• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

AussieMum

A FATHER and his girlfriend were arrested today after allegedly abusing, neglecting and finally beating to death the man's three-year-old son.

John Taylor Baxley was found with extensive trauma to his body by Tampa emergency rescue crews who responded to a call about a child not breathing

http://www.news.com.au/breaking-new...death-in-florida/story-e6frfku0-1225904285683

There is video of the gorgeous boy at this link ...

http://www.myfoxtampabay.com/dpp/news/local/hillsborough/child-beaten-to-death-two-arrested-08112010

Sounds as if he wanted to beat the life out of little John, pissed off on the child support he was paying.
And the bitch has a daughter 3 yo too, she does not appear to be abused but likely traumatized no doubt witnessing the abuse.

So I wonder who's bright idea it was to send this sweet toddler across the country to visit dad for a month? perhaps it was for the summer, the judge maybe? i'm thinking with a brief marriage domestic abuse perhaps? if that be the case I'd think the judge would not allow such a visitation but then we've seen shit happen before.

The fuck faces:
81c7fe3a.jpg

[...]
SOURCE
The Sheriff's Office said it was apparent he had suffered extensive trauma to his upper body. He was pronounced dead at St. Joseph's Hospital.

[...]
Garwacki married Baxley's mother, Crystal Lee Ann Baxley, 25, in March 2006, county records show. She gave birth to their son that November.

But Garwacki also fathered a child with O'Connell, McKinnon said. The little girl is also 3.

In 2007, Baxley filed for divorce in Missouri, where she lives now. A judge set up a visitation plan and told Garwacki to pay $259 a month in child support, Missouri records show.

Last month, Garwacki brought the boy from Missouri to stay with him at a town home in the 14000 block of Lemon Valley Place in Citrus Park, McKinnon said.

Garwacki lived there with O'Connell and their daughter, who is now in the care of Child Protective Investigations Division, McKinnon said. He said the girl doesn't have any obvious signs of abuse, but she will be medically screened.

Court records show that O'Connell was charged with domestic violence battery in 2009, but the charges were dropped.

[...]
The Sheriff's Office said that over the course of the abuse, Garwacki and O'Connell never sought medical treatment for the boy. If they had, someone might have noticed the signs and alerted authorities, McKinnon said.

The Florida Department of Children and Families had no prior interaction with Garwacki, O'Connell or 3-year-old John, said spokesman Terry Field.
On Wednesday afternoon, Baxley updated her Facebook status to, "I just lost my son last nite."
You can see baby John at the link on the video, still looking for his picture. He was just a child trying to understand life. My son is about to turn 3 I cannot fathom being away from him, the delight, the absolute treasure of this age is a beautiful thing. Baby John Talor Baxley was priceless. I hope those two never see the light of day again.

Rest in peace baby John.

Last edited:
Since she was from here I looked him up on Casenet, the Missouri State court web site and they were divorced in the county I live in and when you look up the case you can view the docket entries on the divorce.

It appears that in April of 2007 he contested the paternity of the baby and requested DNA testing, and she was required to take a parenting class which seems to deal with co-parenting and divorce. Joint custody was finally awarded with the order for $259 per month in child support along with a visitation plan. It may have been that she HAD to send him per the judges orders. There was only one other charge on him and it was a traffic ticket.

Possible Myspace of mom:
http://www.myspace.com/rebelwithoutacost

Online Divorce Class she had to take:
http://puttingkidsfirst.org/divorceclassinformation.html

Casenet link:
http://https://www.courts.mo.gov/casenet/base/welcome.do

The only thing on her was a DWI and a couple of traffic tickets.

There are some pics of the baby on Myspace but her page was acting weird and I couldn't click anything.

So sorry she had to have a baby with POS and that the baby was abused by said POS.

RIP little man.

