• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

sugarfree irony

Trusted Member
Western Pennsylvania residents are asking what is going on at Plum High School. This, after the school has seen its second teacher arrested for allegedly having sex with a student in less than a week.

TribLive.com is reporting that the accused suspect is Joseph J. Ruggieri, 40, an English teacher and vice president of the Plum Borough Education Association that represents the district's 268 teachers.
Plum police arrested Ruggieri about 7 p.m. Tuesday in his home, Chief Jeffrey Armstrong said. Ruggieri is charged with one count each of institutional sexual assault and corruption of minors.

Ruggieri came under investigation as authorities were looking into allegations against fellow high school teacher Jason Edward Cooper. Police charged him Feb. 11 with one count each of institutional sexual assault, furnishing alcohol to minors and corruption of minors.
http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/index.ssf/2015/02/2nd_teacher_arrested_for_sex_w.html

Remember that talk your parents gave you that started " If a stranger offers you candy ..." ? I guess now days it goes " If a teacher offers you a drink ... " .

You mean to tell me this fucker is Vice President over 268 teachers, and he couldn't get any good ideas from any of them about how to keep this secret?! Man, they don't take education seriously over there in...in Plum (snicker) Plum Borough...

I do believe all of that hard work to get the degrees for teaching and obtaining the principal's position can be tossed in a barrel and lit a fire because they are no longer any good. Well in prison he could be directed to teaching inmates. They might be more on his level and who knows that might be what he needs............a little attitude re-adjustment, sexually and physically!

I thought I would be nice and give a little update on this slime bag.

Ruggieri had been allowed to stay at home under house arrest with electronic home monitoring, but was ordered not to have contact with his victim. After a previous alleged attempt to intimidate his victim, Ruggieri was ordered not to access the internet. Monday, he was arrested and charged with a new count of witness intimidation after he allegedly used the internet to again intimidate the same victim.

http://www.wtae.com/news/plum-teacher-in-sex-case-accused-of-witness-intimidation-again/33835724

Plum School District has some serious fucked up shit going on there.

First they had this one where another teacher, Jason Cooper was arrested for having sex with a student.
http://www.wpxi.com/news/news/local/plum-hs-teacher-accused-having-sexual-relationship/nj8zH/

Then Ruggieri got arrested some time later for also having sex with a student.

Then they had another teacher, Drew Zoldak arrested for intimidating the victim in class. He actually identified Ruggieri's alleged victim in front of her classmates.

http://www.wpxi.com/news/news/local/breaking-3rd-plum-teacher-arrested/nkzn7/

Then they had another teacher, Drew Zoldak arrested for intimidating the victim in class. He actually identified Ruggieri's alleged victim in front of her classmates.

What in the fuckity fuck??? He just threw away his freedom AND his career for what? To help out a "friend"? Or did he want to embarrass her before she could tell that he slept with her too? I can't wrap my mind around thissun

Zoldak told his students he wasn't in class recently because he was being questioned by authorities, pointed at Ruggieri's alleged victim and said, “because of her,” according to the criminal complaint.

Police said Zoldak then taunted the female student, wanting to know if she was OK with next week’s topic: sexual assault.

What are these fucktards? Gym teachers? Former all star high school athletes who are used to getting away with bad behavior? Asswipes.

Girls family filed a lawsuit against the school yet? Hope they get filthy fuckin rich off this.

He looks a bit like Scott Peterson. All because of her...okay buddy! Intimidation...i wouldn't be surprised at all if she ended up dead.

April 18, 2016

Joseph Ruggieri, 41, was sentenced to two to five years in prison by Allegheny County Judge David Cashman after pleading guilty to felony charges of institutional sexual assault and corruption of minors.

“I have deep remorse," Ruggieri told the court. “The last 14 months have given me an opportunity to reflect on what it means to be contrite.”

