• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

SimplySpaztastic

The above average, average girl
Bold Member!
2q2r0hd.jpg

Keith Strawn

25a5lcn.jpg

Aaron Seaton

ST. ANTHONY, Idaho — An Idaho man who took his 14-year-old daughter out of state to marry a 24-year-old man will spend at least 120 days in jail.

Keith Strawn was sentenced on one felony injury to a child charge Tuesday afternoon.

District Judge Greg Moeller ordered Strawn to serve a suspended sentence of four years in prison with two years fixed and two years indeterminate.

Moeller then sentenced Strawn to 120 days in the Fremont County Jail. Strawn will serve 60 days straight with him being eligible for work release the remaining time.

“While you spend those 120 day in jail, perhaps you will think about the 120 days your daughter was in a vile farce of a marriage to a rapist,” Moeller said to Strawn during the sentencing.

In August 2015, Strawn took his 14-year-old daughter and then 24-year-old Aaron Seaton to Missouri to consent in their marriage. Seaton, now 25, pleaded guilty to a rape charge in April and is believed to have impregnated her. The victim miscarried.

Seaton is serving a 15-year prison sentence. Court records show Strawn “harbored and protected” Seaton by allowing him to live with his teenage daughter.

“If you get them pregnant then you marry them,” Strawn told Moeller during the hearing.

Strawn’s defense attorney, Douglas Knutson, recommended a sentence of six days in jail and probation. Knutson told the court that his client’s decision to allow the marriage “might have been a religious motivation.”

“(The victim) told me herself that her father asked her several times during the trip to Missouri, and even the day of the marriage, if it was something she wanted to do,” Knutson said.

Strawn admitted to Moeller that his actions were wrong.

“I love my daughter very much and I would never do anything to intentionally harm her or put her in harm’s way,” Strawn said. “I made the wrong decision, and I made that decision in duress.”

Strawn was originally charged with two felony injury to a child charges and one felony charge of accessory to rape. As part of a plea agreement, the state dismissed two charges and Strawn pleaded guilty to one felony injury to a child charge.

The jail sentence was 110 days more than what Fremont County Prosecutor Karl Lewies recommended, which was that Strawn be sentenced to a unified sentence of three years, one fixed and two indeterminate followed by a $3,000 fine. He also recommended that the prison term be suspended and Strawn not serve more then 10 days in jail.
http://kdvr.com/2016/05/25/dad-admi...old-daughter-to-marry-her-24-year-old-rapist/

Seriously? Dad allowed a 24 year old nasty ass man to move into his house and fuck his 14 year old baby girl?? WTF was going on in that house

Last edited:
Why Missouri though? Surely it isn't legal to marry a 14 y.o. anywhere....

Also. What duress does he mean? The story isnt real clear.

Last edited:
I found this, which clears things up, I think.

Strawn's daughter, who has not been named in news reports, had a miscarriage in October. The marriage has since been annulled.

Seaton was also arrested and pleaded guilty in April to raping Strawn's daughter. He was sentenced to up to 15 years behind bars.

Seaton first met Strawn's daughter when the two families went into businesss together, according to The Rexburg Standard Journal.

The convicted rapist reportedly began taking advantage of the teenager while she was drunk. But during his time in court, Seaton offered a number of excuses for why he raped Strawn's daughter.

“The responses you gave — that you did not know what you did was wrong, it was [an[ accident, no one was hurt, you didn’t plan it, you made a mistake, didn’t know how it happened and that the victim was overly affectionate — is hardly a glowing report," Judge Gregory Moeller said during the court proceedings. "It suggests you are completely unaccountable for your actions."

Moeller also seemed disgusted by Seaton painting himself as the girl's savior.

“Attempting to now present yourself as some kind of hero for trying to protect a pregnant teenager by marrying her yourself — I completely reject that as an explanation,” Moeller said. “This didn’t happen once; it happened multiple times, and you clearly groomed the victim.”

http://mashable.com/2016/05/25/father-took-daughter-to-marry-rapist/#86WiwXBotZq2

And this.

