• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

CbabyRKO

Trumperdink Mussolini
An Alaskan man was arrested after he led police on a low-speed chase on a forklift, which he stole and used to break into a liquor store.

Witnesses called police after they saw a forklift with two front prongs attached slam into the Brown Jug liquor store around 3.30am on Thursday.

The man, 38-year-old Joseph Martin, allegedly took some bottles of alcohol, got back into the front-end loader and fled.

Police pursued Martin in the forklift, but the chase only reached speeds of about 15mph.

In a video posted by the Anchorage Police Department, an officer can be heard telling dispatch the tires on the forklift are industrial and he will be unable to puncture them.

He also says they have no way of forcing him off the road.

The video shows the final four minutes of the chase, which ends in a trailer park with Martin surrendering to police.

Alcohol bottles were found inside the front-loader, which had been stolen from a construction site, officers said.

The loader had been stolen from Trina Gaskov of Green Acres Landscaping Construction and Aquascapes in South Anchorage, according to Alaska Dispatch News.

'The fence had gotten broken through when he took the loader.

'The keys were left in it, but it was left in a fenced-in area that was supposed to be secure,' said Jennifer Castro of the Anchorage Police.

Gaskov told the Dispatch News she believes Martin had previous experience driving forklifts.

'He's obviously a good driver, 'cause he was drunk off his butt but he was still driving really good.

'He didn't hit a car or nothing — and making those wide turns — he must have experience driving around the loaders or something,' she said.
[ …]
Martin is being held on suspicion of criminal mischief, burglary, felony driving while intoxicated and other counts. His bail is set at $30,000.
LINK

An Alaskan man was arrested after he led police on a low-speed chase on a forklift, which he stole and used to break into a liquor store.

This is all I could read....refuse to read the rest.. Fucking moron.. :cheers: They will NEVER catch me NNOOWW!!!

I didn't think alcohol was legal in alaska? I'm not sure why I thought that, but I guess I was wrong.

I didn't think alcohol was legal in alaska? I'm not sure why I thought that, but I guess I was wrong.
IIRC it isn't legal on the reserves, but that's just information I have gained through reading some fiction set in Alaska involving smuggling rotgut to the reserves. Let me see if I can find something.

ETA: found something from the state itself. This is one of the FAQs on the Alaska Alcohol and Marijuana Control Office web site.
Does Alaska regulate importation for personal use?

Alaska does not limit or tax alcoholic beverages brought into this state for personal use and not for resale. Out-of-state suppliers may ship alcoholic beverages to Alaska residents. Over 75 Alaska communities have by local option banned the importation or possession of alcoholic beverages. It may be a felony crime to ship alcoholic beverages to those communities. A list of those communities can be found on the Damp/Dry Communities pages of this web site.
Link

In short, it's legal unless it isn't.

--Al

Last edited:
I don't think it is legal on most reserves because I've watched some of those reality cops shows that are set in Alaska and most of it is about either searching for the ones bringing it in or trying to dry out the ones that are drinking it.

so of course now I'm an expert. LOL

IIRC it isn't legal on the reserves, but that's just information I have gained through reading some fiction set in Alaska involving smuggling rotgut to the reserves. Let me see if I can find something.

ETA: found something from the state itself. This is one of the FAQs on the Alaska Alcohol and Marijuana Control Office web site.

Link

In short, it's legal unless it isn't.

--Al
Thanks! I thought I had heard that somewhere. May alaska state troopers or one of those shows.

Embedded media from this media site is no longer available

:cheers: AND here is the video of this brilliant escape!!

In a trailer park as a spot to flee to?..lol
I was waiting for the token yapping tiny dog...and was not disappointed.

Back