• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
A St. Paul man will spend three years behind bars after he was found guilty of felony child abuse and neglect in Wise County Circuit Court on Tuesday.

Justin Mark Ramsey, 28, was also convicted of possession of a firearm by a convicted felon. He was sentenced to 15 years in prison in total, with 12 suspended.

Shelby Rae Ramsey, 25, was found guilty of felony child endangerment. She will have to complete five years of probation.

According to Commonwealth’s Attorney Chuck Slemp, a 2-year-old child was taken to a Norton hospital in November 2016 by the child’s mother with a dislocated elbow, severe bruising to the face and head, a missing tooth, missing hair, and several scratches to her neck area. Investigators determined the child’s mother had allowed Justin and Shelby Ramsey to babysit the child for several days. The Ramseys gave inconsistent statements regarding the child. The only thing they said with certainty is that the child fell down the steps of their porch, two to four days prior.

During the child’s week-long stay at the home, the child was not taken to obtain medical treatment. Law enforcement searched the Ramsey home and found a gun. Justin Ramsey, who is a convicted felon, admitted it was his gun.
http://www.wcyb.com/news/virginia/w...rs-in-prison-for-felony-child-abuse/620096277

Last edited:
My gut instinct, she traded access to her kid for dope. Look at those two, they're spun.

Justin Mark Ramsey, 28, was also convicted of possession of a firearm by a convicted felon. He was sentenced to 15 years in prison in total, with 12 suspended.

Shelby Rae Ramsey, 25, was found guilty of felony child endangerment. She will have to complete five years of probation.
Too soft if you ask me.

I mostly read on this board and have for years. But this very argument came up on another board I am on just the other day. Crimes against property carry stronger sentences than crimes against children and I don't understand why. It's like they are just "throwaway things"....I become very disheartened by this kind of sentences.

Back