Aaron Seaton pleaded guilty to one count of felony statutory rape as part of a plea agreement. Seaton was originally charged with felony rape but, under the agreement, the charge was reduced.

Seaton was 24 when the rape occurred, which resulted in a pregnancy. Two months later, in August 2015, he married the teenager in Missouri. The girl’s father, Keith Strawn, is facing charges for taking the couple out of state for the wedding.

“I’ve had sexual relations with the victim,” Seaton admitted to Seventh District Judge Gregory Moeller.

“Did it happen more than one time?” Moeller asked.

“After we were married, yes,” Seaton responded.

“Did it happen before you were married?” Moeller asked.

“Only once,” was Seaton’s reply.

Court documents say the girl had a miscarriage in October. They also show the marriage is in the process of being annulled

http://www.eastidahonews.com/2016/0...-his-parents-threaten-eastidahonews-com-crew/

And it gets better .......

Moeller reminded Seaton that he was on probation for another crime in Bannock County when he raped the victim. He failed to notify his probation officer that he was moving to Ashton, where the crime occurred. Committing another crime while on probation doesn’t sit well with the court, Moeller said.

“If you had only followed the rules, none of us would be here today,” he said.

Moeller also noted that although Seaton had repeatedly professed his love and desire to stay married to the victim throughout the presentence investigation, he now suddenly changed his mind at sentencing when it became advantageous to do so.

Moeller read from explicit and profane Facebook messages Seaton had posted, which violated the Court’s no-contact order and threatened other family members. He also cited portions of Seaton's psychosexual evaluation, which mentioned other sexually deviant behavior, including that Seaton inappropriately touched a 6-year-old girl when he was 20.

Moeller was also concerned that various presentence reports indicated that Seaton didn’t believe he did anything wrong or that a crime had been committed.

http://www.rexburgstandardjournal.c...cle_02572b1e-0138-11e6-afa7-5bb8066c41fd.html

Last edited:

Because age of consent laws vary all over the country.

In Michigan, for example, the age of consent is 16. And, in some states, children as young as 14 can marry with parental permission. Fundamental Christianity, everyone!

What you can't do is be privy to a crime committed in a state where that is not legal (although she could have gotten married at 15 in Idaho if they had just waited a bit), and take the victim out of state to try to "make it right" in a state that allows marriage so young.

Wiki has a handy list of marital statutes by age. Many states allow younger than their statute dictates in the case of pregnancy. In New Hampshire, girls can get married as young as 13 in cases of "special cause"!

If you'll excuse me, I need to go throw up, now.

which mentioned other sexually deviant behavior, including that Seaton inappropriately touched a 6-year-old girl when he was 20.

Oh wow...no way!

I was kind of on Dads side at first. Because we have two rules..don't break the law,

and don't get anyone pregnant. I think as a parent I would bring this right to the table.

Especially with the other parents...three options...marriage...abortion...adoption.

If my kid wants to have sex and act like an adult then he is going to bear the consequences

of those things. It might mean holding her hand at the abortion clinic, saying good bye to a

blessing and a bad decision on the same day...or it might be manning up.

But its going to be one of those things.

I would be all over the parents that simply told me "she" was going to keep it.

I would want marriage...if you can't marry this boy who impregnated you.

then you can't keep that child and keep him tethered to your ankle for the next

eighteen years either. It defies logic. Ideally you raise a child in a supported and

committed relationship.

Anyway...we're through that part, I'm not a grandma yet, because two rules.

So forcibly transporting someone over state lines under 16...
I thought that was kidnapping and automatically the Feds get involved.

And here I thought, based on the headline, that it was an odd name for a Saudi, or a Pakistani, or Afghani etc.

Filthy bastards. I hope the girl can get as far away from every single member of that family as fast as possible, and lead a long and happy life somewhere else, far away from all of them.
[doublepost=1464434099,1464433966][/doublepost]

Because 'celebrity'.

