• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Satanica

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/...bduction-from-jacksonville-hospital/385789179
16111290_10155715690458312_1236747060_n_1484322570819_7676913_ver1.0.jpg

[....]
On July 10, 1998, just eight hours after Kamiyah was born, a woman posing as a nurse entered Shanara Mobley's hospital room at University Medical Center, now UF Health-Jacksonville. She told Mobley that Kamiyah had a fever and it needed to be checked. The woman then left the room and exited the hospital with the child and they both disappeared.

Our news partner, the Florida-Times Union reported that nurses thought the woman was a Mobley family member. They said they saw her interact with Mobley just hours before the abduction.

Police searched every floor and room of the hospital. The FBI and the Florida Department of Law Enforcement were also called to assist.

Surveillance video proved too grainy to identify the kidnapper and the camera in the nursery was broken, so law enforcement circulated a sketch of the suspect. There were also no photos of baby Kamiyah, so investigators told the public to look for a baby with an umbilical hernia, like a raised belly button, and bruising on her buttocks.

One year after Kamiyah went missing, authorities had more than 2,000 leads. They offered a $250,000 reward. The case was also featured on America's Most Wanted. But all leads ran dry.

It wasn't until late 2015 when local authorities received two tips that led them to South Carolina. JSO Cold Case detectives teamed up with the Walterboro Police Department and managed to locate an 18-year-old girl with the same birth date, but different name. They also discovered fake documents had been used to establish the girl's identity. Police interviewed several people in the area, who helped create more suspicion that the teen was Kamiyah.

JSO managed to obtain a DNA sample from the teen earlier this week and submitted it to the FDLE Crime Lab for testing. They received the results Thursday night and discovered that it was a match to Kamiyah's DNA taken shortly after she was born.

From Satanica's link. I wonder what the tips were. I wonder if the kidnapper told someone? There are a bunch of pics at the link too.

The kidnapper should spend the rest of her miserable life in prison, no matter what effect it'd have on the emotional well being of the child she may have mothered

http://www.wfaa.com/news/woman-abducted-18-years-ago-reunited-with-her-birth-parents/386235171
Mobley%20reunion_1484453757334_7688108_ver1.0.jpg

[....]
The reunion happened at a police department in Walterboro, a community where Kamiyah Mobley has been living as Alexis Manigo.

Her father, Craig Aiken, told CBS-affiliate WCSC that he is still in shock after the 45-minute reunion.

Aiken told her he loved her and he missed her.

“First meeting was beautiful, it was wonderful, couldn’t went no better... she was glad to meet us,” Aiken said.

Shanara Mobley, Kamiyah’s mother, was present as well. She did not comment.

“It’s a feeling that you can’t explain it, it’s hard to put it in words right now it’s hard to deal with this here right now,” Aiken said. “We are just trying to process it, 18 years, it’s going to be hard to make that up.”
[....]
On Friday, authorities confirmed they found the 18-year-old and arrested the suspect, Gloria Williams, 51.

There is no statute of limitations in the case and she could face life in prison. She will be extradited back to Jacksonville, CBS affiliate WJAX reports.
[....]
Sheriff Mike Williams described Kamiyah Friday as being in good health but emotionally overwhelmed. Some months ago, she “had an inclination” that she may have been kidnapped, the sheriff said. Authorities didn’t say why she suspected this.

At this point the family says they are not sure what’s next for them. The father says it will be Kamiyah’s decision whether or not she will be visiting Florida.

“For anybody that lost hope just keep hope alive, just keep praying, keep fighting, if it happened to me, it can happen to anybody,” Aiken said.

Velma Aiken said that even though she was filled with hope about their reunion, she was also a little worried. She referred back to Williams' first court appearance in South Carolina since her arrest. Manigo was in the court room and told Williams that she was "praying for her."

"She (was) crying," Aiken said. "I saw her telling her 'mother' she loved her, but that was the mom she knew."

Manigo grew up thinking Williams was her biological mother.

In the end, Aiken is hopeful and happy Manigo was reunited with her biological family.

"I'm going to be grandma whenever she want to come, but I want her to just do her," Aiken said.

I can't even imagine what something like this does to a person. I hopeshe has a strong support system.

n4y32p.jpg

The 18-year-old girl who found out she was kidnapped at birth has hit out against the man who claimed to have raised her, hours after he sobbed on television about how heartbroken he was at learning she had been abducted from the hospital as a baby.

Charles Manigo says he only found out he was not Kamiyah's biological father last week when his former partner Gloria Williams, 51, was arrested in South Carolina over the girl's abduction back in 1998.

Manigo tearfully told ABC News the couple had named the girl Alexis Kelly Manigo after Williams led him to believe she had given birth to her while he was away.

He claimed that they raised her in Walterboro, South Carolina as Alexis Kelly and even shared custody of her when they split in 2003.

But the teen girl took to Facebook and slammed the man she called 'dad' while growing up saying quite the opposite of what he sobbed on television over.