Thanks badfish for the info. I'm rather sure this is little John... looking for other pictures, I know she has a FB account so.....
l_cc61a459c55a52fc733822104ac0b94d.jpg

Abuse inflicted on 3-year-old detailed in court records
TAMPA — When Hillsborough County sheriff's deputies responded to a 911 call Tuesday that 3-year-old John Taylor Baxley wasn't breathing, they found a little boy with bruises across his body, a bite mark on his right calf and a left arm that appeared to be broken, a probable cause affidavit states.

The cause of the child's death is still unclear, but the Sheriff's Office says the boy's father and father's girlfriend repeatedly abused the boy during the last six weeks. Justin Garwacki, 26, and his girlfriend, Kara O'Connell, 21, are charged with aggravated child abuse, and deputies anticipate additional charges.

The affidavit released Thursday describes some of the abuse the boy endured, which, according to a Hillsborough County detective, was inflicted for no other purpose "than to injure and cause pain to the infant."

In an interview with a detective, Garwacki said he has hit his son with a "cupped" hand on his head, face, stomach, legs and genital area, the affidavit states.

He also told investigators that about a week ago, he had his son in the bathtub and was pouring water over the boy's head to teach him how to hold his breath. He said that when his son was not holding his breath properly, Garwacki struck the boy on the head, the affidavit states.

The boy fell and his head hit the tub, according to the document. Garwacki and O'Connell then filled a sock with uncooked rice and heated it in the microwave. They placed the sock onto the bruise, but that burned the boy's forehead, the affidavit states.

"The burn was an open, gaping wound that then went untreated," according to the affidavit.

In an interview with a detective, O'Connell also admitted to hitting the boy "numerous times about his face, head, and legs."

She said that she has hit him hard enough to cause bruising and that she has picked the boy up off the floor by his throat before, the affidavit states. She said she did that because the toddler would not listen to her. She also told detectives she knew striking John was "excessive and wrong."

On Tuesday, Garwacki hit his son numerous times on the head, face, stomach and genital area because he was not eating properly, the affidavit states. Frustrated, he pulled his son's chair out from under him and he fell to the floor with a "thud" sound, Garwacki told a detective.

O'Connell said that later that day, after the boy had eaten a Nutri Grain bar and had some juice, he began to throw up. She put the boy into the bathtub and he stopped breathing, the affidavit states.

When Garwacki arrrived at their home in the Citrus Park area north of Tampa, O'Connell told him what happened and he called 911. It's unclear how much time passed between when she noticed the boy wasn't breathing and Garwacki's 911 call.

"After further questing with both suspects, they admitted to physical abuse against the victim over the last six weeks," a detective wrote in the affidavit.
[...]
http://www.tampabay.com/news/public...-3-year-old-detailed-in-court-records/1114844

This makes me physically ill...the stupid bitch was upset he had another child and he was pissed he had to pay child support...so at that point why bother with any visitation. U don't want the child then fine leave him with mommy. Another thing that floors me are these judges that award long visitations with parents that have violent charges. There should be safe guards for these cases...where u have to have bi-weekly exams by a physician for the child or CPS visits. If the criteria isn't met mommy or daddy can come get the child ASAP. Just senseless!

Six fucking weeks!!! I cannot even begin to imagine what that little boy was thinking. The people who are supposed to take care of him, nurture him, cuddle him, LOVE him are the ones responsible for his torture, pain, heartache and ultimately his death. I cannot imagine hurting my kids in any way. It destroys me the look they get on their faces when I give them a time out or yell. I will never understand how someone can destroy something so amazing.:dong:

This makes me physically ill...the stupid bitch was upset he had another child and he was pissed he had to pay child support...so at that point why bother with any visitation. U don't want the child then fine leave him with mommy. Another thing that floors me are these judges that award long visitations with parents that have violent charges. There should be safe guards for these cases...where u have to have bi-weekly exams by a physician for the child or CPS visits. If the criteria isn't met mommy or daddy can come get the child ASAP. Just senseless!

