• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Abroad

Veteran Member
The family of a woman who was murdered by her boyfriend after a 999 delay have been told they cannot sue two police forces for negligence.

Joanna Michael, 25, from St Mellons, Cardiff, rang 999 twice before Cyron Williams stabbed her to death in 2009.

The Independent Police Complaints Commission (IPCC) ruled she was failed by South Wales and Gwent Police.

The Supreme Court said Ms Michael's family would not be able to proceed with claims against the two forces.

On the night of the murder on 5 August 2009, Williams, 19 at the time, broke into Ms Michael's home and found her with another man.

She called 999 at 02:29 BST and told the Gwent Police operator that Williams was at the house and had threatened to kill her.

The call went through to Gwent Police but was passed to South Wales, the force covering the area of Ms Michael's address.

Once transferred, the call should have been graded as requiring an immediate response, but was instead graded at a lower level.

When officers had still not arrived, Ms Michael called 999 again at 02:43 BST and was heard screaming before the line went dead.

Police arrived at 02:51 BST but in the 22 minutes it took them to respond to her first call, the mother of two had been stabbed 72 times. Her children were in the house at the time.

Williams was jailed for life in March 2010, after admitting murder at Cardiff Crown Court.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-south-east-wales-31004986

Where was her date at when she was getting stabbed? He get stabbed too or did he just bale or what?

22 minutes to respond to a call. Even if everything was done properly when it came to the actual call, i fail to see how such a timeline doesn't amount to negligence.

Where was her date at when she was getting stabbed? He get stabbed too or did he just bale or what?

22 minutes to respond to a call. Even if everything was done properly when it came to the actual call, i fail to see how such a timeline doesn't amount to negligence.
I didn't even think about where the other guy was.Thats a very good point.

That's government, large or smalll, for you. They screwed up and admit they screwed up but will not allow a law suite to go through even though someone was killed and it could have been prevented. If that's not grounds for a law suite then what is?

Analysis: Why can't we sue the police for negligence?

Analysis: Why can't we sue the police for negligence? This link tells you why the new guy didnt do anything he left with the ex boyfriend and then the ex bf came back and stabbed her.

Back