• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Whisper

#byefelicia
2lswi1e.jpg

John Hruby, the publisher of a newspaper in a small Oklahoma city, his wife Tinker, and their 17-year-old daughter Katherine were found dead inside their home on Monday.
2viowhy.jpg

John Hruby (pictured) was found dead in his home Monday morning.​
The publisher of a newspaper in a small Oklahoma city, his wife and their 17-year-old daughter were found dead inside their home on Monday, and the local prosecutor is treating their deaths as homicides
[...]
The bodies of John Hruby, his wife, Katherine "Tinker" Hruby and their daughter, Katherine, were found by a housekeeper around 9 a.m. on Monday, police in the southern Oklahoma city of Duncan
[,,,,]
Jason Hicks, the Stephens County district attorney, told
[...]
that the deaths were homicides, adding that no one has been arrested in connection with the killings.
ohn Hruby published the Marlow Review, a weekly newspaper serving Marlow, a small city of about 4,600 people
[...]
"The Marlow Review asks the general public for prayers following the tragic deaths," the newspaper said in a statement.

Danny Ford, the Duncan police chief, said more information would be released following an investigation.
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...ublishing-family-found-dead-article-1.1974064
fkyz51.jpg

John and Tinker Hruby's son Alan (pictured) is being held by police, but in relation to another crime.​

Oklahoma newspaper publisher's teenage son charged with slaying family
Alan Hruby, a 19-year-old University of Oklahoma student, reportedly confessed to killing his father, mother and sister to gain access to the family's estate and pay off debts, police said. He had recently been cut off financially.
708l7b.jpg

no smile this time​
[...]
son of an Oklahoma newspaper publisher reportedly confessed to killing his parents and sister to access a family inheritance Wednesday
[...]
Alan Hruby, 19, was charged with three counts of first-degree murder in the deaths of father John Hruby, 50, mother Katherine (Tinker) Hruby, 48, and sister Katherine Hruby, 17
[..]
Although a housekeeper discovered the bodies Monday morning, Hruby reportedly told police the killings happened three days earlier on Thursday night.

The University of Oklahoma freshman then spent the weekend with friends at a college football game in Dallas and stayed at the Ritz Carlton
[....]
Alan Hruby reportedly told officers he killed his family because he had recently been cut off financially after an "abundance of spending,
[...]
He told authorities he owed $3,000 to a loan shark,
[...]
The reason we were given for the murders was that he was having financial difficulties," Hicks said at a news conference. "He felt if he murdered (his family) he would be the only heir to the estate."
He admitted to stealing one of his father's pistols to carry out the crime
[...]
He took a gun and disc from a security system and disposed of them
[...]
"He did not want to get caught,"
[...]
Alan Hruby, who was also charged with knowingly concealing stolen property, is being held without bond,
[...]
Police had previously detained him for probation violations for a credit card case before charging him with murder.
[...]
Alan Hruby pleaded guilty to a felony in January after his father reported him for spending nearly $5,000 on a stolen credit card during a trip to Europe in August 2013. The court placed him on a delayed sentencing program for young offenders and ordered him to pay restitution and undergo substance abuse counseling.

John Hruby was the publisher of the weekly newspaper
[...]
where his wife also worked.

"This is a complete shock," Todd Brooks, news and sports editor for The Marlow Review, told
[....]
"I don't know how else to describe it. It's a shock and a tragedy. It's still hard to wrap your mind around."
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...rged-slaying-parents-sister-article-1.1975747

I know it happens but you still have to wonder what kind of desperation drives someone to this type of violence. Everyone has trouble with their parents at times but usually you don't kill them. That leaves an indelible image in your brain forever. What a horrible excuse for a life. when people have this type of sense of entitlement, its scary what they might do . I know the thoughts and prayers of many people are with the family remaining. IMO not so much with him. That takes longer. In the meantime he'll live in a hell of his own making.
May his sister and parents RIP.

to gain access to the family's estate and pay off debts, police said. He had recently been cut off financially.
Because getting a, oh, I don't know, maybe a JOB isn't a viable option when weighed against 3 counts of 1st degree murder? Because 3 murders are easier than asking "Do you want fries with that?"

