Thursday night after the State's Attorney's Office approved a charge of first-degree murder.
http://www.thetelegraph.com/news/county_25825___article.html/elwood_white.html
sz9big.jpg

Mom's MySpace (private): http://www.myspace.com/burtons06

Fucking disgusting. Another child loses their life due to their mothers bad judgment in penis. Rest in peace Halli.

Poor Baby Girl. Rest in peace angel.

When the fuck are mother's going to learn that when you have a child, the child comes first, penis comes dead last, and when considering you penis of the month, you've got to be damned fucking picky on who you let around your child? Where was the mother while her baby was being beaten to death?

When are women going to learn you never just up and move in with someone you meet over the internet? You wouldnt just up and move in with someone you met at a bar right? This is really important even more so if there are children involved. They dont have a choice.

When are women going to learn you never just up and move in with someone you meet over the internet? You wouldnt just up and move in with someone you met at a bar right? This is really important even more so if there are children involved. They dont have a choice.

Bingo Moon. The problem is the internet starts letting you think you actually know someone, you get really comfortable and feel safe with them. The exact opposite is usually true.

And when it comes to letting some internet guy (or any guy) be around your children? Ummmm, NO. Before anyone comes near your children, you should know them at minimum six months. You should have met his family and friends and learned about any past behaviors, including behaviors around children.

And even then, you NEVER leave your child alone with that person under any circumstance. If you end up marrying the guy, i'd still keep my eyes open. I've learned way too much not to.

Poor baby, she didn't make three freaking days with the prick.

shame on you guys. 5 of the 6 replies have ONLY mentioned the mother. What about this disgusting guy who, I duno, actually killed the baby???

I agree that the mother's judgement was definitely off, and we do read cases like this far too often. But hello? So it is only up to a mother? Is it perfectly normal for men to go around, beating to death babies? And only mothers should be able to protect them?

I don't agree with what the mother did; I don't think anyone would. But don't forget to hate the person who actually committed murder as well.

Beware of the people you meet on the internet. They are all freaks.

Of course the guy that did the murder is an asshole but come on, it doesn't take brains to know not to leave your toddler with some random dude you just met. Doesn't matter if she was dating him or if he was a nun, he is a stranger she let in her life and left with her most precious possesion. That deserves a tiny bit of shaming too. Are you really shocked people are mad at her and her poor judgement? The baby is dead.

In my book, she is far worse than he is. It's like hiring a hit man. He did what he did, but she made the contract. She put her common sense aside in favor of getting laid.

so when you move in with someone, it is like hiring that person to kill? remind me to never have a roommate again.

I have looked up a lot of articles about this. Not a single one has stated how long the two adults knew each other, only that they met online. Of course, perhaps it was a very short time, but it could have also been years. Many people meet online these days; that doesn't automatically mean that you are meeting a murderer. She could have just as easily met some guy at a bar.

Also, several articles have said that the killer was her fiance.

Yes, I do have problems with mothers trusting their boyfriends with their babies (I have read this site long enough to know how common this problem is). However.... well... I would rather be friends with someone who makes bad decisions than someone who beats a baby to death.

so when you move in with someone, it is like hiring that person to kill? remind me to never have a roommate again.

That isn't what she said at all and you know it. Getting a roommate=good.

Letting a stranger you just met off the internet watch your kid=bad.

Big difference.

You're right. I do know that that was not what she meant. I used that as an example because I also thought what she said was absurd. Having someone else around your child is not like hiring a killer. It's just not. Clearly, people need to be more careful about who their child is around, but.. hiring a killer? That's just too far. Especially because we really do not know that much about the case. No article claims that she had just met him. Most just include the fact that they met on the internet. Again, maybe they didn't know each other long... but we don't know that. Or at least, I don't know that, and I've just gone through several dozen articles.

Oh... and I just realized that the daughter's name was HalliBurton.

You're right. I do know that that was not what she meant. I used that as an example because I also thought what she said was absurd. Having someone else around your child is not like hiring a killer. It's just not. Clearly, people need to be more careful about who their child is around, but.. hiring a killer? That's just too far. Especially because we really do not know that much about the case. No article claims that she had just met him. Most just include the fact that they met on the internet. Again, maybe they didn't know each other long... but we don't know that. Or at least, I don't know that, and I've just gone through several dozen articles.

Oh... and I just realized that the daughter's name was HalliBurton.

Jeez... get over it RS. Most everything here is said with a sarcastic tone. It's not worth getting your panties in a bunch.

In my book, she is far worse than he is. It's like hiring a hit man. He did what he did, but she made the contract. She put her common sense aside in favor of getting laid.

cat, how is that sarcasm? I thought I was the one being sarcastic, then was scolded for being sarcastic by Nell's "That isn't what she said at all and you know it." And she was right.

Sorry. I'm not trying to argue with people (and perhaps doing a poor job of it). I just think it's weird that everyone is so quick to blame the mother more than the actual murderer when there are so few facts known about the case.

Jax, did you see the one-month thing in any article? I just see it in comments, but then there are comments saying that number is made up.