God help the baby they're apparently having. She's more fucked up than a drunken donkey working on mountain railroad project in India and he's a fucking pedophile.

Why Missouri though? Surely it isn't legal to marry a 14 y.o. anywhere....

Also. What duress does he mean? The story isnt real clear.

Maybe they hired the banjo kid from Deliverance to play the reception and Idaho was to far north for him to travel to.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/idaho-father-takes-pregnant-teen-daughter-marry-rapist-39505832

An Idaho man will spend about four months in jail for taking his pregnant 14-year-old daughter to Missouri and having her marry a 24-year-old family friend who had raped her.

The father pleaded guilty to injury to a child last week, and a judge put him behind bars for 120 days and ordered three years of supervised probation, the Idaho State Journal reported.

"I would note that the 120 days is approximately how long this vile farce of a marriage lasted," Seventh District Judge Gregory Moeller told him at the sentencing. "While you sit in jail, you will sit and think about the 120 days your daughter was in a vile farce of a marriage to a rapist because of you."

The girl's father said he believed that a man should marry a girl he gets pregnant.

The Associated Press does not generally identify victims of sexual abuse and is withholding the name of the father and man involved in the marriage to avoid identifying the girl.

The 24-year-old and the girl became acquainted because their families worked together. The sexual contact occurred in 2015, according to court documents, and the victim's pregnancy was discovered that summer after she was taken to the doctor for stomach pains.

The girl's stepmother testified during a court hearing that once the pregnancy was discovered, a "family meeting" was held that included the victim and the 24-year-old man, who was not yet charged with rape.

The girl and the man reportedly told family members they wanted to be married, with the 24-year-old telling family members they were in love and the girl saying she didn't want her child to have to deal with a split custody arrangement.

So, in August 2015, the girl's father drove the girl and the man who raped her to Kansas City, Missouri to marry. Missouri law allows 14-year-olds to marry with parental permission in some circumstances.

After they married, the girl and the 24-year-old lived together for a time before returning to Idaho, according to court documents. Once they returned the girl's mother filed for an annulment. The girl's pregnancy ended in a miscarriage, according to the court record.

The 24-year-old was charged with felony rape in September 2015, and was sentenced in April to 15 years in prison. He must serve at least three years before he will be eligible for parole.

During his sentencing hearing, the girl's father told the judge that he loved his daughter and would never intentionally harm her. The father acknowledged making a bad decision.

"Clearly, your daughter underwent great bodily harm based on some of your choices," the judge told the girl's father.

Not an update to the case, but a good article on how fucked up it is that Missouri sometimes allows legal protection to rapists if they marry their victim, and this case is discussed in the article.

I cannot think of any situation whatsoever where it’s appropriate to get married before 18. No exceptions. Shit, I think it’s dumb as hell to get married before 21. If you aren’t old enough to drink, you absolutely aren’t old enough to get fucking married.

I thought the article was interesting so I suggest going to the link as I’m only providing some quick excerpts below.

Missouri defines statutory rape as anyone 21 or older having sex with someone under 17 outside of marriage. Within marriage, sex with a minor is legal. But not before.

[...]

Back in her home state of Utah, Strawn’s ex-wife — Heather’s mother —was livid to find out about the marriage. Under Missouri law, her objections didn’t matter.

She alerted Idaho police. Heather’s father and new husband were soon arrested. By the time their trials commenced, the marriage had been annulled and Heather had lost her baby to a miscarriage.

[...]

At 21, Jeremie Rook knew he was in violation of Iowa’s statutory rape law when he traveled to Platte County, Mo., to marry Brittany Koerselman, 15 and seven months pregnant.

But once married, the threat of prison vanished, even though, technically, he still committed the act.

“Yeah, they left us alone,” Brittany said of the police. “I never heard back from them at all.”

[...]

Ashley Duncan also married because she thought she was saving a boyfriend from prison. If only she’d had a judge to guide her, she might have been saved from a disastrous marriage.

