1. Before creating a thread in the Reality Bites forums, please read the following guidelines so you do not risk the wrath of the administrators and possibly lose the privilege of creating threads. We want everyone to take part in spreading the shitty news, but let's do it in a way that keeps Morbid from fielding takedown notices.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. If you tried signing up and were receiving the following message: "This action is available via POST only. Please press the back button and try again." Please retry as this was being caused by an outdated plugin.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. You must be logged in to see or use the chatbox
    Dismiss Notice

Kenneka Jenkins Found Dead In Hotel Freezer

Discussion in 'In The Mean Time' started by brandi, Sep 11, 2017.

1. brandi

brandi christ on a cracker Bold Member!

Credit:
    $11,558.50

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...shows-kenneka-jenkins-hotel-article-1.3489438

• Thanks Thanks x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. PsychoKitty

PsychoKitty Queen Bitch From Hell Bold Member!

Credit:
    $41,705.44
    agreed

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2017
  3. lithiumgirl

lithiumgirl Pretty Nice Troll Bold Member!

Credit:
    $88,784.99
    I really hope this was an accident.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Francyne32

Francyne32 Well-Known Member

Credit:
    $10,247.07
    I think This group is guilty as hell. They called the mom on this dead girls cell phone from HER car to tell her mom she was missing after they left the hotel!! Makes no sense. And the mom said she then called police, she was upset they didn't start searching that second. But police typically do not investigate missing adults in situations like this until there is prob cause to believe a crime has taken place or time has gone by. So I understand the police waiting till the next day. They have so many crimes and murders in Chicago to investigate.

The family should have headed over immediately to the hotel

Something is def off with this group of "friends" she was out with, hear their stories keep changing. They don't seem like the kind of people I'd want my daughter hanging out with. Several people on Twitter and Facebook have said several are involved in gangs and prostitution...It will be no time till they all start flipping. Especially when the autopsy Is finished.

Yes The mom seemed pretty calm for just hearing about her daughter dying. But everyone handles life tragedies different. I hope she finds answers soon so she can grieve and start healing. If they did mirder this beautiful young girl, I pray justice will be served.
    only 19 years old, had her whole life ahead of her. It's so important for young adults to not get caught up with the wrong people. Fucking scary having a young kid knowing they are Growing up in these times.

• Thanks Thanks x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Satanica

Satanica Trusted Member Bold Member!

Credit:
    $250,902.78
    https://sotomayortv.com/kennekajenkinsdeath/

• Thanks Thanks x 3
  6. JackBurton

JackBurton Well-Known Member Bold Member!

Credit:
    $47,656.83
    Hotel party huh?

Doesnt sound like a very high quality person.

Trash.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. Nell

Nell Unending melancholy Bold Member!

Credit:
    $41,631.96
    Shitcago teen found...

The title.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Sugar Cookie

Sugar Cookie Well-Known Member Bold Member!

Credit:
    $58,358.84
    I am very much at a loss for words. Every time I want to say something I am just amazed by the police and her friends and what happened to this young girl.

About the video why does a father matter a girl is dead.
    --- Double Post Merged, Sep 13, 2017, Original Post Date: Sep 13, 2017 ---
    Tommy is never gonna learn he was just punched in the face in Harlem.

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. Satanica

Credit:
    $250,902.78
    Tommy and Jack would probably get along great.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. PsychoKitty

Credit:
    $41,705.44
    • Thanks Thanks x 7
  11. Caligirl90

Caligirl90 The Bitch Witch Penguin Bold Member!

Credit:
    $12,098.91
    So she froze to death and was probably alive while the hotel and the police said to just wait it out.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  12. PsychoKitty

Credit:
    $41,705.44
    depending @Athena could make a better call on that

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  13. Echasez

Echasez Hope is the thing with feathers. Bold Member!

Credit:
    $31,753.37
    https://www.google.com/amp/www.chic...zer-death-update-0915-20170914-story,amp.html

• Thanks Thanks x 6
  14. Keepalowprofile

Keepalowprofile Chartreuse Bold Member!

Credit:
    $106,712.80
    I think the family has a hell of a wrongful death suit against the hotel.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  15. everjaded

everjaded ಠ_ಠ Bold Member!

Credit:
    $34,478.80
    Family still seems to be in a bit of denial. Toxicology tests will show if there were narcotics in her system. They're not going to prove whether she ingested them willingly or if something was put in her drink.

I understand the desire to not want to accept that perhaps your daughter was intoxicated and died due to a very bad series of decisions... but sometimes that's what the truth is. No more, no less.

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 1
  16. PsychoKitty

Credit:
    $41,705.44
    her mon just is in denial's a sad case but this girl like many of us at that age made some bad decisions, myself thinking she even went to this party at the hotel, but unless forced if someone drinks or gets so stoned they do something that gets them hurt or killed and no one was around to try and help them that is it. I don't know about the laws up there or age limits but the hotel was running a loose ship to let those kids party in there like that imo

• Agree Agree x 2
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2017
  17. Satanica

Credit:
    $250,902.78
    That area that was under construction SHOULD NOT HAVE BEEN ACCESSIBLE IN ANY WAY to the public. Drunk or not, she should never have been able to get into that freezer. Was it just kept on to prevent mold or something if it wasn't in use? I'd like to have that cleared up as well.