OMGWTFhowdidI run out of thanks so fast. You are so absolutely true. Lessons I learned from my sister's mom.

I took moonlilly's side, but Redshoes has some valid points.

I could tell you personal horror stories about roommate drama, but none of my stories are that bad. I think it's more about the potential for tragedy.

I have looked up a lot of articles about this. Not a single one has stated how long the two adults knew each other, only that they met online. Of course, perhaps it was a very short time, but it could have also been years. Many people meet online these days; that doesn't automatically mean that you are meeting a murderer. She could have just as easily met some guy at a bar.

I totally get you. I've been using the Internet for my social life for... *counts* ten years now, since we had Internet where I grew up. It's a new thing, with new ways to run into the same social problems.

Also, several articles have said that the killer was her fiance.

Not everyone exercises good judgment before or after having a ring on their finger.

Yes, I do have problems with mothers trusting their boyfriends with their babies (I have read this site long enough to know how common this problem is). However.... well... I would rather be friends with someone who makes bad decisions than someone who beats a baby to death.

I am a person who has made bad decisions before. I am unspeakably goddamn lucky my decisions didn't cause anyone lifelong harm, and I am cognizant of that. I think the point here is that if someone is going to conceal their evil from you, they can do that just as easily online as they can in a bar or church or whatever other setting you can think of to get dates.

Sex is awesome and wonderful, which is why sex toys are great. Love is pretty cool too, but there are so many kinds of love and I wish more single straight women would realize they don't *need* a man to be happy or successful. Especially not with the sorry excuses for men that are walking around these days. It's about the actual relationship, not the trappings.

I'm going to go kiss my fiancé now and thank him for being a good man.

thanks. I am really not saying that the mom is not above all blame.. I was just surprised that no one was bashing on the horrible baby-beater. I think I relish all the normal comments yelling at the murderers and what not. And right now, I can't help feeling bad for the mom. She made a horrible decision and she lost her daughter because of it (and yes... if it turns out she only knew the guy for a month... then what the hell lady). Hopefully, she (and others) will learn from her mistake. My thoughts our with the family of Halli.

If I was to list every person I think had a part in this, it would be huge and stretch far and wide.

I chose to focus on the person I felt was most guilty. I don't think by not "tsk tsk"ing the obvious murderer I (or anyone) deserve a "shame on you".

Whatever... pphhhttt.

Beware of the people you meet on the internet. They are all freaks.

Yeah, but I still like you :)

As for this baby killer... well, we don't know much about him, other than he kills babies. And takes facial hair fashion tips from Amish Living Weekly.

We know more about the mom. She moves in with a guy who kills her baby within a few days. Which means this guy must have had red flags all over the place that she was oblivious to, because the worst abusers I've ever personally known still could manage a bit of a honeymoon period where they could keep their tempers mostly in check. From the comments people have made elsewhere, we're also led to believe that this baby wasn't suddenly beaten Wed night and died immediately, but that the neighbors were complaining about abusive noises coming from their apartment as early as Monday. Apparently this asshole beat the child Tuesday night, and the resulting brain bleed may have been what finally killed her the next night with no medical care being sought for her in all that time until she was essentially dead. The comments also seem to indicate mom was a registered nurse, and therefore might have been expected to notice her child was injured - let alone significantly. The child appeared to have been struck more than 20 times. We *know* this half-bearded cretin beat the child. The question is, how are we to believe the baby's mother didn't also, long before the baby was actually dead?

Too funny! Do you suppose the mom realized this when she named her? :pound:

I have no idea... I would almost think so, since Halli is spelled that way.. but who on earth would name their kid that on purpose? I only figured it out when I was googling. Google was like, did you mean Halliburton?

I read on comments that the killer has custody of his 4 year-old son. I wonder where that kid was?

He might have been with the mother on a visit, or possibly at the grandparents. Ponshe may have wanted him out of the house during his 'honeymoon' with Dunlap.

I've read on a lot of comments that the beating supposedly took place on Tuesday, not Wednesday. I hope that's not true.. that's even worse if that poor child had to suffer for so long

RedShoes, please dont apologize for bringing attention to the fact that the majority of the blame should be placed on the actual murderer. I had planned on making a similar comment myself and was relieved to find that someone else had already done so. I grow weary of how quickly blame is placed on the female for bad judgment versus the actual perpetrator of a crime/lie/untrustworthy behavior. I, for one, thank you for bringing attention to this.

RedShoes, please dont apologize for bringing attention to the fact that the majority of the blame should be placed on the actual murderer. I had planned on making a similar comment myself and was relieved to find that someone else had already done so. I grow weary of how quickly blame is placed on the female for bad judgment versus the actual perpetrator of a crime/lie/untrustworthy behavior. I, for one, thank you for bringing attention to this.

I just think putting all the blame on the mother lets the killer get off way too easily. Normal people do not beat up babies. The mother committed a mistake in judgment, but the boyfriend committed murder. And it just hurt me because we don't know this lady.. what she has been through, who she is, what her actual relationship with this guy was, etc. What we do actually know is that he beat this poor child, and she died.

Thank you

Back