Just want to point out that at the time the judge awarded joint custody there didn't seem to be any violent charges against the dad. The DV charged wasn't until 2009, which of course was dropped as most DV charges are.

Makes me so sick reading on the details. The burn, the gapping wound that alone would have been so painful! poor sweet child...suffer the little children...

I'm still looking for more pics on little John so if anyone finds his mom's FB, I saw an article that said she has one but can't find it!

WTF does someone heat a sock filed with uncooked rice to put it on a burn? Is that thought to make the sweeling go down or something?

WTF does someone heat a sock filed with uncooked rice to put it on a burn? Is that thought to make the sweeling go down or something?

They didn't put it on the burn, they put it on the bruise which then caused the burn because it was too hot. Fucking assholes.

My mom has a neck pillow that is full of uncooked rice, she pops it in the microwave for a few seconds before she uses it and it helps alleviate her pain.

Last edited:
Another little Ethan Stacy. Fucking courts. Dead Beat Parents. Pieces of shit step parents. To hell with all of them.

the heated sock thing must have been to inflict pain, I see no other reason.

Any dumb fuck knows to reduce a bruise you need ice not fricking heat!!

Assholes

Tampa, FL – A little over a month ago, Justin Garwacki Sr. traveled from Tampa to Missouri to pick up his 3-year-old son, John Taylor Baxley. The little guy was to spend the summer with his dad, dad’s girlfriend, Kara O’Connell, and his stepsister. Just six weeks into his summer visit, John was dead. For [...]

More...

Father, girlfriend plead not guilty in death of toddler
- Less than two months after a 3-year-old boy died, his father and his father's girlfriend have pleaded not guilty to aggravated child abuse charges.
John Taylor Baxley died Aug. 10 after being transported to St. Joseph's Hospital.
Justin Garwacki, 26, and his girlfriend, Kara O'Connell, face charges including aggravated child abuse, child abuse, child neglect and failing to report child abuse.

Today, Garwacki pleaded not guilty. O'Connell has entered a written plea of not guilty.
They are being held without bail. A disposition was scheduled for Nov. 4.

Hillsborough County sheriff's deputies said Garwacki and O'Connell had been responsible for the child's welfare since June 28.
Investigators said the toddler had bruising on his body, a bite mark on his right calf and a possible broken arm. An autopsy has been completed, but the cause of death is pending.
Investigators said that on the day Baxley died, Garwacki struck him several times and pulled a chair out from under him, causing the boy to strike the floor with a "thud."
[...]
According to investigators, Garwacki said he had struck his son's head and body and that a week prior to that, he had been teaching the boy how to hold his breath in the tub.

"He advised that when his son was not learning how to do it properly, he struck him in the head with his hand knocking him down" and causing the boy to hit his head on the tub, the report states.

Garwacki and O'Connell then filled a sock with uncooked rice and heated it in the microwave before placing it on the boy's head, burning him, the report states.

O'Connell said she also struck the child's face and body and once had lifted him by his throat because he wouldn't listen to her, investigators said
http://www2.tbo.com/content/2010/sep/20/201114/father-girlfriend-plead-not-guilty-in-death-of-tod/
2v8g86a.jpg
Justin P. Garwacki appears with his attorney Charles Traina, center, before Judge Chet A. Tharpe and enters a plea of not guilty.​

How is it that these freakin' maniacs are always beating kids to death over stupid shit like not holding their breath right? Is there even a wrong way to do that?

I mean I might have the tiniest bit of comprehension if they were beaten for running out in front of a car or trying to stick a fork in a light socket!

Agreed. It isn't even important to know how to hold your breath. This guy was a termagant bent on finding fault so he could beat the little boy.