And, shall we mention the nifty "Son of Sam" laws that prevent someone from benefitting from their crimes?

Because getting a, oh, I don't know, maybe a JOB isn't a viable option when weighed against 3 counts of 1st degree murder? Because 3 murders are easier than asking "Do you want fries with that?"

And, shall we mention the nifty "Son of Sam" laws that prevent someone from benefiting from their crimes?

well.. We live in a country where a criminals rights have priority over ours, being provided a comfy resort with all expenses paid and enough bleeding hearts to ensure your pillow is fluffed every night who has time for a Job?

While I believe that the majority of prisoners have it way easier than I would like given their crimes, I wouldn't classify the vast majority of prisons as "comfy resorts". Yes, there are some, but they are mainly your minimum security Federal Pens not your State Prisons like this fucktard is headed for.

What debts could he have at 19? Student loans maybe, car payment, rent? Even if he had gotten away with it chances are he would have blown the money faster than most people could imagine and be broke again before he knew it. Now he gets to bargain and bet on cantine items from jail. How dumb can you get? :jawdrop:

I know it happens but you still have to wonder what kind of desperation drives someone to this type of violence. Everyone has trouble with their parents at times but usually you don't kill them. That leaves an indelible image in your brain forever. What a horrible excuse for a life. when people have this type of sense of entitlement, its scary what they might do . I know the thoughts and prayers of many people are with the family remaining. IMO not so much with him. That takes longer. In the meantime he'll live in a hell of his own making.
May his sister and parents RIP.
money, it boils down to a sociopathic mind that they are entitled and will do anything they can get away with for money

While I believe that the majority of prisoners have it way easier than I would like given their crimes, I wouldn't classify the vast majority of prisons as "comfy resorts". Yes, there are some, but they are mainly your minimum security Federal Pens not your State Prisons like this fucktard is headed for.

Yeah. You still have to eat prison food ...and shit in public view.

Another entitled spoiled brat. Owes three grand to a loan shark??!! Spends five grand on a stolen credit card...his parents I'm assuming...to live it up on an overseas vacation. Yeah he's another entitled free spending moron that killed his family to get to their money. Happy he won't see a cent of it. Although I'm sure he used their money to party on down and pay for his cushy hotel room after killing them. Celebrating his windfall...the one he will never see.

First, Alan Hruby shot his mother.

Tinker Hruby fell to the floor, her 19-year-old son towering over her in their Oklahoma home, waiting for her to die. But she didn't — so he shot the 48-year-old mother-of-two a second time with the 9mm pistol he found in his father's truck.

Then came his sister's turn. Seventeen-year-old Katherine was outside washing her car. When she walked in, Hruby fired once again, killing her immediately.

Hruby waited. Ten minutes, 20, 30 — his mother and sister dead in the Duncan home — until his dad walked through the front door about an hour later.

He opened fired.

'Ouch,' said John Hruby, 50, feeling the sting of the first bullet enter his body.

Hruby watched his father fall the ground. Then he fired one final time, delivering the killing blow that sealed the tragic fate of his parents and sister.

Those were the grisly final moments of the Oklahoma family that died on Oct. 9 because Hruby needed $3,000 to pay a loan shark — and he thought he would inherit enough money to pay up after killing his parents and sister, court documents obtained by People magazine show.

He felt like if he murdered his mother, his father and his sister, he would be the only one, the only heir, to their estate,' District Attorney Jason Hicks, of Stephens County, told KFOR.

He at first appeared 'distressed' when police told him about his family's murder on Tuesday, a day after their bodies were found by a housekeeper.

But investigators quickly caught on to the fake tears.

'The only remorse we’ve seen is because he got caught,' Hicks told KFOR.

