• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Nell

Unending melancholy
Bold Member!
A DAD has been found guilty of murdering his seven-month-old son today.

Kane Kennedy, 20, killed little Oskar Jobey-Kennedy by smothering him at a flat sometime between Wednesday, September 30 and Thursday, October 1 last year, a court heard.

A jury was told that Kennedy pushed his fingers into Oskar’s mouth – possibly in a bid to silence him – and put his hand over his mouth, deliberately smothering the child.

Paramedics attended the address in Morecambe, Lancs., shortly before 9am after a report that seven month-old Oskar had been fond unresponsive.

The baby was then taken to the Royal Lancaster Infirmary but was pronounced dead shortly afterwards and a post mortem examination showed the baby had died from smothering.

The court heard there were a catalogue of other non-accidental injuries on the infant’s body – including to his genitals and inside the baby’s mouth, consistent with fingers being pushed forcibly inside.

Detective Chief Inspector Jon Holmes, of Lancashire Constabulary said: “The level of injuries inflicted on this defenceless child by Kennedy are frankly obscene.

“It is almost impossible to understand the mind-set of someone who could do this to any child, let alone their own son.

“My thoughts remain with the wider family of baby Oskar who have been through so much over the last year.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.th...o-death-to-stop-him-crying/amp/?client=safari

I sure am curious about those other injuries...
The ones in the mouth because the baby is crying. Lost your temper. Wrong, absolutely, but i see a correlation between the two.

The genitals? So what did the genitals do that would make someone lose their mind and cause an injury bad enough to still be healing weeks later...?

I have been to Morecambe! Small resort city on the coast of Lancashire. Surrounding countryside and bay is very lovely and the Lake District is nearby.

I sure am curious about those other injuries...
The ones in the mouth because the baby is crying. Lost your temper. Wrong, absolutely, but i see a correlation between the two.
The genitals?

Maybe at some point it was the Dad that wouldn't stop crying... a nice thought. Yeah I'll just pretend that's what happened.

The little guy suffered terribly. Injuring a child in any manner is beyond me. Injuring a boys genitals is something I've read about happening so many times here on the DD. I just will never understand this.

His face looks more of the Meth variety then weed, especially compared to his early pics on Facebook......

......god damnit Oskar you were too beautiful and perfect an angel for this world!

A father has been detained for life for the murder of his seven-month-old son.

Kane Kennedy, 20, of Harewood Avenue, Heysham was found guilty at Preston Crown Court of killing Oskar Jobey-Kennedy by smothering him at a flat in Morecambe.

Oskar's mother Tia Jobey, 19, was sentenced to 30 months on 5 December after admitting causing or allowing the baby's death.

Kennedy will serve a minimum of 18 years before he is eligible for parole.

Paramedics were called on 1 October last year to reports a baby was found unresponsive. He was taken to hospital but later died.

A post-mortem examination showed the baby died from smothering.

There were a catalogue of other non-accidental injuries on the infant's body, including to his genitals and inside the baby's mouth consistent with fingers being pushed forcibly inside, the court heard.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-lancashire-38329840

Back