• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Whisper

#byefelicia
zx4s9u.jpg
Khary McWilliams​
DALLAS, TX— Tracey Richardson lost part of her heart the night a drunk driver slammed into her daughter Amanda's car.

"She was my best friend," the Dallas mother said.
The 23-year old was killed along the Dallas Tollway in 2010 when she ran out of gas. She was sending a text message when she was hit from behind.

"When I retrieved her cell phone it said, "Mom I am sitting here on the side of the road" and there wasn't any more, that was the impact".

Someone not much older than Amanda, 28-year old Khary McWilliams admitted to hitting the woman while he was intoxicated. McWilliams pleaded guilty to intoxicated manslaughter, which carries a sentence of 2-20 years in prison.

Richardson fears that because McWilliams has no previous record of drunk driving he may receive a lighter sentence or even probation.

"Probation is a slap on the hand. We need to make an example of these people," Richardson said.

McWilliams attorney, Todd Shapiro says he will probation for his client. He says sending the young man to prison will only compound the terrible situation.

[...]
Experts say the judge will take into account the defendants age, actions during the crash and previous record.

"The judge will look at previous DWI offenses," criminal defense attorney Hunter Biederman, said.

Biederman, who is not involved in the case, says there are certain situations, where probation is a possibility.

"The ideal probation case is where it was a first time mistake, where the person is taking responsibility and that person has no previous convictions."

Richardson plans to make a statement at the sentencing hearing next week. She hopes to convince the judge to give the man who took her daughter's life hard time.

"That is what I am living, when I visit her grave."
http://www.the33tv.com/news/kdaf-dr...ve-probation-story,0,2632359.story?hpt=ju_bn5
ixv2w9.jpg
Amanda​
345irg1.jpg
Amandas Car​

There is no way in hell that he should get probation or even less than 20 years. This wasn't some "oopsie I got stopped at a road block after 2 beers" he fucking killed someone. He needs to sit his dumb ass in prison for the full 20!

"The ideal probation case is where it was a first time mistake, where the person is taking responsibility and that person has no previous convictions."
It most likely was not his first "mistake" just the first time he was caught.

I understand everyone makes mistakes. This was NO mistake. He willingly drank, and then got in a vehicle and drove, had a wreck and destroyed a life which left her family devastated. He needs to serve some serious time in prison. Probation is nothing more than a slap on the wrist. This young lady didn't get the option of probation instead of dying and he shouldn't get the option of probation over prison.

I have a good friend whose cousin was killed by a drunk driver last Friday. And already the driver's family and friends are saying he's a good person who made a mistake,everyone has driven home after having a couple blah blah blah.
BULL,drunk driving is a selfish choice to put the lives of everyone on the road at risk because you can't be bothered to find a DD or arrange for a ride home.
It's nice that he shows remorse,I imagine anyone who has a soul would after killing an innocent person. It makes no difference. We still have too many drunk driving fatalites because if the driver is a "good" person and shows remorse,that somehow makes it okay that they killed one or more persons. For a law & order state,I've read article after article about how juries are giving people who drink and drive and kill probation.
IMO,drunk driving deaths should have mandatory prison time. Probation shouldn't even be an option.

Last edited:
120 days in county jail followed by 5 years probation. Pathetic, as a society we need to be ashamed of how pathetic our sentences are for DUI deaths.

My cousin was killed by a drunk driver many years ago. She was just going to run up to the convenience store in their small town, rode the four-wheeler, and was struck by a drunk woman leaving the VFW club.

When my brother was killed in a DUI in 1995, I thought my life was over.

In a way it was- My best friend. My role model. My protector. My only big brother...

As a teenager at the time, I struggled for years after Jared died. The questions of "What if" consumed me. The anger slowly chewed away at my soul. I started becoming reckless, felt that nothing mattered anymore. I quit Cheerleading, quit softball, quit doing everything that made me happy. I struggled tremendously without Jared.

Times were different back then- no internet, for me to seek out answers or photos. (Thank God)
My parents sheltered us from the evidence, the photos, and the emotional trauma of the trial.

Jared's best friend Tim- who was driving the Jeep they were in has struggled for years and still struggles. Jared and Tim were sober, on the way home from a HS basketball game. The guy that hit them was 3x the legal limit.

Tim told me once- a longtime ago, that he will never get over looking around, confused after the accident, and seeing Jared dead. Jared died on impact, which provides some small comfort to me. For almost 2 years, I kept having dreams of my brother bleeding and mangled trapped in Tim's burning Jeep screaming for help...

While the guy that killed him didn't mean for it to happen, it did. His actions changed the lives of so many people. Somehow an 11 year sentence seemed horribly cruel. Felt like in 11 yrs Jared will still be gone and a huge hole will still be there. I wanted him to die. I wanted him to suffer.... years of therapy helped. Jared would want me to learn to forgive.

The day came, and he was released from prison now able to live his life. Jared didn't get that option.. seems so fucking unfair- even still today. Although I have forgiven him...

I live less than 5 miles from where Jared died, trapped in a burning Jeep on the side of the highway. I STILL cannot bring myself to drive that interchange on the highway- even though it is a MAJOR highway interchange here in Denver (I-25 and I-225). I will still drive 10+ miles out of the way to avoid that spot.

People do not realize how drinking and driving affects everyone. Please please dont do it. It is not worth what you could cost someone...
I MISS YOU EVERY SINGLE DAY STILL JARED. YOUR SISSY WILL NEVER FORGET YOU! ♡

Back