• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Morbid

Rooster Illusion
Staff member
SILVER CREEK, GA
– Katelyn Nichole Davis, 12, live-streamed her own suicide by hanging last Friday, and the video is about one of the most depressing things I have watched in some time.

Initial news reports stated Katelyn’s body was discovered with self-inflicted wounds outside her home at around 6 p.m. on Dec 30, 2016. Despite attempts to save her life, she was pronounced dead after being taken to the hospital.

Turns out, Katelyn used the Live.me application to live-stream her suicide, and the 42-minute video details her hanging herself from a tree. I am including the video below, but be warned, it’s a child committing suicide.

For those of you who don’t want to watch it, the first half of the video is Katelyn positioning the camera, measuring the rope she attaches to a tree and makes adjustments. During this section, the sun is shining and the ambient neighborhood noises of passing cars, birds and barking dogs can be heard in the background.

She then climbs on top of a bucket and fastens the noose around her neck. At 21:24, after taking several deep breaths and crying, Katelyn says and anguished “Goodbye” before stepping off the bucket. Now hanging by her neck, Katelyn’s arms and legs begin to jerk and kick for a short time.

For the remaining 20 minutes of the video, Katelyn’s body sways at the end of the rope as the sun goes down, as dogs bark in the background. After 10 minutes or so, you can hear Katelyn’s family calling for her and coming close to finding her on camera. The video ends as the sun disappears and Katelyn’s cell phone repeatedly rings.

The entire video is as surreal as it is tragic.

As for why Katelyn decided to kill herself, some of her reasons can be seen by checking out her online diary and Instagram account. According to her, she was already on medication for depression, had attempted suicide before, was a cutter, and was beaten by her stepfather who she also accused of trying to rape her.

https://u.nya.is/ritagt.mp4

This article was written by Morbid for The Dreamin Demon - the Internet's self-appointed buzzkill.

Continue reading...

Damn, that was tough to read and watch.

Where was mom in all this? She's instagramming the fact that she finds herself ugly and that her exes only wanted sex?!?!?!? :jawdrop: She's 12!!!!!!
She details her struggles VERY openly.

Fuck you mom. Zero sympathy. These are things a mom should be monitoring if your kids have unrestricted access to the internet.

As for her room in the trailer? Yeah. I can see why the girl struggled.

Our daughter turns 12 in 22 days - there is now way I'm watching that video.

I wish someone has helped that girl. Heart breaking to hear of someone so young deciding that suicide was the only answer.

She wears way to much makeup for 12. I didn't cry before my suicide attempt ... It was something I really wanted. I might have had a muddled mind but I had a dry face. Her made up face and her tears makes me want to punch her mom in the mouth ... HARD.

I'm catching a bit of shit on FB for posting the video. I truly don't get it. All the shit we post which, if we are serious, people read out of pure morbid curiosity or schadenfreude, but all of a sudden this is too far? It's not like we are a gore site.

While I admit that I post these stories for shock factor, I do know that a lot of people read them for a variety of different reasons - good and bad. But I truly thought it would be a disservice not to post the video. For one, it's oddly fascinating. For another, I think it is a very sober visual into child suicides. We have a handful of child suicides on the site over the years and with every story there are comments from people who cannot fathom it. And here is a video that shows it all, in all its ugliness, the mindset of a 12-year-old girl who livestreamed her own hanging.

And who knows, maybe after some suicidal kids see it they may try and get help. If anything, maybe they won't hang themselves... that shit looked rough and took a lot more time to die than I think people realize.

@Morbid Meh. I thought the photo of the "hand"gun to her head was in poor taste. I mean c'mon dude! There wasn't a better photo to attach!!!??? I mean I know I would have seen that one and been like peeeerrrrfffeeeccct- but you're better than me! That said, attaching the video was just good journalism really.

Of course I kid about the pic, for all I know it's just a still shot of the video, which I won't be watching by the way! However, I did watch the Luka Magnotta video because my mother made me come over to her house to find it online for her as she isn't really computer savvy. Explains a lot really, now that I think about it... I digress! The point is you didn't do anything wrong. I also think the point you made about it potentially being a deterrent to other kids after seeing it in all it's horrors- is very valid!

I truly thought it would be a disservice not to post the video.

I think you're right about that because not every suicide is the same, and social media has really changed the suicide game. In the past you left a note and it was private...almost mysterious.
So from here the video looks like a tool. I don't believe this child really wanted to kill herself. It was too dramatic, and more like a cry for help that went wrong. She really took her time, from here it looks like that was done on purpose like maybe she was hoping that her parents wouldn't have arrived twenty minutes too late. All of her tears scream help me, not I'm done. People that are done don't cry. They just don't. They go in the other direction ... EVERYTHING is FINE. You can only play so many games with cutting and self harm before you either stop or die. I'm glad you posted the links to her on line diary and instagram. The life of a twelve year old is pretty scary. And also good to know.

I found it very deliberate, and methodical. It wasn't the least impulsive, and she only cried about saying goodbye to her friends, letting them down. Not once did she allow herself to instinctively reach for the rope to pull it from her neck. This was no cry for help, no bid for attention. Her body was twelve, but her mind was old beyond endurance. I watched, because she wanted it that way, someone to bear witness.

