• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Whisper

#byefelicia
Police Arrest Marine Linked to Two Abduction Cases
Arlington man also suspected in another case
Feb 27 2010
An active duty Marine, who was put behind bars for the robbery and abduction of a woman on Feb. 10, has also been suspected of being responsible for Saturday's abduction of two women in Arlington, according to police.
Arlington police arrested Jorge “Georgeâ€￾ Torrez, 21, at the Marine Corps facility Henderson Hall late Saturday night. Police said the composite sketch of the suspect in the Feb. 10 case and evidence led them to Torrez.
Earlier Saturday, at 4:20 a.m., a man forced two women at gunpoint into a house near 600 North Wakefield Street in Arlington. He tied them both up, but made one of the women get into his car. Police say the man sexually assaulted the woman and left her in Prince William County.
She was seriously injured and left by the suspect in Prince William County by the suspect,â€￾ said Detective Crystal Nosal, an Arlington police spokeswoman. “She regained consciousness and made it out to a roadway where she contacted police for help.â€￾
Nosal said police are now looking at Torrez as a suspect in that incident. “Given the facts of the case that he tried to force a woman into his vehicle. And we’re looking for a suspect of the similar description. We’re investigating all aspects to see if the two are connected.â€￾
[...]
http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/Police-Arrest-a-Marine-Linked-to-Two-Abduction-Cases-85764547.html
jhf1ur.jpg
Jorge “Georgeâ€￾ Torrez​

Marine charged in attempted abduction, is a suspect in another
March 2 2010
Arlington police said they arrested an active-duty Marine who allegedly tried to abduct a woman at gunpoint and is suspected of kidnapping and sexually assaulting another woman this weekend.
Jorge "George" Torrez, 21, was arrested Saturday night by the Naval Criminal Investigative Service at the Henderson Hall Marine Corps facility in Arlington, police spokeswoman Detective Crystal Nosal said.
Torrez, who was held without bail, was charged with abduction and robbery after police said he used a handgun to try to force a woman into a car Feb. 10. The victim resisted, and Torrez fled with her purse, police said.
Police said they suspect Torrez may have abducted and sexually assaulted another woman early Saturday morning.
"It's a high probability," Nosal said.
At about 4 a.m. Saturday, a man confronted two young women in the Ballston area, forced them into a house and restrained them, police said. One of the women was able to call 911 from her cell phone seeking help, police said.
One of the two women was forced into a car and later found "left for dead" in Prince William County, Nosal said. She had been sexually assaulted and suffered serious injuries, police said. She was taken to a hospital.
Nosal said the victims appeared to be chosen at random in what she described as a "crime of opportunity."
Officials from NCIS, the Navy's law enforcement branch, picked up Torrez at Henderson Hall on Saturday evening as he was about to leave the base, Nosal said.
[...]
Nosal said the similarity between Torrez and the composite drawing made after the attempted abduction is striking. She added that the description given to police regarding Saturday's crime -- a white Hispanic male in his early 20s, 5 feet and 5 or 6 inches tall, weighing 160 pounds with short dark hair -- match Torrez's description.
[..]
http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/l...uction_-is-a-suspect-in-another-85778417.html