“They wanted me to get married,” Ashley, now 24 and the mother of four, said. “I knew I shouldn’t have been making that decision that young. It was just something they told me that, like, I had to do or my child’s father would go to jail.”

Ashley, indeed, said the precise intent was to keep her boyfriend from being charged with statutory rape. It was only recently that Ashley was surprised to discover everyone was wrong.

Laws differ from state to state, but in Missouri, statutory rape does not generally apply to an 18-year-old having sex with a 15-year-old. It is defined as sex between anyone age 21 or older with someone under age 17.

Had there been a judge to explain the law, she still would have had her baby, while avoiding the painful marriage.

Ashley stood rattled and uncertain as she took her vows.

She vividly remembers the pastor they hastily found to perform the ceremony asking her if she took her boyfriend to be her lawfully wedded husband.

“I said, ‘I guess,’” Ashley recalled.

Her sister, standing nearby, chided her, “You’re supposed to say, ‘I do.’”

[...]

“The reason why the issue of child marriage is so interesting is that it really forces us to think of what decisions kids are capable of making on their own, and what decisions they actually need to be protected from because they are too young and too vulnerable and they get it wrong,” Oberman said.

Overlapping that, she said, is the matter of prosecutorial discretion, deciding which cases are worth pursuing.

[...]

“When you have a crime,” Tenzer said, “basically you’re saying that the defendant wronged society. Convicting someone gives the family of the victim some sense of retribution, it maybe rehabilitates the defendant and it is a deterrence to society: Don’t do this.

“But if you have this girl who’s in love with this guy, we really don’t need to rehabilitate them. We don’t necessarily need retribution if the parents understand that there’s love there. And the question is, ‘Do we want to take the time of prosecutors and taxpayers’ money for a case to basically send a message to the rest of the world?’”

http://amp.kansascity.com/news/state/missouri/article204292464.html?__twitter_impression=true

I had a friend who was knocked up at 14 and had a baby at 15 and the father was 19. Obviously the hospital and police knew it was statutory rape, so they had many, many discussions on whether or not to press charges against the 19 year old father.

Police ultimately decided that it sure as hell wasn’t going to help a teenage mother to have the new daddy in jail and there really wasn’t much risk for reoffending, so they smartly let it go. Her mother was all for it and she was happy for the decision too. I’m glad they let it slide in some situations, and also glad they don’t put kids in a position to get married to avoid jail time. It’s absurd that it was ever possible. It’s absurd a 17 year old can even get fucking married at all, it’s NOT necessary. Absurd.

Last edited:
Kentucky just tried, and failed miserably due to disgusting nutter Christian southern trash, to ban this whole children marriage thing. I fucking hate the south so god damn much.

Once they returned the girl's mother filed for an annulment. The girl's pregnancy ended in a miscarriage

Glad everything worked out. Thank Allah.

"Clearly, your daughter underwent great bodily harm based on some of your choices," the judge told the girl's father.

Then why the miserable sentence? Hate it when a judges verbiage doesnt match the penalty.

I have a 16 year old, I hope someone would shoot me in the fucking head if I made this kind of decision for her...even though I’m from the deep dirty, I would never do some shit like this. Just saying.

What in the actual hell? You would think that her father of all goddamn people would be one of the one's fighting for his daughter not giving her up. What a sack of shit. Both deserve to rot in hell for the rest of their no good lives.

Disgusting. So Dad & stepmom agreed to the marriage and left Mom out of the decision?! I’d KILL my ex.

Dad would “never” hurt his daughter but sex with a pedophile is ok. :sour:

I got married at 16. I'm now 27 and still happily married to the same man. We have a little boy who will be 2 in 2 days. In October we will be celebrating 11 years married and 13 years together. Now that I'm a parent would I let my child make that choice so young. NOPE. But I'm happy with the life my husband and I have and have made for ourselves.

Latest posts

Back