• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Satanica

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-s...dly-murdering-prison-cell-mate-234204431.html

The Lawrence Phillips story, already full of many disturbing off-field problems, has taken a remarkably dark turn.

Phillips is being investigated for murdering his cell mate in Kern Valley State Prison, according to Jason Galvin of KGET television. According to Galvin and confirmed by TMZ, Phillips is suspected of murdering Damion Soward, a 37-year-old who was serving 82 years to life for first-degree murder, on Saturday morning. Phillips is serving 31 years in prison in California for attacking his girlfriend and driving his car into three teens.
[....]

I'm not going to waste any more time on the back story which I'm surprised didn't come up in a search here. It boils down to he was an asshole, a domestic abuser, had a rotten attitude, and was difficult to deal with on the football field. He ended up where he obviously belonged, but maybe he'd be better suited to life in solitary after killing his cell mate.

It never ceases to amaze me to hear about people with such talent and to be so high ranked that has been given it all and still screw up their lives. God needs to give me a chance to prove I could handle an opportunity at this level. Just let me hit the LOTTO one time and I would prove to him I would spend responsibly and share, JUST GIVE ME THE CHANCE!!! This guy however........I wonder if he ever sits in his cell thinking of where he could have been instead of where he's at.

In April, Phillips was investigated in the death of his cellmate, 37-year-old Damion Soward, who was strangled to death at Kern Valley State Prison in California. Now Phillips has been charged with murder, according to The Associated Press. The prosecuting attorneytold USA Today she will not seek the death penalty in the case.

Phillips is serving 31 years for two separate incidents. In 2005 he twice choked his girlfriend. Later that year he attacked three teens with his car after a pickup football game. Soward, who TMZ reported is the cousin of former NFL first-round pick R. Jay Soward, was serving 82 years to life for first-degree murder.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/blogs/...-murdering-his-prison-cellmate-154246478.html

Back