Arlington assault suspect linked to Illinois murders
July 9 2010An ex-Marine accused of rape in Arlington has been linked through his DNA to the murder of two Chicago-area girls, a crime for which one of the girls' father has spent the past five years in jail.
Jorge "George" Torrez's DNA reportedly matched evidence found on the body of 8-year-old Laura Hobbs, who, with 9-year-old playmate Krystal Tobias, was found beaten and stabbed to death in a Zion, Ill., park in May 2005.
Denman Rucker, Torrez's attorney, told The Washington Examiner that Arlington prosecutors notified him about the DNA link. Rucker said he couldn't confirm the DNA match because he hadn't seen the tests.
Chief Deputy Commonwealth Attorney Theophani Stamos said, "We have been asked to refer all calls to the Lake County, Ill., state's attorneys office." She declined further comment on the case.
Jerry Hobbs, Laura's father, was charged with murder shortly after the slayings, based on a confession he later said was coerced. He has been in custody awaiting trial for the past five years, even though semen found on Laura didn't match his DNA. Arlington police charge that Torrez robbed and tried to abduct one woman and raped another in separate incidents in February. He is in custody at the Arlington County Detention Facility, in a solitary unit where high-profile inmates are housed, said Susie Doyel of the Arlington County Sheriff's Office.
Torrez served in the Marines from September 2006 to April 2010, when he was discharged for misconduct, Marine Cpl. Karenly Guerra said. Torrez was charged with one of the Arlington assaults in February and with the other in June.
He was a corporal stationed at Henderson Hall in Arlington at the time of the alleged assaults there.
When Torrez lived in Zion, he was friends with Krystal Tobias' older brother, the Chicago Tribune reported.
Prosecutor Jeff Pavletic told the Tribune that investigators matched the evidence from Laura's body to another suspect, but did not name Torrez, who has not been charged in the murders.
Torrez's sister, Sara Torrez, told Chicago media outlets that authorities informed her and her parents that Jorge Torrez was linked to the murder of the two girls and officers had searched their home in Zion.
Jerry Hobbs' guilt should have long been in doubt, said Steven Drizin, a Northwestern University law professor and the director of the school's Center on Wrongful Convictions.
DNA is the "gold standard" of forensic evidence and that evidence "eviscerated the reliability of Hobbs' confession," Drizin said. Most prosecutors, Drizin said, will not proceed in a rape case when DNA evidence does not match their suspect unless there is a credible reason why someone else's DNA is on the victim.
[...]
http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/l...pect-linked-to-Illinois-murders-98073524.html

I remember this case so vividly
Hobbs to stay in jail for girls' slayings, despite DNA evidence
July 7 2010
Jerry Hobbs will remain in jail for at least two more weeks for the murders of his 8-year-old daughter and her 9-year-old friend, despite new DNA evidence that links another man to the slayings.Prosecutors told a Lake County judge this morning they want more time to investigate the evidence. Judge Fred Foreman agreed and set a hearing for July 21 to discuss how to proceed. In the meantime, he ordered the state's attorney's office to keep Hobbs' lawyers apprised of their findings.
"We hope that everybody makes this the No. 1 priority over the next two weeks," Foreman said. He kept intact an Oct. 6 trial date for Hobbs.
Hobbs, flanked by two guards, appeared in court in a blue jump suit. He did not speak or show any emotion during today's hearing.

"The investigation is still ongoing," said Michael Mermel, assistant state's attorney. "We advised the judge that we have this new information. It was the state's efforts that got this new evidence to happen."
The public defender representing Hobbs agreed to the two-week period for further investigation, with reservations.

"We would prefer that he be let out now," said Greg Ticsay, assistant public defender.
"We asked that he be released a year ago. You heard about the evidence. It is substantial."
On Tuesday, officials confirmed that a DNA sample found on Hobbs' daughter Laura has been linked to another man who's in custody in Virginia.
The DNA match was discovered June 25, according to Jeff Pavletic, first assistant state's attorney for Lake County. Since then, the Lake County Major Crimes Task Force has begun interviewing new witnesses and re-interviewing others.
Sara Torrez, 25, of Zion, said investigators with the task force told her last week that they had evidence linking the crime to her brother, Jorge "George" Torrez, 21. She said they questioned her and her parents last week about the Zion murders and used a warrant to conduct a search of the family's home, which is about a block away from the victims' houses, she said.
Jorge Torrez, 21, is a Marine who was arrested in late February in Arlington, Va., for an unrelated crime.
[...]
http://www.chicagobreakingnews.com/...-for-girls-slayings-despite-dna-evidence.html
2sbrf2d.jpg
Krystal Tobias and Laura Hobbs​

This story is really fucked up. If this dad didn't do it, which it sounds like he most likely didn't. He has spent 5 years in prison for killing his daughter. Can you imagine the nightmare this guy has been living? I can't even begin to imagine what it would feel like to have a child murdered and raped, then being falsely accused of committing the crime. Being arrested while trying to grieve for your murdered baby.

What if this asshole Jorge wouldn't have raped this other woman. Chances are Jerry Hobbs would be sitting in prison for the rest of his life.

The one thing I hate about prosecutors is they always try to come up with a reason someone else's DNA evidence may be at a crime scene, just so they can make themselves look better by never admitting they are wrong. One case that really sticks in my mind is about a woman, her boyfriend/husband and sister who were all convicted of the manslaughter of someone who never existed...I don't understand it. This story scares the shit out of me and is why I flip flop on the death penalty. It pisses me off badly. DA WILL NEVER ADMIT THERE WAS NO BABY!!!! Sad, sad, story.