Last edited:
My honey has 3 boys. They are teenagers now (and are jerky sometimes, which is the norm), but because they are not mine, I treat them with absolute care. Sure there were times I wanted to strangle them, and yes I yelled at them, but to torture someone elses kids?Their mom trusts me to take care of them when they visit and dosent worry when they are here. That stepmonster had no right, no right whatsoever, to inflict any damage or harm on that baby. That baby was NOT hers, and she had an obligation to intervene when the father was hurting that baby and definately not participate.. And this went on relentlessly for 6 weeks? Until that baby died? Fuckin A. That poor sugar dumpling probably didnt know why this torture was happening, and missed his mommy something terrible every night. Those assholes make me sick.

I just seen his obituary today.

August 15, 2010
John Taylor “J.T.â€￾ Baxley
The Joplin Globe
g0002580000000000009c2e68e95fdad000d00e84d8c7f3eeade056ba7c.jpg

SARCOXIE, MO — John Taylor “J.T.â€￾ Baxley, age 3, of Sarcoxie, Mo., passed from this life on Tuesday, Aug. 10, 2010, at the St. Joseph Hospital in Tampa, Fla. J.T. was born on Nov. 2, 2006, in Joplin, Mo. He is survived by his mother, Crystal Baxley, of Sarcoxie; his NaNa, Micki Baxley; his PaPa, Bryan Baxley; his Pappy and MiMi, Mize and Bob, and Gramma Dianne Ramsey, all of Sarcoxie; his great-grandparents, John H. and Rose Baxley, of Tampa; his great-grandmother, Bobbie Ann Bonnow, of Sarcoxie; his great-uncle, Brent Bonnow, of Sarcoxie; his uncle, John T. Baxley, of the state of Arizona; his great-uncle, Robert Baxley and family; his great-aunt, Florence Lewis and family; his great-aunt and uncle, Betty and Dennis Bell; his great-uncle, Clark “Corkyâ€￾ Baxley and family; and his great-aunt and uncle, Frances and John Solomonson and family, all of the Tampa Bay area. J.T. was preceded in death by his great-grandfather, Junior Bonnow, of Sarcoxie. This beautiful little boy brought joy and laughter to everyone he met. We were all privileged to have had what little time we were given with him and pray that no one that loved him squandered one second of that time. He will remain in our hearts, thoughts and prayers forever. Memorial services for J.T. will be held at 7 p.m. on Thursday, Aug. 19, at the Housh-Goodwin Funeral Home in Sarcoxie. Reverend Don Sullivan will officiate. In lieu of flowers, the family request that contributions be made to the J.T. Baxley memorial fund in care of the funeral home. Arrangements are under the personal care and direction of Housh-Goodwin Funeral Home, Sarcoxie
:frown:

Almost six months after the death of a 3-year-old boy, the child's father and the man's girlfriend have been charged with murder.

. . .

An autopsy ruled his death was a homicide.

The boy's father, Justin Garwacki, initially was arrested in August on charges of aggravated child abuse and child neglect. Garwacki's girlfriend, Kara O'Connell, faced the same charges.

Garwacki, 26, and O'Connell, 21, were indicted today on one count each of first-degree murder, prosecutors said. Both remained in jail.

Investigators were awaiting the autopsy results before seeking murder charges, sheriff's spokeswoman Debbie Carter said.

The autopsy showed Garwacki and O'Connell contributed to the child's death and that the injuries were inflicted over a long period of time, Carter said. The injuries also were inconsistent with the explanations provided by Garwacki and O'Connell.

. . .
http://www2.tbo.com/content/2011/fe...ed-with-murder-in-toddlers-dea/news-breaking/
A grand jury has indicted a father and his girlfriend in the first-degree murder of 3-year-old John Taylor Baxley, who was abused in his last six weeks of life for no other purpose, deputies said, than to injure and cause pain.. . .
http://www.tampabay.com/news/courts...e-indicted-in-death-of-3-year-old-boy/1149373

I wish the articles would say what sentences are being preferred.

Me to. I am breathe sharply and anxious, this poor poor angel

Back