• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Unamused Cat

Veteran Member
KellisueAkernecht.jpg

Video: http://wnyt.com/article/stories/S611868.shtml?cat=300

OHNSTOWN - Dennis Ackernecht said rumors have been flying about his nephew Jayson, who is married to Kellisue Akernecht. The 36-year-old Johnstown woman has been missing since October 1.

"Jayson is a good boy. And whatever happened to her, he's got nothing to do with it," said Ackernecht. (So... why isn't Jayson giving the interview?)

Kellisue was last seen September 30th leaving her job as a shift supervisor at an Amsterdam Rite Aid around 9:45 p.m. She was driving a 10-year-old Saturn sedan. A co-worker told us by phone that nothing seemed out of the ordinary.

Four hours later, police found the car engulfed in flames a few blocks from her Johnstown home, with no sign of Kellisue.

The car was parked in an area neighbors call Frog Hollow, near the Rail Trail. Police said this street wasn't the usual way Kellisue drove home.

That has fueled speculation, even though police said they are not leaning toward arson in the car fire. They've used K-9 units to search the wooded area nearby, and are following leads.

"It could be a missing person. It could be foul play," said Johnstown Police Lt. Mark Gifford. "We are not ruling out anything at this point. The person could be voluntarily missing also."

But Dennis Ackernecht, who lives a few houses away from the scorched road, doubts that Kellisue would run away. He said she loves her daughter and her job. And said the family - and her husband - are very worried.

"He's holding up pretty good but I know deep down inside it's killing him. And we're all worried about her," he said.

We also spoke with Kellisue's sister, who said she did not know who would want to harm Kellisue.

On Thursday, a State Police helicopter was scheduled to continue the search.

"He's holding up pretty good but I know deep down inside it's killing him"....Yeah, he's worried that they might find her before her body is decomposed enough to make cause of death hard to determine.
Her husband was last seen proofreading Casey Anthoneys new book "How I got Away With Murder"

Back