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/1475124/wrongful_conviction_the_choctaw_three.html?cat=17

http://www.inclusiondaily.com/news/laws/banks.htm

Anyway, depending on the DA in this case he could always turn around and say they worked together on the crime. Jerry Hobbs and Jorge. That kind of mentality from prosecutors is what scares me the most. Do, say anything that will make them never have to admit they are human and just made a mistake.

What a nightmare. At least the father hasn't been convicted, yet. If he had, it would likely be a lot more than 2 weeks to get released.

This should scare EVERYONE. I mean, this father confessed. All over the country, thousands - maybe tens or hundreds of thousands - of inmates have confessed to crimes they didn't commit because of police coersion. Can you imagine? Being detained at a vulnerable time in your life to begin with, only to have officers threaten or beat a confession out of you?

I think most people think it would never happen to them - that they would never be forced to confess to a crime they didn't commit. I bet this father thought the same.

I'm just glad the truth has come out and it cost him 5 years rather than 15 or 30. Pretty fuckin' thin silver lining, though.

The father Jerry Hobbs is the topic of Datelines 2 hour show tonight UNLESS they change it as they sometimes do and piss me off

I was thinking about this story when I went to bed lastnight/his morning actually
When he did this 5 yrs ago( if the DNA is true) then he was 16
They were at an age where attention from an "older boy" would've been giggles and fun to them
I can totally see them all excited b/c a older "boy" was showing them attention and they probably had this nog secret to meet him maybe??
And that when he struck

jorge

this sucks...for everyone to know... in may of 2005 when the 2 girls were found... they said that they were never raped or no dna was found... then in june 2007 there was dna. Jorge was krystals brothers friend.. and if you knew what crowd they were in you wouldnt think he done it. i dont think he done it. all their facts about what happened was very different each day.. first of all they said that a guy jogging found them now her dad found them... then they said they were not sexually assulted now they are saying they were.. then they said that someone seen them alone at the park around the time that it happened then they said someone said they seen them with someone at the park. so its like no one can get their story straight.. and the dna yeah one of them might have dna from jorge because he was over krystals house ALL the time... so its like DUH! and for all the people that call him a sick and all that you should really know what happened and then say that

and the dna yeah one of them might have dna from jorge because he was over krystals house ALL the time...

I am pretty sure that for the DNA of one man to be found it had to be in a spot that a casual touch wouldn't be. Like her vagina.

And eyewitnesses are notoriously faulty. That is why they use DNA now.

The one thing I hate about prosecutors is they always try to come up with a reason someone else's DNA evidence may be at a crime scene, just so they can make themselves look better by never admitting they are wrong. One case that really sticks in my mind is about a woman, her boyfriend/husband and sister who were all convicted of the manslaughter of someone who never existed...I don't understand it. This story scares the shit out of me and is why I flip flop on the death penalty. It pisses me off badly. DA WILL NEVER ADMIT THERE WAS NO BABY!!!! Sad, sad, story.

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/1475124/wrongful_conviction_the_choctaw_three.html?cat=17

http://www.inclusiondaily.com/news/laws/banks.htm

OMG, I totally remember this story! Victoria Bell Banks had a tubal ligation, she couldn't even conceive! that story was insane!

The father Jerry Hobbs is the topic of Datelines 2 hour show tonight UNLESS they change it as they sometimes do and piss me off

I just read his confession stuff in this article 'Confession' details young girls' slayings I often wonder how grueling these interviews are to give this much of a vivid false confession..it's happen before though i also remember a case where 6 different men all confessed to a rape/murder with details and at the end not one of them did it. it was this random guy who happened to watch the husband go to work and slip in the door..it's crazy but all to possible.

this sucks...for everyone to know... in may of 2005 when the 2 girls were found... they said that they were never raped or no dna was found... then in june 2007 there was dna. Jorge was krystals brothers friend.. and if you knew what crowd they were in you wouldnt think he done it. i dont think he done it. all their facts about what happened was very different each day.. first of all they said that a guy jogging found them now her dad found them... then they said they were not sexually assulted now they are saying they were.. then they said that someone seen them alone at the park around the time that it happened then they said someone said they seen them with someone at the park. so its like no one can get their story straight.. and the dna yeah one of them might have dna from jorge because he was over krystals house ALL the time... so its like DUH! and for all the people that call him a sick and all that you should really know what happened and then say that

Are you saying you really know before you posted this to what really happened to those lovely girls?