Ruggieri also pleaded guilty to witness intimidation. After serving his time in prison, he will be placed on probation for five years and be forced to register as a sex offender. He had been arrested twice for contacting the student while he was free on bond and under court orders to avoid her.

After the sentence was handed down, Ruggieri's lawyer said his client has been humble and wanted to take responsibility for his actions from the beginning.

"He is a very intelligent person," attorney R. Anthony DeLuca said. "I think he will ultimately do a lot of good in society when he's released from prison."

Former teacher Jason Cooper pleaded guilty earlier in March to having sex with a student and was sentenced to prison. Police have said that his case is not related to Ruggieri.

Plum teacher Drew Zoldak is awaiting trial on witness intimidation charges, stemming from an allegation that he pointed out Ruggieri's victim in one of his classes. Zoldak is not accused of having sex with students.

http://www.wtae.com/article/another-plum-teacher-pleads-guilty-to-sex-with-student/7479391

June 14, 2016

The consensus among the nine women and three men who heard the criminal case against suspended Plum Senior High School teacher Drew Zoldak was that he was wrong for telling his students he’d been interviewed about an ongoing investigation of institutional sexual assault at the school.

But, they also agreed Monday, his behavior April 20, 2015, was not illegal.

“We couldn’t see he intended to go in there and do harm to the case,” said a juror who asked not to be named.

Mr. Zoldak, 41, went to trial on one count of witness intimidation after investigators said he singled out the victim of former teacher Joseph Ruggieri in his class that morning. Students asked him why he had been absent the previous Friday, and he told them he was being interviewed by detectives. When asked why, prosecutors said, Mr. Zoldak pointed at Ruggieri’s victim and said, “Because of her.”

The jury found Mr. Zoldak not guilty after deliberating about 90 minutes Monday. Not all jurors were convinced that Mr. Zoldak actually pointed out the young woman, but still they didn’t like his actions.

“We all agreed he was wrong in what he did,” the unnamed juror said.

During his own testimony, Mr. Zoldak agreed that he probably should have told his students something else to explain his absence.

The victim testified last week that Mr. Zoldak’s actions caused her to question her decision to testify against the teacher who assaulted her, Ruggieri, and cooperate with the police.

But defense attorney Alexander Lindsay argued in closings that even if what she testified to was true, did it rise to the level of intimidating a witness?

“This isn’t the crime of making someone feel bad,” he said. “This isn’t the crime of embarrassing someone. This crime is designed to keep people from trying to interfere with the system of justice.

“This is a horrible thing for him. It’s a train that just doesn’t want to stop. You have the power to make it stop,” he told jurors.

Among the elements of the crime the jury needed to find beyond a reasonable doubt was that Mr. Zoldak intended to stop the victim from testifying or cooperating.

“Do you recall any evidence whatsoever, even if you believe her, that would fit into one of those areas?” Mr. Lindsay asked jurors. “Isn’t it more likely she was upset because she was exposed that she was this person who had an affair with a teacher?”

Assistant district attorney Brian Catanzarite zeroed in on the defense attorney’s words in his closing, noting that Mr. Zoldak told the detectives who interviewed him, “‘Well, doesn’t it take two to tango?’”

“As in, well, can’t we just blame the victims?” Mr. Catanzarite said. “It happened again in closings. Did you catch it? She was embarrassed about what she did. Not about what the adult teacher did. Let’s blame the victim again.”

Mr. Catanzarite argued that just because all of the students in the classroom didn’t hear what Mr. Zoldak said — several students testified for the defense that their teacher never called out the victim — didn’t mean it wasn’t a crime.

“That intimidation, ladies and gentlemen, doesn’t have to be in a group. A one-on-one conversation is all it takes.

“When Mr. Zoldak did it, it broke her. Did he know what he did that day would impede her ability to be a witness in a sexual assault case? Her world was upside down, and he calls her out in class.”

http://www.post-gazette.com/local/e...n-Plum-intimidation-case/stories/201606130128

Back