• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
A Pennsylvania father has been charged with homicide after police say he admitted to beating his four-month-old daughter to death because she would not stop crying.

Joseph 'Joe' Gazzam, 30, initially told officers the baby had fallen out of bed at their Mt. Lebanon home on Sunday.

However, the Allegheny County Police say Gazzam changed his story on Monday and confessed to the killing after an autopsy showed Victoria Gazzam had a laundry-list of injuries and broken bones.

The 30-year-old former US Army truck driver confessed to repeatedly punching the newborn baby with a closed first because she was 'fussy' and would not stop crying or go back to sleep, which made him ‘angry.’

Baby Victoria was rushed to a local hospital, where she was pronounced dead.

The next day, the Allegheny County Medical Examiner’s Office completed the autopsy, which determined the cause of death to be blunt force trauma to the head and trunk, and ruled the manner of death a homicide.

Following a police investigation, Gazzam was arrested on charges of homicide, recklessly endangering another person, and endangering the welfare of a child.

On Sunday morning, Gazzam was left in charge of his baby daughter while her mother, Kayla Walters, went to work at a restaurant at around 7am, reported the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette.

During his initial interview, Gazzam told police the infant woke up at around 10.30am, at which time he changed her diaper and gave her baby formula.

The father and daughter later went to take a nap on the bed together, and when he woke up shortly after noon, he found the child lying face down on the floor.

However, after the medical examiner released the autopsy report showing that baby Victoria suffered injuries that could not have been caused by a fall from a mattress that was 2 feet, 2 inches above a carpeted floor, including a brain bleed; lacerated heart vessel; lacerated left kidney; liver contusion; multiple bruises to the back and head; bleeding behind the eyes and three fractured ribs, Gazzam offered a different narrative.

A criminal complaint quoted Gazzam as telling police that his daughter ‘stopped breathing and her eyes rolled back in the head,’ at which point he called 911.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...an-accused-beating-infant-daughter-death.html
4657EE9200000578-5081349-Brutalized_Autopsy_found_the_newborn_suffered_a_brain_bleed_lace-a-2_1510680447500.jpg

Truly sad
If only she knew she would be beaten and killed
I still and always say You take a innocent life your life should be taken.. Not just jail
Jail is not for murders
Murders should be hanged or the chair within. 90 days of when you took a child's life period
Fuck them why should we feed these criminals ??

I think the only reason it's not like that is because no one wants an innocent person to be put to death. That's pretty much my only objection to the DP.

June 15, 2018

A Mt. Lebanon man accused of killing his 4-month-old baby girl went before a judge today.

An Allegheny County Police detective told the court Joseph Gazzam admitted to him that when his baby girl wouldn’t stop crying he punched her with a closed fist in the head, the stomach and the back.

Detectives say 30-year-old Gazzam was home alone with his daughter, Victoria, on Nov. 12, 2017. According to police, Victoria’s mother went to work and Gazzam was caring for the infant in their attic home.

Around 12:20 p.m., police were called to the home for a report of a non-responsive child. Victoria was taken to Saint Clair Hospital and pronounced dead about an hour later. Police said Gazzam first told them he fell asleep in bed with the infant and woke up to find her unresponsive on the floor.

Detectives said he later admitted that after punching the baby, she stopped breathing and her eyes rolled back in her head.

The doctor who performed the baby’s autopsy told the court the baby had multiple contusions to her back and head, a lacerated kidney and heart vessel, fractured ribs, and a brain bleed. The doctor told the court she also discovered some chronic injuries to Victoria’s arms that were likely from repeated twisting.
https://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2018/06/15/joseph-gazzam-charges-held-for-court/
1543704163141.png

@Satanica
Calling the fatal beating of a 4-month-old girl “the most disturbing case” he’d ever had, an Allegheny County Common Pleas Court judge on Wednesday ordered the infant’s father to serve 21 to 42 years in prison for killing her.

Joseph Gazzam, 31, pleaded guilty in April to criminal homicide, and following a degree-of-guilt hearing in June was found guilty of third-degree murder in Victoria Gazzam’s death.

Victoria’s mother, Kayla Walter, told Judge Todd she hoped Gazzam rotted in prison.

“How could he do such a thing?” she asked. “How can he live with himself knowing he killed his own daughter?”

At sentencing, Gazzam apologized, blaming his actions on alcohol and drug abuse that worsened following two tours of duty with the Army in Afghanistan.

“I loved her more than anything in the world,” he said. “She was one of the best things that ever happened to me.

“I know, for sure, in my mind and heart I would not intentionally cause harm to my daughter.”

But prosecutors say he did.

Victoria suffered at least two blows — causing bleeding in her brain. She had a fractured left arm, lacerated kidney, a torn heart vessel and bruises to her liver, back and head.

“Instead of attending to the needs of his child, he beat her into silence, your honor,” said Assistant District Attorney Alison Bragle. “He could have put the baby in the crib and walked out the door.”

Bragle told the court that all of the psychological issues the defendant claimed to have were self-reported and not supported by the defendant’s medical records. He had no formal diagnoses.

She also said that Gazzam showed no remorse while he was hospitalized and instead showed a lack of conscience and bragged about having killed his daughter.

Back