@Morbid said:
I'm catching a bit of shit on FB for posting the video. I truly don't get it. All the shit we post which, if we are serious, people read out of pure morbid curiosity or schadenfreude, but all of a sudden this is too far?
Everyone has a choice to watch it or not.

I didn't watch it. But,
I love that the option is mine. Thanks for posting the video.

I really think bashing mom is uncalled for...this is so horrible.

Right because Mothers with 12 year olds who make rape claims against their step fathers, and mothers with daughters who ultimately hang themselves from trees in the yard or down the street or in the wooded back lot are just so stellar. I would love to punch this mom in the mouth for simple fact that this mom let her daughter leave the house with that much lip stick on.
(Not saying the girl wasn't beautiful, just saying that was someones twelve year old)

Last edited:
didn't watch it but I have no issue with it being here. It's out there forever now anyway. I agree regarding her wanting someone to bear witness, whatever that means.

Still, sad as hell. We can send people into space but can't stop this from happening.

Her parents should not have let her be online at that age. Letting children play on social media is just an electronic babysitter. It's virtual Lord of The Flies.

We can send people into space but can't stop this from happening.
It's easy to send people to space, that's mechanical. Dealing with a messed up family is hard.

I attempted suicide at fourteen after a foster father attempted to rape me. At that ripe old age I had simply had it and a more hopeful horizon was too far off in the distance. The accumulated pain of my life up to that point became so acute that I desperately wanted to be released from it. When found unconscious I was rushed to the hospital and on regaining consciousness I thought I would drown in my tears. Everything I had held back, packed down, refused to take out and expose to the daylight were in that river of tears.

I began to receive the help I so desperately needed and in the end I found that the old, 'That which does not kill you makes you stronger' to be a solid truth.

I wish that a twelve year old Katelyn Nichole had been seen by someone who was in urgent and desperate need of help before she almost passively kicked the item she stood on from beneath her feet.

and on regaining consciousness I thought I would drown in my tears.

Yeah me too ... because coming back down through the tube was physically painful ... I felt like I was being sucked up from the bottom of a milkshake. (some people have a tunnel, I had a milk shake ) and I was still alive. I was devastated. No gratitude for that grace for a really long time. Years!
[doublepost=1483557392,1483557118][/doublepost]
I began to receive the help I so desperately needed

I bet that part hurt too ... there were days in therapy i walked around the room screaming my head off. Therapy ain't pretty ... nope its not. <3

That was hard to watch. She looks a lot older than 12. I don't know what was going on in that household, but there's no way it's kosher. Poor kid, I hope she doesn't have siblings.

Did anyone watch any of her videos on the instagram? There is no way you could miss how fucked in the head she was. You can't really even see the video...it's really dark and it kept lagging and stopping but yeah, you know what she did.

The vids on the instagram are sad.
I can't imagine such a young child doing that. I mean, why hang herself? I often wondered why kids choose that method. She needed help and didn't get it. Pretty young girl. Such a waste. Rip katie.

I can't imagine such a young child doing that. I mean, why hang herself?

For me the question is why hang yourself on the INTERNET. Why make such a spectacle of yourself. Why hang yourself from a tree in your neighbourhood at all ... like seriously they have closets and garages for that.

I often wondered why kids choose that method.

I still think this was accidental ... I don't think she chose this ... I think she didn't realise how fast you are incapacitated by hanging ... and not by broken necks and spines either, but by being rendered unconscious and unable to help yourself...its faster than most imagine. Less than ten seconds.

Lithiumgirl said:

I still think this was accidental ... I don't think she chose this ... I think she didn't realise how fast you are incapacitated by hanging ... and not by broken necks and spines either, but by being rendered unconscious and unable to help yourself...its faster than most imagine. Less than ten seconds.

Oh, I don't know about accidental as she did not even attempt to grab at the rope whatsoever once she stepped off. Her arms weren't incapacitated and were capable of movement as shown in the video as they flapped a bit on both sides of her body. It seemed to me that she fought the urge to grab at the rope that encircled her neck.

In her videos on IG. She cursed and her house looked wrecked and she wasn't happy about Christmas and what her siblings did to her room. Her mom had to know she was an very depressed girl.

I don't care about the video, I care about the kind of people it's attracting. There's literally comments about people jerking off to this on the front page article

Oh, I don't know about accidental as she did not even attempt to grab at the rope whatsoever once she stepped off. Her arms weren't incapacitated and were capable of movement as shown in the video as they flapped a bit on both sides of her body. It seemed to me that she fought the urge to grab at the rope that encircled her neck.

That's a misconception. The way she hanged herself means she would have been totally unable to claw at the noose - which I am positive she wanted to. The flapping of her arms were probably about all she could manage.

Wow...so that was live on Facebook and all that time she was setting up and talking, nobody came to talk to her? Seems like all kids and a lot of adults are constantly on Facebook. It seems to me that she took an awful lot of time getting everything ready and talking before she stepped off that bucket. Maybe she was hoping she didn't really have to actually do it. They way she stopped and looked into the camera when she walked past it in the beginning was sad to me. I think she wanted to be rescued. I hate that she felt she needed to do that. I also hate that her body hung out there all that time when her family was obviously close enough to see her if they looked.

How many people even paid attention to her online life? So when she went for the final attention grabber no one was tuned in.

Back