I think your post gave my computer a syntax virus smartie.

Last edited:
no what i am say is at the time of the muders there was NO DNA and they said they found the DNA on her SHIRT shithead! anyways they didnt find the dna till 2 years later... and they said they were both still virgins after death...I live in zion.. and actually live down the street from both the little girls. And all i am saying is that all the cops stories don't add up. first a runner found them, then her dad found them, no dna was found now semen was found, and they said that they corherised the confession of the little girls day. and at the crime scene he had no emotion... he didnt cry he didnt look sad at all he was just there. and its like for your 9 year old daughter to be killed like that you have to show some emotion hate, sad,mad anything but he just sat there. and i dont care how long i am interigated for killing my own kid i would NEVER said i did it. unless i had some part to do with it

and for all the people that call him a sick and all that you should really know what happened and then say that

I know all I want to know about him. He's a child killing rapist and I resent him using air I might want to breathe one day. ty to the poster who said I could use her comment about air.

You are really disgusting. I can't believe you are sticking up for this man.

His semen was found on her shirt. How?? Most nine year olds don't have semen on them at fucking all, regardless of were it is.

And just because they were technically virgins when the died, (and HOW the FUCK do you know that!?) he could have still sexually assaulted them.

Why are you here anyway? Without proof it is just hearsay on your part, and you are obviously biased. Not only do you not think he did this (just jerked off on her apparently, ewwww) but you are ignoring the fact that he tried to abduct and sexually assault a grown woman right before he was caught.

Sounds like a fine example of a friend. Not.

'coherised' is that supposed to be 'coerced'

Dictionaries are your friend, learn to use them, it really is not that hard.

Last edited:
Nell, I ran out of thanks but THANK YOU!!! I am to fucking pissed to even form a thought that doesn't include a hearty fuck off in it. So again, thanks!

'coherised' is that supposrd to be 'coerced'

Dictionaries are your friend, learn to use them, it really is not that hard.

And I think 'interigated' = interrogated. Look at me! I'm interpreting 'tardspeak! :hello:

Ex-Marine gets 5 life sentences in rape, abduction cases

Jorge Torrez, a former Marine found guilty Friday of abduction, rape, sodomy and robbery charges, has been sentenced to five life terms.

An Arlington County Circuit Court jury found him guilty on 14 of 17 charges and imposed life sentences for five of them. The jury also sentenced the 22-year-old Torrez to a total of 168 years in prison for the other convictions.

Torrez was convicted of raping and abducting one woman, after restraining the woman and her friend in a house, on Feb. 27. He was also convicted of trying to lead a woman into his car and robbing her of her purse on Feb. 10.

All three women testified at the trial. Prosecutor Theophani Stamos said their testimony had an “extraordinarily powerful” impact on the jury. She said the commonwealth’s attorney’s office is “extremely grateful” for the outcome.

Jason Rucker, Torrez’s attorney, couldn’t immediately be reached for comment.

Torrez has also been linked through DNA to the 2005 killings of two young girls near Chicago, but has not been charged in that case.
[...]
http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/l...tences-in-rape-abduction-cases-105062079.html

Man linked to Zion killings charged with murder in Virginia
June 17 2011
An ex-Marine and former Zion resident reportedly linked to the notorious murder of two Zion girls in 2005 pleaded not guilty in Virginia federal court Friday to killing a 20-year-old Navy petty officer in 2009.

Jorge "George" Torrez is accused of murdering Amanda J. Snell on a Washington-area military base. If convicted of first-degree murder, Torrez — already serving five life sentences for two other Virginia crimes — could qualify for the death penalty, federal authorities said.
Several sources have said Torrez's DNA has been linked to the slayings of Laura Hobbs, 8, and Krystal Tobias, 9, in Zion in 2005. Laura's father, Jerry Hobbs, initially confessed to the crime and was held in Lake County Jail for five years before the charges were dropped after tests showed his DNA did not match semen found on his daughter.
[,,,]
Torrez, shackled and wearing a green prison jumpsuit, entered his plea during brief hearing in Alexandria, Va., Friday.
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/ct-met-jorge-torrez-plea-20110617,0,4995723.story

Why didn't they charge him w/ the Chicago murders?....

because they will then be forced to admit they imprisoned the wrong man, release him and pay him an assload of damages.

