• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Whisper

#byefelicia
2niskyt.jpg
Larry Woods​
DOLTON | The father of a 16-year-old girl found beaten to death in a Dolton motel was charged with first-degree murder, police said.

Larry D. Woods, 34, of Dixmoor, Ill., was taken into custody about 5:30 p.m. Wednesday after returning to Best Motel, 1335 E. Sibley Blvd., according to a statement from police. Woods' identity was released Friday night.

The victim, Gloria Wood, of Park Forest, Ill., was pronounced dead at the scene.

A Dolton police spokeswoman confirmed the spelling of Woods' name. The Cook County medical examiner's office lists his daughter's name as Wood.

Police said Woods told investigators he and his daughter were arguing over money when the beating occurred. The girl was visiting her father for the weekend.

Woods admitted to being high on marijuana and PCP, according to the news release.

The medical examiner's office said the girl died of blunt force trauma to her head.

Officers responded to the motel about 11:15 a.m. Wednesday when a housekeeper reported an unresponsive female, police said.

The girl's jaw and nose were broken, and she had fractures to the skull and vertebrae.

Woods was apprehended about 5:30 p.m. Wednesday, police said.
[...]
http://www.nwitimes.com/news/local/...cle_2349308c-758d-5ce0-b35e-de595f14c1c2.html

2q0m3ah.jpg
Gloria Wood​

If you know you have visitation with your kid that weekend, maaaaaybe you wanna choose another weekend to get wrecked on PCP.

And who does PCP anymore? Get with the program. It's BATH SALTS now.

Jumping jehoshaphat he BEAT his 16y/o daughter to death. Just unfuckingbelievable the things people do while outside their skulls on drugs. Why couldn't he believe he was Jesus and jump off the hotel roof?
PCP I mean how fucking passé is that?

Yes, PCP is very late 80's, but at least he didn't try to eat her as that would've been wrong on more than one level...

Yes, PCP is very late 80's, but at least he didn't try to eat her as that would've been wrong on more than one level...

He probably did try to eat her if you know what I mean...thus the fight and eventual death beating.

"IF I'S CAN'T HAVE YOU (slap slap)...THEN NO ONE CAN HAS YOU (punch kick)...KNOW WHAT I'M SAYING YO!!" (punch punch kick slap)

I deal with kids daily who for one reason or another don't want to see their non-custodial parent and are frightened to death of what will happen to them if they have to go be with them. Every day when I read the Texas news, I am afraid a story will pop up that rings a bell for me and I will know in my gut that is was a kid I talked to. It's happened before. I'm not saying she didn't want to go visit him, but I can't imagine she was too thrilled with staying the weekend with Daddy in a motel room while he was flying.

It seems like too often that the courts push too hard for children to be around parents that have no business being around any children. Even if the courts didn't know he was getting higher than a kite he had his 16 yo in a motel room with him, I'm sure that I'm a bit jaded but to me that seems very wrong. For so many reasons, none of which are sexual, a 16 yo should not be required to stay in a motel room with her non-custodial father, 16 yo's need privacy of some sort. And personally I think that people would have known he was into drugs, you don't just pick up PCP one day for shits and giggles when your child is visiting.

Back