Her "friends" were probably just as fucked up as she was, so maybe that accounts for their own poor judgement in not watching over her. It really doesn't make sense at this point that the other girls went off together and left her on her own. I've been that girl a couple of times in my day and my friends never left me passed out anywhere or let me wander off to parts unknown.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  18. brandi

Credit:
    $11,558.50
    i still don't believe she walked in there without some kind of encouragement. whether it was from her friends, or the drugs she took, no person who is ONLY drinking is gonna do that shit. i've been shit faced many many times. never said, hmmmm lemme go sleep in the fridge.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2017
  19. everjaded

everjaded ಠ_ಠ Bold Member!

Credit:
    $34,478.80
    @brandi you know... You just made me think of something.

No way to know until the tox reports come back, but what if she was on something that raised her body temperature? Like ecstasy. Maybe she wanted to just cool off, but ended up either unable to get herself back out, or relaxed/fell asleep until the cold took her out. :(

• Thanks Thanks x 3
    • Awesome Response! Awesome Response! x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  20. brandi

Credit:
    $11,558.50
    THAT'S SO REAL.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  21. lithiumgirl

Credit:
    $88,784.99
    Fine ... but people were concerned for this girl and the Hotel didn't really help. In fact they did hinder her loved ones when they persisted in trying to find her. I can't help but think the same thing ... What if she could have been saved?

• Like Like x 1
  22. Sugar Cookie

Sugar Cookie Well-Known Member Bold Member!

Credit:
    $58,358.84
    Honestly, this unfortunate story is something that teens and young adults need to hear about. I remember going to clubs with my friends and always being aware of where they were and what was going on. We were at the Tunnel in New York and Biggie was performing and a fight broke out I grabbed my girl and got the hell out of there. Another time like a dumb ass I went with my friend who met a guy to Central Park in the Middle of the night. What occurred that night I will never forget and the friend I was stuck with for my best friend.

• Show The Love Show The Love x 2
  23. lithiumgirl

Credit:
    $88,784.99
    The police said its an accident. Its how long it took to find her is what bugs me.

• Agree Agree x 1
  24. brandi

Credit:
    $11,558.50
    The police aint always right either. The hotel posted a video showing that its impossible to close the freezee if you're on the inside. I'll post it.
    --- Double Post Merged, Sep 15, 2017, Original Post Date: Sep 15, 2017 ---

• Thanks Thanks x 4
    • WTF!?! WTF!?! x 1
  25. Athena

Athena Buzzkill. Staff Member

Credit:
    $23,164.01
    @Caligirl90, I'm not sure what time frame you're talking about, here, but depending on what the freezer was set at, this girl was most likely dead inside of two hours.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  26. Caligirl90

Caligirl90 The Bitch Witch Penguin Bold Member!

Credit:
    $12,098.91
    From the timeline I've seen the mom called the hotel under an hour after she was last seen. She then called the police right after as the hotel told her they wouldn't look for Kenneka. Then, the police made her wait a few hours to file a police report. I was saying wouldn't it be a shame if it came out during all that time they could have saved her if they had at least started to look right away. Also, I was thinking the freezer wouldn't be kept completely to temp because it wasn't in use. I also wonder why it took so long to check that area. If the rest of the hotel was active with staff and no one saw her, I would think checking an area that wasn't in use but had dangers would be a good business decision at the very least.
    --- Double Post Merged, Sep 15, 2017, Original Post Date: Sep 15, 2017 ---
    That's assuming she opened the freezer all the way. Had she just opened it enough to squeeze in, it WILL close behind you. I've used those freezers, unless you open the door all the way, they are heavy and will close themselves.

• Agree Agree x 1
  27. Craygor

Craygor Well-Known Member Bold Member!

Credit:
    $10,989.71
    It appears the young Kenneka might just have made a series of very stupid, drunken and fatal mistakes.

• Thanks Thanks x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  28. Norcal Skim

Norcal Skim Well-Known Member

Credit:
    $2,405.09
    Really? There is a fuck ton of contributory negligence here. She got wasted, stumbled around and into a walk-in freezer and then was too wasted to let herself out (every walk-in freezer I have seen has an exit latch, I'm sure it's regulated).

Sure, you can argue the hotel should have had the kitchen area inaccessible to hotel guests but what level would you set her contributory negligence at? I'd say 90% easy.

As for the hotel not searching for her, give me a break.

"Oh hey we were partying and now we're leaving and we can't find Sara. Can you search your entire hotel in the middle of the night for our friend?"

We aren't talking about someone with alzheimer's or a child, we are talking about a healthy adult. How about a little personal responsibility here.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Good To Know! Good To Know! x 1
  29. Dutchesse

Dutchesse Well-Known Member

Credit:
    $1,868.77
    Couldn't agree more. Maybe mom should be more worried about why she let her underage child party in a hotel with shitty 'friends', while dressed like a prostitute.

And of course she blames the cops, they raycisss! Nah lady, your kid was dumb trash.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Awesome Response! Awesome Response! x 1
  30. JackBurton

JackBurton Well-Known Member Bold Member!

Credit:
    $47,656.83
    I dont understand this video. The employee sticks her hand out a mere few inches and deliberately and inexplicably doesnt even attempt to grab the door. What does this prove, other then the person in the vid is a fucking moron?

• Like Like x 2