Torrez trial jurors hear details about Zion slayings

Prosecutors today painted a vivid picture of the stabbing deaths of two young girls in Lake County in 2005, laying out the details of a brutal crime that was followed by a troubled investigation.

The double slaying's details are being aired in Virginia federal court, where prosecutors are seeking the death penalty
[...]
former Marine Jorge Torrez for the murder of 20-year-old Navy sailor Amanda Jean Snell in 2009.

Torrez was found guilty of that crime earlier this month, and one of his attorneys said Monday that Torrez told his lawyers not to make any statements or cross-examine witnesses on his behalf during sentencing proceedings.
Torrez has yet to face trial in Lake County for the Zion stabbings, a crime authorities for five years blamed on Jerry Hobbs, the father of one of the victims. It became known in 2007 that DNA from the scene did not belong to Hobbs, but Lake County prosecutors insisted on his guilt until 2010, when authorities say the DNA linked the crime to Torrez following his arrest in a string of attacks on women in the Washington, D.C., area. Hobbs was freed in 2010 and Torrez was charged with the Zion crime
[...]
jurors saw graphic crime scene photos and heard the frantic 911 call that followed the discovery of Krystal Tobias, 9, and Laura Hobbs, 8, in a Zion park in May 2005. The girls were missing before they were found slain, and, in one 911 call, Jerry Hobbs could be heard moaning in the background after he
[...]
discovered the bodies.

Hollabaugh testified about the gruesome discovery today.

"Jerry started screaming that he found the girls and they were dead," Hollabaugh said. "I told him 'No, they're not.' "

Reality soon came into focus for the grandfather, who made another call to police saying the girls were dead. Hobbs would confess to the crime – falsely, authorities now say – following questioning that stretched across 24 hours.

Krystal's mother, Marina Christina Tobias, said today she learned of her daughter's death when she went to the other girl's house following a search of the park. Whispering on the stand in federal court, Tobias said Laura's mother, Sheila Hollabaugh, said to her, "Don't you know they already found them and they're dead?"

Krystal's half-brother, Alberto Segura, testified that he spoke with Torrez from jail after his arrest in 2010. Torrez lived close to Segura and his family as a child, and the pair were friends, Segura testified. Segura asked his one-time friend during a phone call whether he committed the Zion crime, he testified. Torrez paused before answering that he didn't, Segura said.

"He had me second-guessing," Segura said.

Color photos of the slain girls were shown in court as Torrez looked on.
[...]
Witnesses who knew Torrez testified about his collection of knives and a ninja star. When asked if Jerry Hobbs would testify, Assistant U.S. Attorney James Trump said, "I don't think so."

When the hearing ends, jurors will be asked to choose one of two options – life in prison without parole or a death sentence. Torrez is currently serving five life sentences plus 168 years for the attacks on women in Virginia, which included a rape and abduction.

As Segura was dismissed from the stand today, he looked at his former friend and said, "All right, Jorge. Good luck, man.
"http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/...i-jorge-torrez-trial-20140422,0,4957852.story

more updates here at link
http://www.chicagotribune.com/

Ex-marine 'who raped and murdered two little girls' may NEVER face trial and 'laughed' when he was told a victim's father had been wrongly imprisoned for five years for the killings
  • Jorge Torrez, 25, is currently facing sentencing in Virginia for the murder of US Navy sailor, Amanda Snell
  • He has refused to defend himself and his defense team believe this indicates he wants the death penalty
  • Torrez is also suspected of murdering Laura Hobbs, 8, and her friend Krystal Tobias, 9, in 2005 in Illinois
  • DNA evidence and a recorded confession to another inmate strongly links him to the brutal raping and stabbing
  • Jerry Hobbs, the father of Laura, was wrongly convicted of their murders in 2005
  • He was released in 2010 and received a payout of $8 million
  • Torrez reportedly laughed when he was told the victim's father had been found guilty
[....]
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...JAILED-FIVE-YEARS-killings.html#ixzz2zkza1K2h

Well I mean he's already serving 6 life sentences and 168yrs so his meeting Death is only the next logical step.

Kill him get it done and over with. No matter what those families unfourtunatly will not get an im sorry or anything like that from the sick fuck. They are only going to hear horrible details and watch somone who is unrepentive. It is going to cost a lot of money that could be used for better things. My heart goes out to those poor famlies.

Back