• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Whisper

#byefelicia
14y8vv9.jpg
10f3swk.jpg

Joshua Cavett, 37, apologized Monday in court for the murders, but couldn't bear to look at devastated family members of the woman he killed last year.​
[...]
tatted-up felon who shot dead his estranged wife last year in front of the couple’s two children will spend life in prison after pleading guilty Monday to the murder
[...]
Sporting a tattoo of brass knuckles under his right eye, Joshua Cavett apologized for the October 2013 slaying, but couldn’t bear to make eye contact as family members of Jessie Doyle Cavett railed against the cold-blooded killer for taking away his children’s mother.

“She’ll kiss my tattoo and say, ‘Grandma, that’s my mommy. She’s our special angel and she’s in heaven, and will always be in our hearts,” Jessie’s devastated mother, Judy Doyle, said in court
[...]
“I said, ‘Yes, she will.’”

Cavett shot 27-year-old Jessie inside her Gresham apartment, in front of their 5- and 2-year-old daughters, before abducting the 2-year-old girl, sparking a brief Amber Alert, on Oct. 12, 2013.
"I am so sincerely sorry for this tragic incident that has hurt so many 13 months ago," Cavett read in a statement in court
[....]
"The biggest victims in all this are four beautiful children who've lost a mother forever and a father in prison for life."

After fleeing the bloody scene, the 5-year-old daughter told a family friend who responded, “Josh hurt mommy … Josh shot mommy.”

When officers arrived, the tiny tyke was bawling, holding a cell phone to her ear, as she put a stuffed animal near her mom’s head and used tissues to wipe off some blood
[...]
Jessie had a restraining order filed against Cavett months before the murder after he threatened to tie her to a chair and “peel my skin off layer by layer.”
[...]
wasn’t the first threat or violence committed by Cavett, who’d spent time behind bars on a 2007 assault rap. A court gave him no visitation rights to the children after his criminal history was revealed, upsetting the ex-con.

He says he will hurt me or have me hurt by someone else that no one will ever know,” Jessie wrote in her restraining order application
[...]
“He will not let me alone to be a mother.”
[....]
Cavett fessed up to the crime.

“I’m not going to complain. I just f---ing killed somebody,”
[...]
Cavett could be released from prison on parole in 28 years, according to the sentence handed down Monday in exchange for his guilty plea.

"No matter what sentence gets handed down, it can never be enough,” Jon Doyle, Jessie’s dad,
[...]
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crime/felon-killed-wife-front-2-young-kids-life-article-1.2023088
2rc25js.jpg

Jessie Doyle Cavett, 27, was fatally shot in her Gresham apartment by her estranged husband Joshua Cavett.​

This piece of trash deserves the death penalty for what he did. I feel sorry for the poor girls who had to witness it. They will be scarred for life. I doubt very much if he is sorry.

When officers arrived, the tiny tyke was bawling, holding a cell phone to her ear, as she put a stuffed animal near her mom’s head and used tissues to wipe off some blood
Adter reading that there, he should have received no sentence less than the death penalty. The fact that he wasn't sentenced to death is an absolute injustice.

Back