• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Whisper

#byefelicia
ws1pwj.jpg
[...]
Alabama man who went to the hospital for a routine circumcision says doctors mistakenly amputated his penis.
Johnny Lee Banks Jr. of Birmingham and his wife, Zelda Banks, filed the lawsuit Tuesday. They're suing the hospital, doctors and others for medical malpractice.
[...]
lawsuit says Banks went to Princeton Baptist Medical Center in Birmingham last month for a circumcision. The suit alleges the man's penis was gone when he awoke.
[...]
suit says that the mistaken amputation has caused the man extreme pain, and that his wife also is suffering.

The suit names the hospital, a urology group, a medical clinic and two doctors as defendants. It's seeking an unspecified dollar amount.
[...]
hospital spokeswoman says the claims lack merit.

Others defendants didn't return messages seeking comment.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/...is-amputation_n_5618067.html?utm_hp_ref=crime

An adult circumcision is not a routine procedure, I wonder why he was getting one to begin with. I can't imagine why the fuck they're waiting to be sued and not offered this man 90 million dollars already, they have to be the dumbest medical personnel to accidentally cut his whole penis off. (unless he had a micro-penis to begin with)

A little more info

An Alabama man who went into surgery for what was supposed to be a routine circumcision filed a lawsuit contending doctors mistakenly amputated his penis, but a hospital said Thursday the claims were without merit.

[...]

A statement released by hospital spokeswoman Kate Darden said the allegations lacked merit.

"We intend to defend all counts aggressively," said the statement from Baptist Health System Inc., which operates the hospital in Birmingham. The hospital declined further comment.

The suit also names Urology Centers of Alabama and Dr. Vincent Michael Bivins, who works there; and Simon-Williamson Clinic and Dr. Alan C. Aikens, who works at the clinic.

[...]

Bivins was treating Banks for conditions that led to the circumcision, the suit says, and Aikens was scheduled to perform the procedure.

Banks never received an explanation of what led to the amputation of his penis, according to the lawsuit, and the complaint doesn't say what might have happened.

The suit also says multiple other parties could be added later as named defendants.
http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/alabama-man-claims-penis-mistakenly-amputated-24697791

Hmmmmm the gets even weirder
[...]
"My client is devastated," Graves said.

Banks, who is married and does not work due to a disability, did not recall the precise date of the incident but believed it occurred in June, his attorney said.

The lawsuit does not specify a monetary value of the damages, Graves said.

Named as defendants in the lawsuit are the hospital, the Simon-Williamson Clinic, Urology Centers of Alabama and two doctors, Graves said.

Spokeswomen for the hospital, the clinic and Urology Centers of Alabama did not immediately respond to messages seeking comment.
http://www.torontosun.com/2014/07/2...aiming-penis-amputated-instead-of-circumcised

f426a453-48e5-4b5a-89f9-31a026919ebf_zps88e9c766.jpg

So it seems he wasn't healthy at the time of his epic circumcision? And can't recall the date of the incident, other than it was...in June? LOL!!! Sounds complicated.

Often chronic infections & UTI's can lead to a decision to circumcise. I knew an adult male who had it done for that reason.
I know surgery mistakes are made but....I feel removal of a penis would have people double checking.

How the fuck do you NOT know when your penis was amputated???

June ........ sometime ..
Huh?
That's fucked up ..

So, what I'm reading is that
A) He wa being treated for some kind of medical issue, which led to him needing the circumcision.
B) While performing the circumcision, they found an infection or something. They needed to amputate because his penis was too far deteriorated.
C) The man didn't understand why they had to amputate and would rather die than live without his penis. (I don't know for sure, but wouldn't most men rather die than live without their penis)

He probably signed some sort of medical release authorizing the doctors to perform an additional procedure if it became necessary.

Agree w/all. If it's a reconstruction he's after, as long as his testicular sack and scrotum are intact, they can build him a new one fairly easily, even add length & girth if he chooses via grafts. It's the words "too deteriorated" that caught my attn. Definitely agree whatever's going on w/him, the docs could have been justified. If he had dead/infected penile tissue, they have to remove it per Standard of Care. @Cassiopeia had a good point re: pre-op forms. He may have signed them w/o reading them like lots of ppl do. Will be interesting to find out what happens.

Ugh... I wonder if it was a big oozing mess of infection and it had to be cut off.

*Shudders*

Also, If he doesn't know when it was cut off, It must not have been a big deal.

I wonder if he is a diabetic? Gangrene can happen *cough* there.
There was a 53 yo patient that had gangrene on his penis, he'd had type 1 diabetes all his life and it was uncontrolled. It was chopped off :jawdrop:, but the patient knew his predicament, the surgeon stated 5 times in the op report that the patient was aware of the surgery outcome.

While performing the circumcision, they found an infection or something. They needed to amputate because his penis was too far deteriorated.

Where did you see that? I didn't read it in any of the stories I've viewed. I could be wrong, but, I just didn't see it.

C) The man didn't understand why they had to amputate and would rather die than live without his penis. (I don't know for sure, but wouldn't most men rather die than live without their penis)

I'm torn. On the one hand, I'd be devastated and would most likely off myself. On the other, I'd probably live a more stress free, less complicated life, not care if I got fat and certainly get in a lot less trouble!

What I want to know is this: was it an actual circumcision that was to be performed OR did he have a medical issue that involved removing dead skin or nastiness from his junk and it was more extensive than they thought it would be leaving him with not alot to speak of.
Also what man wouldn't remember the exact day and time of said procedure to ones penis? Wouldn't you have that shit written in neon and circled ten times with a red pen? I mean its your dick ffs.

Where did you see that? I didn't read it in any of the stories I've viewed. I could be wrong, but, I just didn't see it.
I didn't state myself clearly.
What I got out of reading this and thinking about why they would remove his penis...
I didn't actually read that anywhere. Sorry for my misprint.
If the hospital is stating they didn't botch the surgery, why else would they remove the penis unless it was necessary to his health.

When I was in school, I was writing a paper and came across gangrene penis. Google it, I dare you.

Latest posts

Back