'Any tears that he shed, they were crocodile tears,' the prosecutor added. 'It wasn't remorse because "I've lost my mom, my dad and my sister," — it's remorse because he knows that his life is basically over.

Prosecutors have described Hruby as a money-obsessed teen who, by his own admission, 'had been cut off financially … due to an abundance of spending in recent times,' People reported.
[...]
Hicks describes Hruby as an 'evil' young man who cared little about what he did.

'It was completely planned out,' Hicks said after filing the murder case.

'This kid is an evil person.'
[...]
I did not travel with him. I just met him in Dallas. He was not acting weird at all,' Andrew Bormann toldThe Oklahoman.

'Nothing that he said or did ever raised any suspicion from me. Every time I saw him on the weekend, he was happy and laughing and having a good time. Even early Monday morning, 1am, he was laughing and joking with me as we were studying.'

Hruby even posted to Instagram a photo of him with pals in his hotel room on Sunday, the day before his family was discovered and three days after they were killed.

He made a point a point of saying he was at his dorm at The University of Oklahoma on Thursday night on his social media accounts.
[...]
His parents had recently cut him off financially, and a search of his dorm room on Wednesday turned up multiple stolen checks.

Hruby told investigators that after shooting his parents he threw the gun he used, along with a DVD from the home's security system, in a nearby lake.

Appearing in court, Hruby was described as 'soft spoken' and 'unsteady on his feet,' crying when he was denied bail by the judge.

Prosecutors have said they will be considering the death penalty in this case.

His next court hearing is scheduled for December 17 and he has been told to have a lawyer by December 2.

Court records also show Duncan police had been investigating Hruby since August because of evidence he had forged checks totaling $17,500.

It is also being reported he assaulted his mother two years ago after a disagreement over money

In a police affidavit filed in August 2013, officers met with John after he suspected his son was using a credit card not belonging to him.

Authorities say the parents found several charges to the card from Europe, during the time Hruby took a trip to Paris.

He had previously ran afoul of the law earlier this year when he pleaded guilty to a charge of credit card theft.

The credit card he stole belonged to his grandmother, Janice Hruby, according to a family friend.
[...]
It is also believe he recently stole one of his mother's cards as well, or started one in her name without her knowledge.

The boy liked to document his extravagant lifestyle, posting photos of his trips to Rome, Paris, London and New York City on his Instagram account. He is never with friends or family members on these trips.

His social media accounts also featured snaps of expensive watches and wallets and cars.
[...]
'At this time, The Marlow Review asks the general public for prayers following the tragic deaths of John Hruby, our publisher, his wife, Tinker, and their daughter, Katherine,' said John's colleagues in a statement.

'Our staff endeavors to continue to serve Marlow to the best of our ability going forward.'

Meanwhile, friends and classmates of Katherine, 17, a volleyball player, held a vigil for her last night.

'She was such a good person and such good friend to all of us,' said teammate Carly Kirkand.

'She always had a smile on her face even when she had every reason not to. It's going to be hard because she was such a huge part of this team.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-going-party-acting-normal-lay-dead-home.html

Oh to be a fly on the wall as he cried because he was denied bail. Would it have made a difference :asshat:?

Kind of touched on this above but stories like this drive one point home.
There are many cases where the parents DO deserve blame for the criminal actions of their children but the reality is that in many cases, the parents can do everything right in teaching their kids right and wrong and it won't make a damn bit of difference.
Some people are just bad seeds and there is nothing that can be done other then to lock them up.

Investigators are looking into his FB posts now. Seems he called himself a shop-aholic and had other posts about not liking his family.
According to The Oklahoman, Hruby described himself as a shopaholic on an online blog in February.

He reportedly wrote, "Being a shopaholic is not a bad thing."

