• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sister Iroz

Nun the worse for where
Bold Member!
LARRY_RAY_HOSTETLER.jpg
A Goshen man accused of exposing himself to a 3-year-old girl was arraigned in court Monday.

Larry Hostetler, 75, appeared in misdemeanor court via live feed from the St. Joseph County Jail. He has been charged with performing sexual conduct in the presence of a minor and public indecency.

Police say Hostetler exposed himself to the child Friday while in the toy aisle of Kmart in Mishawaka.

Hostetler’s bond was set at $5,000.
http://www.wsbt.com/news/local/47221417.html

MISHAWAKA — A 75-year-old Goshen man, a convicted sex offender, was arrested Thursday after police say he exposed himself to a child in the toy aisle of a local department store.

The alleged incident occurred about 4:20 p.m. at the Kmart at 420 W. McKinley Ave.

Upon arrival, Mishawaka police met with a store employee, who was standing out front with the suspect, Larry Hostetler.

The employee told police he detained Hostetler after viewing him on closed-circuit television acting suspiciously in the toy aisle. Specifically, it appeared Hostetler had briefly exposed himself to a young child, the employee told police.

Hostetler was placed in the back of a squad car. Though not asked, he admitted to being a sex offender, police said.

Police then spoke with the victim’s grandmother, who told police she did not see Hostetler expose himself, but witnessed him fumbling with his clothes and then reaching down to tie his shoe immediately following the alleged incident.

She told police it appeared Hostetler had been following her and her 3-year-old granddaughter from the time they entered the store.

The victim, meanwhile, when asked what had happened, told police the man "showed me his boy part," police said. She then pointed to the groin area on a doll to indicate the area of the body Hostetler had exposed, police said.

Hostetler was arrested and booked into St. Joseph County Jail on suspicion of committing a sex offense against a child, police said.

Court records indicate Hostetler was previously convicted in Elkhart County in 2004 of vicarious sexual gratification and sentenced to three years in prison. He is registered as a sex offender in Elkhart County.
http://www.wsbt.com/news/local/47051382.html

(Why does this name sound familiar? The pic isn't, but can that name be common?)
Edit: Since I can't figure out how to delete this, I'll add what i recall. I used to work with a Larry Hostetler, but this isn't him. I can't figure out if they are related, though. Could be.

Last edited:
http://search.criminalcheck.com/PDdetails.php?db=INSX&rec=264&ed=165&dlnumber=CC&dlstate=CC&id=CC
LARRY RAY HOSTETLER Info
Residence Name
LARRY RAY HOSTETLER Address
1805 WESTPLAINS DR APT 5 City/State/ZIP Code
GOSHEN,INDIANA 46526 County
ELKHART
Male Race
White Complexion
Medium
Height
5' 11 Weight
174 lb Eye Color
Brown Hair Color
Gray or Partially Gray
Build
Medium
Charge
[35-42-4-3] CHILD MOLESTING Cause
00158211 Sentence
4 years Conviction County
Madison
Conviction State
WISCONSIN Conviction Date
Fri Oct 11 00:00:00 EDT 1991
Charge
[35-42-4-3] CHILD MOLESTING Cause
8741 Sentence
PROBATION VIOLATION-4 YRS MUST REGISTER FOR LIFE Conviction County
ELKHART
Conviction State
INDIANA Conviction Date
Tue Jun 01 00:00:00 EDT 1982
Charge
[35-42-4-5] VICARIOUS SEXUAL GRATIFICATION Cause
20D030310FD192 Sentence
3 Years Conviction County
Elkhart
Conviction State
INDIANA Conviction Date
Thu Jul 22 00:00:00 EDT 2004
Status
ACTIVE Offender Type
LIFETIME NOTIFICATION Released
Sun Feb 11 00:00:00 EST 2007 End Registration Date
Next Registration Date
Fri Jul 17 00:00:00 EDT 2009 Remarks
SEXUAL PREDATOR

http://www.in.gov/apps/indcorrection/ofs/ofs?previous_page=1&detail=873118
LARRY R HOSTETLER
DOC Number 873118
First Name LARRY
Middle Name R
Last Name HOSTETLER
Suffix
Date of Birth 09/22/1933
Gender Male
Race White
Facility/Location Discharge
Earliest Possible Release Date *07/20/2007
Sentence Information
Date of Sentence 07/22/2004
Description VICARIOUS SEXUAL GRATIFICATION
Term in Years / Months / Days 03 00 00000
Type of Conviction FD
Indiana Citation Code 35-42-4-5
Cause Number 20D030310FD192
County of Conviction ELKHART
Projected Release Date 07/20/2007
Sentence Information
Date of Sentence 06/11/1987
Description CHILD MOLESTING
Term in Years / Months / Days 08 00 00000
Type of Conviction FC
Indiana Citation Code 35-42-4-3
Cause Number 8741
County of Conviction ELKHART
Projected Release Date 06/24/1991
This database was last updated 06/09/2009 Data Descriptions
DOC Number DOC Number refers to the identification number given to each Indiana offender upon incarceration.
Description "Offense" refers to the crimes for which the offender is, or was most recently, incarcerated. "ATT" indicates "attempted;" "CON" indicates "conspiracy to commit;" and "AID" indicates "Aiding". Duplicate entries indicate additional counts of the same crime.
County of Conviction "Committing County" is the county in which the offender was sentenced.
Date of Sentence "Date of Sentence" is the date in which the sentence was issued by the court.

With any luck, this stay in jail or prison will be his last, IOW hopefully he crosses into the hell he deserves. At 75, I can't believe these are the only offenses, just the only convictions.

Back