• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

CbabyRKO

Trumperdink Mussolini
Milwaukee dad behind bars for a fatal hit-and-run will walk free after admitting he took the blame for the true culprit: his son.

A judge ordered Monday that Juan G. Silva be released from prison after the 45-year-old dad explained he lied during his confession, plea and sentencing to cover up for his now 22-year-old son, also named Juan G. Silva.

Silva Sr. — who was one year into a five-year sentence for the September 2013 crash that killed a 39-year-old man — said he wanted to protect Silva Jr., who initially thought he hit a dog.

The son, who was charged with the crime Thursday, faces up to six years in prison, the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel reported.

Silva Jr. crashed into 39-year-old Juan R. Zapata-Guerrero and 43-year-old Angalee Jacobs on Sept. 28, 2013, as the two were leaving a local bar about 10:30 p.m.

Zapata-Guerrero died while Jacobs suffered broken bones and a torn knee ligament.

The younger Silva went home and hysterically confessed he hit a dog, Silva Sr. said. The next day, the father saw the hit-and-run on the news and realized his son had hit two people, not a dog.

Silva Sr. went to the police station and confessed to the crash. He said he was distracted on his cellphone and couldn’t see well because the van had faulty windshield wipers.

He was sentenced to prison time based on the faulty confession.

But the father came clean after his wife gabbed about the switch. Claudia Sanchez told one of her co-workers her husband was in jail just because he took the fall for his son — and the co-worker told a police officer.

Investigators grilled Sanchez until she confessed her husband took the blame because he didn’t want to ruin her son’s life.

Silva Sr. is not expected to face charges for lying in court. He will be released in the next few days, officials said.
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crime/milwaukee-dad-confessed-son-hit-and-run-free-article-1.2306447

Damn faulty windshield wipers...they're so unpredictable. If not for them he could have read his cell messages faster, and none of this would have happened. I guess this kid just has bad luck.

I'm OCD about hanging titles so I had to change it 3 different times before I could get it to fit lol.
Yeah I love my offspring like no other but I'll be damned if I'm taking the rap for them. These parents failed parenting 101 that's for damn sure. They are teaching their little snowflake consequences don't have actions and you can do what you want without fear of reprisal. NOT how the world works!

My Mom showed up to bail me out once, I lost it in court as soon as I seen her face... spoke to her from the prisoner's box like we were the only two people in the room. What the fuck are you doing here Mom...You don't need to see this...get out of here...go home. Then suddenly the judge was saying my name...What a shitty son...It upset me to see my mom in court coming to get me out...I can't imagine letting her do time for my stupid mistakes. I LOVE YOU MOM! <3<3<3

I believe he knew he hit two people and not a dog. I'd have screamed to the mountain tops that I was guilty before I'd let one of my parents do time for me. This son is an asshole.

The part of me that watches too many crime dramas wonders if the dad really did it and this is an elaborate plan by the family. He confesses and gets convicted, wife 'let's it slip' he's innocent, he gets released, now double jeopardy applies and he can confess again at the son's trial and the whole family strolls out of court.
I realize it's not likely to happen in real life, but in case it does I want to be able to say, "called it."

The part of me that watches too many crime dramas wonders if the dad really did it and this is an elaborate plan by the family. He confesses and gets convicted, wife 'let's it slip' he's innocent, he gets released, now double jeopardy applies and he can confess again at the son's trial and the whole family strolls out of court.
I realize it's not likely to happen in real life, but in case it does I want to be able to say, "called it."

Fucking conjecture...love it! <3

Angalee Jacobs is my cousin. She still dealing with the pain both physical and emotional. Juan was one of her best friends. Gonna call her tomorrow ask her if she heard about this. I would HOPE someone dealing with the case would let the victim know before the media, right?

Is this seriously a real possibility??
I'd flip the phq out if this really happened!

Angalee Jacobs is my cousin. She still dealing with the pain both physical and emotional. Juan was one of her best friends. Gonna call her tomorrow ask her if she heard about this. I would HOPE someone dealing with the case would let the victim know before the media, right?
Omg so sorry your family had to deal with this. I could not fathom what your cousin is going through right now. I want to say at least the right guy is being prosecuted but does it even matter right now?
I just don't under why the parents went with it, it's not like he is some kinda choir boy, on track to make a 150K a year and take care of them for life. He's a selfish immature asshole who only looks out for himself. Glad mom blabbed.

Is this seriously a real possibility??
I'd flip the phq out if this really happened!

Highly unlikely. Just a flight of fancy by another member of the board. As they themselves said, they have probably been reading too many crime dramas. Don't let it worry you.

Also there's so much more to the story...
She believes they intended to hit them on purpose, that they are trying to kill her. I guess they somehow knew each other or someone they know, possibly her neighbors. They must've had problems before the 'accident'. I know her neighbor either knows the ppl that did this or is related, all I know is her neighbors can't stand my cousin.

Anyways here is her reaction to this bullshit.
She posted it on her FaceBook, she HAD a lot of replys, but for whatever reason she deleted em all.

Angalee Jacobs
I just want to say my heart goes out to Juan Zapata's children, it's been a hard year for me and i could only imagine what his children went through, i am in total shock that we are going to have to go through this again. First of all i would like to say i do not support your Shakespeare theory... a parent especially a father is suppose to teach his child right from wrong not encourage lies and deception, you were willing to let your child live a lie what kind of parent does that? Loyalty... what happened to dignity and honor? i will save the rest for court on Monday. I have alot of unanswered questions too, why should i believe you were not in the vehicle with your so call broke arm? I believe you were both in the car and you both should be charged, the DA fell for your lies i pray to god he doesn't this time, your whole family is a liar and i think they should charge your wife also. They should give him and his son another lie detector test to see if they are being truthful i wouldn't just take the word or confession, your wife probably just wants you back and your son is messing up failing to control his vehicle and no insurance according to ccap ..Did he hit something or someone i want to know, after all the pain and suffering you caused you still drive around with no insurance, why don't you tell me who the van belongs to? So much lies and deception with the orginal lawyer why should i believe you now? He probably isn't taking care of the family as he should but i feel no pity for you i am suffering in pain everyday. The anger, hate, sorrow, depression, ptsd, guilt, even the physical pain from my broke ribs came back to me when i heard this sickening news you are a shameful coward i hope you realize how your actions affected my life let alone them 3 fatherless kids

Back