"There is no bigger rush then [sic] getting to the register at a store and swiping your credit card... and in that moment you are waiting for the screen to say, 'Approved,' you start to get heart palpitations and you get a rush of adrenaline. By the time she is handing your stuff to you, you are so high on adrenaline, the $15,000 total does not even phase you until you've gotten home and see the receipts," the post reportedly continued.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/teens-facebook-posts-probed-in-slaying-of-oklahoma-family/

Prosecutors Seeking Death Penalty

1413472140521_wps_29_DUNCAN_Okla_New_informati.jpg
DUNCAN, Okla. – Prosecutors said Tuesday they will seek the death penalty against a 20-year-old Duncan man who was bound for trial in the shooting deaths of his newspaper publisher father, his mother and his sister.

A Stephens County judge determined there was enough evidence for a trial for Alan Hruby, who was charged with first-degree murder in the Oct. 9 shooting deaths of his father John Hruby, 50, his mother Joy "Tinker" Hruby, 48, and his sister, Katherine Hruby, 17.

Hruby showed no emotion as his defense attorney accepted the death penalty notification, The Oklahoman (http://bit.ly/1BgVdAc ) reported.

Prosecutors allege Hruby, then a student at the University of Oklahoma, was a shopaholic who killed his family for his inheritance after his parents cut off his finances.

A telephone message left Tuesday with Hruby's attorney, Mitch Solomon, was not immediately returned, but a gag order has been issued in the case that prohibits attorneys from discussing the case.

John Hruby was publisher of the weekly newspaper The Marlow Review.

Earlier Tuesday, Hruby wiped away tears and trembled as the family's longtime housekeeper testified during the preliminary hearing that she was in the home about 30 minutes before finding the bodies and calling police.

The housekeeper, Rose Marie Chavez, said she saw Tinker Hruby's body first. She said she touched the body and described it as "ice cold." She said she realized they were all dead when she saw blood on Katherine's face

"I was emotional and in shock," she said.

Hruby wept again when a police investigator told the judge Hruby had confessed to shooting his family.

Prosecutors contend Hruby should be punished by death because he killed for money, because he killed three people, because he is a continuing threat to society and because each murder was especially heinous, atrocious or cruel.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/06/1...gainst-man-20-charged-with-killing-family-in/

doesn't he look like a young blonder Ted Cruz? Glad the DAs office is going for that. Murder for financial gain deserves it especially unsuspecting family members as victims, cretinous pos

Fuck retail therapy...If I want shopping to be thrilling I go to the goodwill store and hunt for that perfect vintage thing...spend 12 dollars maximum. I hate the mall.

I was wondering that too lith...like eyeliner? Looks like it. I can never fathom how one can kill their family members. You only have one family.

Oklahoma judge asked to decide if Duncan triple-homicide defendant gets life insurance benefits

DUNCAN — An insurance company is asking a judge to determine if triple-homicide defendant Alan J. Hruby is entitled to $20,000 in life insurance benefits.

American Fidelity Assurance Co. stated in a petition Hruby “could be disqualified from receiving the insurance proceeds” because he is alleged to be responsible for his father’s death.

Hruby, 19, is charged with three counts of first-degree murder in the Oct. 9 fatal shootings of his parents and younger sister at their home in Duncan.

His father, newspaper publisher John Hruby, had two life insurance policies with American Fidelity. John Hruby designated his wife as the primary beneficiary and his daughter and son as contingent beneficiaries.

American Fidelity reported the insurance proceeds would be payable to Alan Hruby unless the judge determines he is disqualified. American Fidelity reported the insurance proceeds then would be payable to BancFirst in Duncan.

BancFirst is the personal representative of John Hruby’s estate.

In a petition filed Wednesday, the insurance company asked that Stephens County Associate District Judge Brent Russell “determine the entitlement ... to the proceeds at issue.”

Shouldn't they wait until after the trial to determine if the guy is qualified to get the insurance payout? A guilty verdict would make the whole, "responsible for his fathers daeath and therefore disqualified" thing pretty fuckin clear.

Alan Hruby says he "100% welcomes" the death penalty.
Wow, I never thought I could have something in common with a shit stain that murdered his family.

Hruby goes on to say that he is still trying to figure out what caused him to murder his parents and sister.
I have the answer, Because you are a shit stain.

Back