'He did nothing, he didn't even help with nothing (sic) that was done for that prom,' she wrote.

'He was the reason I didn't go to my senior prom, he was not there when I moved to Georgia, never saw him.

Of his alleged claims that he contributed money to Williams for child support, Kamiyah wrote, 'He like (sic) to bring up a $40 check a week? Thats (sic) nothing but $160 dollars. My bundles [of weave hair] cost $290.'

She continues, 'Do the math? Who was there? Gloria Williams. So what is a Charles Manigo? (sic)'

The teen girl went on to make a point about how he works at a car dealership, but yet her grandfather gave her her first car.

'I call my granddaddy daddy and he earned it,' Kamiyah wrote. 'I can count on my fingers how many times I've spent the night at your house.'

She claims that he told people that Williams prevented her from staying over at his house, when she actually just never wanted to see the man who she thought was her father.

'All he did was lie my whole life then tell people different,' Kamiyah wrote, while sharing a link to the ABC News article of the interview he did that aired both on Sunday and Monday.

'Don't share this article with no sympathy,' she concludes the post while using several emojis.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4125854/Kamiyah-Mobley-hits-man-thought-father.html

Charles Manigo says he only found out he was not Kamiyah's biological father last week when his former partner Gloria Williams, 51, was arrested in South Carolina over the girl's abduction back in 1998.

I guess this answers why she was kidnapped. To trap a man....

This poor girl. Her whole life was a lie. And the trapping didn't even work. She spent a lifetime hating a man that in all honesty shouldn't have in her life to begin with.

Her fake bio dad may have been a wastrel but to complain she couldn't attend the prom because he wouldn't pay for enough weave, or whinge because he didn't give her a car is everyday teen whining.
As a deadbeat dad his sins would be not providing means for nutritious food, safe housing and the day to day support and advice a loving father should do.

But sounds like her granddaddy tried to fill that gap.
I also hope when she isn't venting her spleen on fakebook she can use better grammar when it comes to applying for community college or a job.

Kamiyah Mobley is asking the court to show “grace and mercy” in support of her kidnapper’s request to the judge for a reduction of her prison sentence.

Action News Jax reported in June 2018 when Gloria Williams, the woman convicted of kidnapping Mobley from a Jacksonville hospital in 1998, was sentenced to 18 years in prison.

Authorities said Williams pretended to be a nurse when she took Mobley just hours after she was born at University Medical Center — which is now UF Health Jacksonville — and raised her as her own in South Carolina under the name Alexis Manigo.

Tips from the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children led officials to Walterboro, South Carolina in 2017, where they found a young woman with the same date of birth but with a different name and fraudulent documents. After collecting her DNA, officials said the results came back as a match for Mobley.

Though Mobley has since reunited with her biological mother and father, in a letter dated Sept. 30, 2021, Mobley wrote a letter to the court making it “very clear” that Williams is her mother.

“I had a well-rounded life; and I am an independent, college educated, and deeply spiritual person, because of all my mom gave me. I am fully aware of how our lives came to be, what they are, and how my mom came to be my mom,” Mobley wrote.

“I understand that none of this modifies the truth of the past, Nor does it justify my mom’s actions in any way,” Mobley added. “I ask for the court’s grace and mercy, as I need my mother home,” Mobley wrote.

According to court documents filed in December 2021, Williams included Mobley’s letter in her motion for the judge to consider modifying her sentence.

In Williams’ letter addressed to Judge Marianne Aho, she “prays” that the court will enter an order granting her motion to modify her sentence to a split sentence term of nine years in prison to be followed by nine years on felony probation, “or whatever relief this Court deems appropriate.”

She also mentions in the letter that she’s been a model inmate, has completed a faith and character program, and that she is actively pursing the completion of her Master’s degree in business administration.

“I have received no disciplinary reports whatsoever, and I have maintained an above satisfactory rating by both security and in my work assignment performance issued once a month by the Department of Corrections,” Williams wrote.

“I understand that this in no way mollifies my actions, however, I ask this Court for mercy and grace in considering modifying/reducing my sentence to a split sentence...” she added.

An impassioned plea from Gloria Williams to have her 18-year prison sentence reduced for kidnapping Kamiyah Mobley in 1998 has been dashed by a Duval County Circuit Court judge.

Despite assurances that she is working hard to improve herself four years into a prison sentence for stealing the hours-old infant from a Jacksonville maternity ward, the motion to cut her time in half was not filed in a timely manner, Judge Jeb Branham said.
His one-page response Tuesday also said he declined to address its merits.

"The court commends defendant for her efforts to rehabilitate herself and sympathizes with Ms. Mobley's perspective," Branham wrote. "However, even if the motion was filed on time, the court would not find a basis to undo the original sentencing judge's decision."

If this is how she was raised the kidnapper did a horrible job.

The bio-mom is very immature and lacks compassion for what Kamiyah has gone through.

Back